"Ex-Gays" | News

What a Self-Described 'Ex-Gay Superstar' Looks Like: VIDEO

Thomas

Randy Thomas, the former Executive Vice President of "ex-gay" group Exodus International, considers himself an "ex-gay superstar" and has started a blog by that name accompanied by a video introduction (with its own theme song!).

And no, he's not kidding.

Watch it, AFTER THE JUMP...

(via good as you)

Welcome To Confessions of An Ex-Gay Superstar from Randy Thomas on Vimeo.

Comments

1. I had to stop the video. That guy is so flaming, my iPhone overheated!

Posted by: Mike | Aug 22, 2011 11:37:07 AM

2. It's always really sad to see mental illness so encouraged.

But then again, whenever Christianity and the gays mix, there is almost always a call for money.

The gays have made, and continue to make, the very rich careers of so many of the devout.

Posted by: slatefish | Aug 22, 2011 11:40:17 AM

3. If he's no longer gay, he's heterosexual [ snickering] not an "ex-gay." And, my, isn't Miss Randy aging badly?

Posted by: Auntie Dogma | Aug 22, 2011 11:41:01 AM

4. You CANNOT make this stuff up. Very, very, very sad. Slatefish has it right, this man is simply, obviously, and pathetically mentally ill.

Posted by: ohplease | Aug 22, 2011 11:43:27 AM

5. He seems very, very stoned to me. I guess "ex-gay" doesn't mean you have to quit smoking herb.

Posted by: johnny | Aug 22, 2011 11:50:37 AM

6. Bless his heart. That is so sad. All the annoying queen mannerisms and affect, and none of the fun. He was marginally cuter when he was gay. Marginally.

Posted by: Sweet Mother Mary | Aug 22, 2011 11:51:30 AM

7. He's smart enough. Good enough. And gosh darn it, people like him!

It's really unfortunate that he has so little inner sense of self-worth that he welcomes the "validation" of the likes of Tony Perkins and company... of course, GOProud is pretty much the same way.

Posted by: Mike in Houston | Aug 22, 2011 11:58:24 AM

8. oh dear jesus.

Posted by: Michael W. | Aug 22, 2011 12:03:25 PM

9. OMG! OMG!! OMG!!! I think I'm gonna be sick.

Posted by: HadenoughBS | Aug 22, 2011 12:04:16 PM

10. Well that wasth jusstht Ssthuper duper!

He must think that we are blind blind and deaf if he thinks we can't recognize a gay man who is stoned out of his mind! Does he REALLY think we haven't seen it before and don't know what it looks and sounds like?

Sstho ssthad!

Posted by: TampaZeke | Aug 22, 2011 12:05:08 PM

11. He reminds me of about a third of the gay men I knew when I lived in Oklahoma. There's a just-below-the-surface desperation that I can smell a mile away. You can see it in the perma-smile and the Bachmann-esque crazy eyes. Poor thing doesn't realize yet that no matter how ex-gay he says he is, his father will always think he's a fag.

Oh... and nice prison pussy, dude. I think the goatee pisses me off more than anything else.

Posted by: The Milkman | Aug 22, 2011 12:05:12 PM

12. Ugh, what a phony freak.

Posted by: nikko | Aug 22, 2011 12:11:57 PM

13. Poor guy.

Posted by: Jeff | Aug 22, 2011 12:13:15 PM

14. "Let me hover my mouth over your cock"

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Aug 22, 2011 12:23:45 PM

15. He has organizational skills?

Posted by: anon | Aug 22, 2011 12:29:17 PM

16. I'm super!
    Thanks for asking!
    All things considered I couldn't be better I must say!
    I'm feeling super!
    No, nothing bugs me!
    Everything is super when you're--
    Don't you think I look cute writing this blog?

Posted by: Andrew F | Aug 22, 2011 12:31:54 PM

17. I would suggest cucumber slices for those dark circles around the eyes, but I suspect that the elongated vegetable would be just too much temptation and would reverse his progress.

Posted by: sleepy bear | Aug 22, 2011 12:39:16 PM

18. Oh please Mary

Posted by: Robbie K. | Aug 22, 2011 12:46:22 PM

19. He's as gay as the fields of May!

Posted by: Jack M | Aug 22, 2011 1:04:09 PM

20. You know, I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that people can change their behavior and stop having sex with members of the same sex, but you can NOT change who and what you are.

Ex-gay means nothing of the kind. You're either in or you're out. This guy is totally confused.

Posted by: Alan W | Aug 22, 2011 1:10:49 PM

21. I just LOLed so hard.

Posted by: JonBenet | Aug 22, 2011 1:18:06 PM

22. I'm guessing the blog is a good way for him to meet men. So good luck to him and whoever would want that sad, delusional thing. P.S., don't look in his crawl space.

Posted by: Kyle | Aug 22, 2011 1:27:05 PM

23. The gayest word in the world is "superstar".

Posted by: Talisman | Aug 22, 2011 2:02:14 PM

24. He and no one else is "ex-gay". They are still gay but just don't act, or claim not to act, on their natural sexuality.

Posted by: TehGayGeek | Aug 22, 2011 2:16:30 PM

25. if he ain't still gay i will burn dorothy costume.

Posted by: walter | Aug 22, 2011 2:26:58 PM