Drag Queens | Iowa | New York | News | Towleroad Guide to the Tube

BigGayDeal.com

Towleroad Guide to the Tube #945

AMERICA'S DEBT PROBLEM: For dummies.

TAKE THE A TRAIN: Or not.

MADONNA'S GAGA PROBLEM: Part 3.

VALUES VOTERS BUS TOUR: Pathetic attendance at the kick-off for the NOM/FRC bus tour in Des Moines.

For recent Guides to the Tube, click HERE.

Comments

1. That A train was stopped at Broadway Junction in East New York. Not the best area....

Posted by: TyN | Aug 10, 2011 4:51:01 PM

2. I watched the subway fight clip on youtube and didn't realize that was a whole genre. I rode those NYC trains for far too long and am so glad to be gone from there.

Posted by: Dastius Krazitauc | Aug 10, 2011 5:41:46 PM

3. Charlie Hides is genius! If you haven't seen his Madonna/Cher/Liza/Gaga/Barbara Walters/Ke$ha series yet I highly recommend going back to the first one!

His other videos are fun too.

Posted by: sparks | Aug 10, 2011 5:48:53 PM

4. Debit for Dummies is great.

Posted by: JEFFUWS | Aug 10, 2011 7:32:29 PM

5. Fallacy.

Raising taxes for the highest earners DOES NOT exacerbate the recession.

Posted by: Rodney Wollam | Aug 10, 2011 8:32:55 PM

6. that debt video is bull. the us gov't is NOT running out of people to sell bonds too. in fact, bonds are in such high demand right now that the price of them is going UP. core inflation for june 2011 was -0.1%. that's not a typo.

Posted by: Ron | Aug 10, 2011 9:45:55 PM

7. I give an A for effort on these Madonna videos, but I think he could use a better writer. They just aren't that funny.

Posted by: Sam | Aug 10, 2011 9:46:25 PM

8. The debt for dummies video gets it mostly right. But I agree with Rodney's point.

Also, when discussing ways out of the "stagflation," raising taxes and cutting spending are the only options mentioned. Doing one without the other doesn't make sense. More important, the solution is for the Gov to SPEND money -- sending it directly to consumers who can immediately put it back into the economy, and you know, pay their bills (aka the private sector). It's a win-win.

Posted by: Gino | Aug 10, 2011 11:20:33 PM

9. Believe you will love it.

We have good reputation, fashion products,

come here quickly== http://www.happyshopping100.com

Opportunity knocks but once

Posted by: zhonglud | Aug 10, 2011 11:53:54 PM

10. I don't agree that raising taxes on the wealthy would extend the recession. Basically this video said we should all just lay back and get f+ked and there's nothing to do with it?
    ALSO that Madonna/Gaga sh*t isn't funny, let's put it away, girls.

Posted by: MrJ | Aug 10, 2011 11:54:35 PM

11. I can see even the LGBT community isn't safe from the Tea Party line of thinking. It's infectious- and it's getting worse.

Posted by: Rodney Wollam | Aug 11, 2011 12:44:52 AM

12. Deficit for Dummies is bogus and absymally stupid. Here's the real deal: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOP2V_np2c0&feature=player_embedded

Posted by: Bill Perdue | Aug 11, 2011 2:46:02 AM

13. That Debt Crisis for Dummies video is so laden with factual errors that I suspect its actually titled the Debt Crisis by Dummies.

It is facile and beneath the standards of Towleroad. How on Earth can you justify spreading right-wing propaganda? I have never been so angry at a gay blog as I am now. This isn't an economics blog but you do owe your readership honest reporting and the above is nothing but dishonest.

Posted by: Charles Lemos | Aug 11, 2011 3:52:33 AM

14. Wow - could not pay me to live in NYC.

Posted by: Mike | Aug 11, 2011 4:24:11 AM

15. Couldn't pay me to live in NY either, Mike. In DC the Metro Ain't Right, but at least it moves sometimes. WTF subway that does not move?

Posted by: Timothy | Aug 11, 2011 8:32:38 AM

16. The reason it didn't move? It's the A train for one. And the mta is run by a bunch of greedy, lazy goons.

Posted by: TyN | Aug 11, 2011 11:08:25 AM