I'm Not Gay | News | Zach Braff

Zach Braff is Not Gay, Despite What His Old Website Says

Braff

TMZ reports that actor Zach Braff's website was hacked with a coming out announcement.

Wrote the hackers: "I have been hiding a secret inside me for too long.  The human mind can only bare so much before it explodes in emotions, and well ... it is time to let the world know.  I am excited and proud to announce that I am an open member of the homosexual community."

Braff's rep told TMZ: "That site has been down since 2006." No link was provided to the site in question.

Comments

1. I hope for his sake he isn't rescinding the truth. It would suck if he actually was gay, but just wasn't ready to be out. Considering if he did ever decide to come out - people probably wouldn't take him as seriously.

Posted by: Matt_Deveaux | Jul 20, 2011 1:35:14 PM

2. no one who is actually gay would say they are a "member of the homosexual community".

Posted by: gaylib | Jul 20, 2011 1:38:53 PM

3. Can only "bare" so much? Couldn't he afford a proofreader?

Posted by: Butch | Jul 20, 2011 1:43:59 PM

4. @Gaylib... er... aren't those the words Ricky Martin used?

And "take him seriously"?? He's a comedic actor. Are we supposed to do that?

Posted by: Craig in Portland | Jul 20, 2011 1:49:03 PM

5. Zach is also a writer and director, and I believe he's smart enough to know the difference between "bear" and "bare."

Posted by: MikeSJ | Jul 20, 2011 1:54:16 PM

6. I don't give a darn what Zach Braff's sexual orientation is.

What I DO hope is that he handles this well...cuz if he's an anti-gay db about it, I will lose my casual affection for him as an actor. And I would rather not.

Please don't go Tom-Cruise-gay-hater on us, Mr. Braff. Or I wouldn't be able to watch your stuff ever again, just like I never watch anything with Mr. Cruise in it...as I am just so THOROUGHLY repulsed my Tom Cruise's anti-gay (really-gay?) soul.

Posted by: just_a_guy | Jul 20, 2011 1:59:07 PM

7. From the TMZ report: "Zach just posted his own statement to his Facebook, writing, 'My old website got hacked. Someone issued a 'coming out' statement on my behalf. I'm still straight and in love with my girlfriend. But not too straight; I still love musicals, brunch and Doogie Howser.'"

Posted by: MikeSJ | Jul 20, 2011 2:05:20 PM

8. yeah, he's probably not gay. but his response to the hacking is very sweet.

Posted by: Andalusian Dog | Jul 20, 2011 2:32:46 PM

9. "@Gaylib... er... aren't those the words Ricky Martin ued?"

No, Ricky Martin, a singer who speaks English as a second language, said he was "a fortunate homosexual". Professional writers who are gay and native English speakers under the age of 95 who live in the year 2011 would never use the language on Braff's website.

And don't worry about Braff going Tom Cruise on the gays. Since Brafff really isn't gay, he doesn't have the crazy self-hate that Tom Cruise has. Actually straight men really don't care about gay men or being called gay because they're too busy being pre-occupied by women.

Posted by: ohplease | Jul 20, 2011 2:40:31 PM

10. I've always wanted to hate him but dammit Scrubs was just too endearing.

Posted by: RandySF | Jul 20, 2011 2:53:36 PM

11. Well he did have a bromance in "Scrubs"

Posted by: jaragon | Jul 20, 2011 5:57:24 PM

12. Don't forget his role in "The Broken Hearts Club"
    costarring with Timothy Olyphant and Dean Cain.
    Which was sweet.

Posted by: Rob West | Jul 20, 2011 8:34:52 PM

13. @OHPLEASE

Oh please indeed at your last statement.

Posted by: Gabe R L | Jul 21, 2011 12:16:13 PM

14. Wait, are you sure this wasn't on Jason "I'm married now" Biggs' Web site?

Posted by: kenneth | Jul 22, 2011 7:10:45 AM