Automobiles | India | News | Surfing | Towleroad Guide to the Tube

BigGayDeal.com

Towleroad Guide to the Tube #958

TRAIN SURFING IN INDIA: This can't end well.

TEXAS: Car gets a baptism.

EVOS: THe latest concept car from Ford.

RED BULL MINOR THREAT: Surfing with a flare.

For recent Guides to the Tube, click HERE.

Comments

1. Angels on your body? Isn't that how the whole thing started in Sodom?

Posted by: Gus | Aug 31, 2011 4:55:40 PM

2. EVOS Concept car is missing...

Posted by: dctopman | Aug 31, 2011 5:00:37 PM

3. Wow -- could that surf flare guy be any more of an incoherent whiner?

Posted by: buster | Aug 31, 2011 5:16:54 PM

4. The guys on the train are morons but the flare surfing does look kind of cool.

Posted by: jaragon | Aug 31, 2011 5:24:24 PM

5. A little dab will do ya. Can I put some holy oil on me? I'd take all the extra help I can get. LOL!

Posted by: Brian | Aug 31, 2011 5:27:37 PM

6. At least the guys on the train have cool fezzes. I'm sure their next of kin will enjoy them soon.

Posted by: NoSleep4Sam | Aug 31, 2011 6:05:39 PM

7. Weird. For some reason, I always thought Ford was an American company.

Apparently I was wrong...

Posted by: MikeInSanJose | Aug 31, 2011 6:06:45 PM

8. I managed to listen to 3 minutes of that car mumbo jumbo. Hilarious.
    Somebody with a German accent to give it 'high tech' car cred?
    A british sound for the GPS because we like to get bossed around by the English?
    The only thing missing seems to be some kind of sex toy function since the car is now becoming your personal assistant, secretary, spouse, mother, mistress?
    Most importantly, though: can it fly?? I believe we were promised flying cars quite some time ago and they have yet to deliver!

Posted by: hugo | Aug 31, 2011 6:28:24 PM

9. I'd love it if the car anointing believer prayed for warring angels to protect me. I think she's adorable and that she'd be one hell of a fun dinner party guest.

Posted by: David | Aug 31, 2011 6:49:10 PM

10. As much as I hate to sound like a dumb hick, I kinda agree with MIKEINSANJOSE.

Not sure whether Ford was just aiming to sound more sophisticated with the accents, but frankly it'd inspire more confidence in a US brand to hear the advertising without a foreign accent. :)

Posted by: sparks | Aug 31, 2011 6:57:19 PM

11. That car promo is absurd. Why do you need your car to tell your iPad to push your meetings forward an hour? Are they for real?

Posted by: Nuflux | Aug 31, 2011 6:58:37 PM

12. So in the future I can use the excuse of "Sorry I'm late for work, my car let me sleep in"?! I can't decide if that's brilliant subversive humour or nonsensical corporate babble. It's a fine line these days.

@Hugo, German accent, where? I thought that sounded quite the international Indian English accent (= a real insight into the future of technology).

And the 'heart rate monitoring seat' sounds like they're already thinking of the sex toy add on. Though last time I had sex whilst driving it wasn't a terribly safe experience.

Posted by: Paul | Aug 31, 2011 10:09:25 PM

13. That train surfing looks pretty scary, argh..

Posted by: Prahan Matkat | Sep 1, 2011 1:02:32 AM

14. I honestly thought the Christian lady thing was a spoof of some kind... then I realized it was real.

Awwww, I actually kinda love her. She's such a little sweetheart, even if she is totally brainwashed.

Posted by: Paul | Sep 1, 2011 8:56:12 PM