News | Reality TV

LOGO's 'A-List' Finds a New Crop of Texan Show-Offs: VIDEO

Alist_dallas

Like it or not, LOGO's A-List series is expanding to the Lone Star State.

Watch the trailer, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Ahh.. vapidness.. forced personalities... forced drama... cliched sayings. What's not to love about this show?

I'm sad I'll have to miss it. I'm washing my bald spot those nights.

Posted by: jeff in brooklyn | Aug 22, 2011 10:22:25 AM

2. I love that picture up top where the black dude is practically an afterthought. It's a perfect visual representation of the African-American experience.

Posted by: Bronxboy47 | Aug 22, 2011 10:22:30 AM

3. Okay, as a former Texan.... that line about her boob job? CLASSIC.

Posted by: Scott | Aug 22, 2011 10:23:11 AM

4. God damn it. Just. God damn it.

Posted by: Kristofer | Aug 22, 2011 10:24:47 AM

5. Like it or not? Answer: . . .or not.

Posted by: Keith | Aug 22, 2011 10:33:37 AM

6. I've come to find that show is hugely entertaining. Every time that Reichen guy cries, I laugh hysterically.

Posted by: nodnarb | Aug 22, 2011 10:34:14 AM

7. Ugh, a whole new show based on what my husband (who was sentenced to work in Dallas for a time) refers to as "pink, squishy men."

Posted by: Jeffrey in St. Louis | Aug 22, 2011 10:35:40 AM

8. Yet more proof that nothing good ever comes out of Texas.

Posted by: Chadd | Aug 22, 2011 10:39:43 AM

9. PASS.

Posted by: truthiness | Aug 22, 2011 10:40:21 AM

10. A word of advice to Chase:

Never, ever turn that ass of yours to the camera.

Not pretty, honey. Not.Pretty.At.All.

Posted by: Jeffrey in St. Louis | Aug 22, 2011 10:40:48 AM

11. Why does Logo hate Teh Gays?

Posted by: M | Aug 22, 2011 10:47:33 AM

12. My only hope for this show is that I'm somehow in the background, dancing like an idiot.

Posted by: barto | Aug 22, 2011 10:47:55 AM

13. I just vomited in my mouth a little bit.

Posted by: The Milkman | Aug 22, 2011 10:48:52 AM

14. see new york isn't only place with shallow gay men. it is so good to know that. what next the a list of weho or beverly hills? logo uses programing that does it best to show gays in a bad light. we were better off when we were ignored by television> logo is no friend to gays anywhere.

Posted by: walter | Aug 22, 2011 10:52:10 AM

15. Can't wait! Those of you with access to LOGO make sure you Tivo and torrent to TPB. I was a reluctant fan of A-List NY and now hooked. Hate Texas so this should be fun!

Posted by: OS2Guy | Aug 22, 2011 10:56:25 AM

16. I live in Dallas and while I'm now married up and don't go to as many social events as I use to, as little as a year ago I was still very much part of the "scene" these boys run in. I can assure you NO ONE KNOWS WHO THEY ARE! It's laughable. The "cowboy" doesn't even live in Dallas, he lives in Oklahoma. The one person who was semi-well known - a local photog - dropped out after being cast when he realized what a poor decision this was. First, there's not an "A" list in Dallas, but if there were, these boys wouldn't be anywhere near it. Kthanksbai.

Posted by: Tyler | Aug 22, 2011 10:59:02 AM

17. Also - "Husbands" a new sitcom comedy from the writers of Will & Grace is coming exclusively to the 'Net. CBS tried to talk the producers into putting it on with a few changes and the producers said no. Its about two gay guys who marry just because they can then fall in love with each other. Also, don't miss Fran Drescher's new show, "Happily Divorced". Great writing, good cast and it has been renewed for a second season.

Posted by: OS2Guy | Aug 22, 2011 11:00:03 AM

18. I wish I could sue Logo for these shows for the damage they are doing to us.

I guess we wanted equality so they are showing everyone that gay men can be empty fame-whores just like the twits on Real Housewives of Wherever.

Posted by: MikeBoston | Aug 22, 2011 11:06:07 AM

19. America, you get the entertainment you deserve. This crap wouldn't be produced if there wasn't an audience for it. It's the cultural end of days.

Posted by: Mr. Pinky | Aug 22, 2011 11:07:57 AM

20. From this, you would think every gay man in Dallas is barely average looking, prissy-acting and a boring, self-absorbed idiot. You can forgive the last one of those, that's what these shows cast and rely on, but the first two -- it's criminal that they couldn't get better looking guys without the stereotypical gay mincing and lisping. What does it say when a gay men are more attracted to the blonde girl than an of the "boys"?

Seems the only thing bigger in Texas is the disinterest.

Posted by: Bart | Aug 22, 2011 11:09:33 AM

21. I was as guilty as any, addicted to all the Housewives and A List but it dawns on me there was a time when we actually watched entertainment. How would we find a Barbra Streisand today? When this show's "cast" ponders who will be the breakout "star", you now the bar has been lowered yet again.
    I wish somewhere we were celebrating those who strive for excellence, in anything, rather than reward these half wits for their celebrity and mediocrity.

Posted by: steve sando | Aug 22, 2011 11:10:25 AM

22. I just remembered why I moved out of Dallas.

Since the TV series Dallas is going back into production next spring maybe the two shows can be merged with a metrosexual JR, and Bobby as a member of PFLAG (alas, Pam won't be on the show but Christopher will). Though nothing will top the original series season 1 episode when the short-arc character Kip Mainwaring drawls "but Lucy...Ima ho-mo-sex-ual."

Posted by: Anastasia Beaverhausen | Aug 22, 2011 11:11:39 AM

23. I can't believe they keep putting on this crap.

What time was it running again?

Posted by: Trask | Aug 22, 2011 11:13:52 AM

24. Yet another reason I don't waste my money on cable.

Posted by: jakeinlove | Aug 22, 2011 11:46:02 AM

25. As a born and bred deep Southerner, I just want to clear the air: Florida and Texas are not part of the South.

Especially Texas.