Danny Roberts | Darryl Stephens | News | Television

MTV The Real World's Danny Roberts and Noah's Arc's Darryl Stephens Get Steamy in Shots from New Untitled TV Series: PHOTOS

Rs1

Towleroad has obtained some exclusive stills from an as-yet-untitled new gay scripted series created by Larry Kennar, Executive Producer of The L Word, about a group of friends in downtown L.A.

According to our tipster, it steers clear of cookie-cutter WeHo clones and thrusts us deep into the gritty world of hipsters and urban professionals.  The show is scripted but shot cinema-verité style, is still untitled, and keeps it raw and in your face " with dark humor and explicit humanity." Further details are being kept quiet as a certain network is negotiating the rights to air the series.

Filming began Monday.

Following are some stills of Darryl Stephens (Noah's Arc),one of the stars in the ensemble cast, getting steamy and intimate with a character played by Danny Roberts (The Real World: New Orleans).

Check them out (possibly not sfw), AFTER THE JUMP...

Rs2

Rs3

Rs4  Rs5

Comments

1. gritty ... hipsters?

Posted by: Brian | Aug 3, 2011 12:52:22 PM

2. Um, seriously? "the gritty world of hipsters and urban professionals." I hope that was copied verbatim from a press release...

Posted by: rustytrawler | Aug 3, 2011 12:59:27 PM

3. I could even be accused of being a hipster and an urban professional -- but if this world is gritty, I'm Martha Stewart.

Posted by: justme | Aug 3, 2011 1:02:23 PM

4. Hawt! Love both of them - good to see two out gay men playing gay men!

Posted by: KerryD | Aug 3, 2011 1:06:34 PM

5. We are so gritty. We have facial hair and jobs and we make out with dudes in showers.

Posted by: Alex | Aug 3, 2011 1:07:41 PM

6. I'd like to see a series about gays who are sexy and active, yet "normal", everyday guys (looking hot) WITH smart and deep scripts and excellent actors.
    The shower pics look hot, maybe they just had some great dialogue.

Posted by: Matt26 | Aug 3, 2011 1:07:42 PM

7. +1 and a ROFLMAO to everything above.

Posted by: Leo | Aug 3, 2011 1:10:02 PM

8. Dunno about the gritty/hipster stuff, but I sure am glad to see more of Danny Roberts!!! He looks a bit older, but still fantastic!! MOREMOREMORE!!!

Posted by: MikeInSanJose | Aug 3, 2011 1:10:59 PM

9. What network will this be on, or is it still being shopped around? Hope it's HBO or Showtime so they can show us more....

Posted by: Kevin_BGFH | Aug 3, 2011 1:11:49 PM

10. Didn't know Danny was an actor, not that its a surprise that a reality show contestant is trying to get into acting.

I had SUCH a crush on him in High School, it was like the last season of the real world before it got all mega boozy.

Guess that crush never went away, cuz damn.

Posted by: Brandon h | Aug 3, 2011 1:12:47 PM

11. "it steers clear of cookie-cutter WeHo clones and thrusts us deep into the gritty world of hipsters and urban professionals."

haha I'm pretty sure the hipsters and urban pro's are also part of that category so nothing new here. I like Matt26's idea much better, write a script my man!

Posted by: Eric | Aug 3, 2011 1:13:33 PM

12. danny is certainly looking different these days. but good!

Posted by: Joseph Klock | Aug 3, 2011 1:13:44 PM

13. Oh, sigh. I was so crazy about Danny on The Real World: New Orleans and I liked Darryl on Noah's Arc. Generally I avoid hipsters like scabies but I would watch my favorite eye candy.

Posted by: Mimsy | Aug 3, 2011 1:25:46 PM

14. The fact that they don't mention a network makes me wonder if they're still shopping it...

God help us if this goes to Logo, here! or some other crapwork.

Posted by: Dan | Aug 3, 2011 1:48:03 PM

15. Read all the way thru. Negotiations. Got it.

HBO seems good to be true. Showtime seems like the next best choice.

Posted by: Dan | Aug 3, 2011 1:53:22 PM

16. If goes to LOGO they'll do one season and we'll never see it again.

And I doubt here! could raise the money to produce it, considering here! is a complete scam run by con artists.

Posted by: Tony | Aug 3, 2011 1:55:03 PM

17. What's gritty about this? The dirt in the bathwater?

Posted by: Joey Y | Aug 3, 2011 2:05:30 PM

18. Thank you, Matt26. I mean, we all love hot sex scenes, but wouldn't it be nice to have a show in which the main character is a gay guy who is professionally successful, not at all effeminate, knows his neighbors and is liked by them, has straight friends, and does not jump in bed with every attractive stranger he encounters as soon as possible.

You know, just the kind of character we see straight guys depicted as all the time.

Is that so hard to do?

Posted by: Rick | Aug 3, 2011 2:18:17 PM

19. The big news about this still network-less show is that, possibly, an simultaneously African-American and gay actor (Darryl Stephens) will have a leading role in an interracial social fictional drama playing someone other than a drag queen or an effeminate gay man (which is all well and good but we need a broader range of depictions).

Posted by: brenda | Aug 3, 2011 2:20:21 PM

20. @Rick, exactly.

Posted by: Matt26 | Aug 3, 2011 2:25:14 PM

21. Danny was the first time I remember seeing an out guy on TV. I had the biggest crush on him when I was a kid, and I still do. I'll probably watch this just for the eye candy.

Posted by: Kristofer | Aug 3, 2011 2:30:50 PM

22. It's thrilling to see openly gay actors playing gay characters, just for verisimilitude--no well-meaning quotes to the media about what an "honor" it is, or an acting "challenge" and all that. Daryl Stephens is a beautiful man, but Danny Roberts...whew. Not enough adjectives. Can't wait to see more clips/pics from this. (I don't think I can handle many more shower pics though, I may pass out.)

Posted by: Dback | Aug 3, 2011 2:48:38 PM

23. Nothing is ever good enough for some of you whiners! (It must be miserable to be your boyfriends!)

This story has an OUT African-American actors sucking face in a shower with an OUT white guy WITH BODY HAIR...and you still complain "They're not real enough! They're not gritty enough! I want a series about people as unlikable as me!"

Grow up. Learn to differentiate between what's good and what's TRULY not. Stop complaining reflexively.

Danny and Darryl are the ones keeping it real here, not you.

Posted by: JeffNYC | Aug 3, 2011 3:20:48 PM

24. Crossing my fingers that it gets picked up. Good to see Darryl Stephens working.

Posted by: Brian in Texas | Aug 3, 2011 3:26:48 PM

25. What's this "normal" you bitches keep throwing around? And also what TV shows depict single straight males that don't sleep around with every attractive woman they meet?

Posted by: sugarrhill | Aug 3, 2011 3:43:02 PM