Lady Gaga | Music | News

Watch: Lady Gaga's 'You And I' Video

GagaYouI

The music video for Lady Gaga's new single, 'Yoü and I' was meant to premiere on MTV this Thursday. Thanks to the magic of YouTube, however, the amazingly creepy, beautiful and intricate display is now available online.

Watch it, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Sounds very much like a country western song. I am sure some will want to cover this. Video is bizarre, but that's Gaga!

Posted by: Married in MA | Aug 16, 2011 3:40:20 PM

2. I'm not sure why this song is the next single, but that video is transfixing.

Posted by: Gregoire | Aug 16, 2011 3:48:22 PM

3. FINALLY we get a trademark whacked-out music video from gaga. AMAZING!!

Posted by: Jollysocks | Aug 16, 2011 3:51:07 PM

4. This video just feeds unfair stereotypes of mermaids.

Also, is anyone else reminded of the serial killer from The Cell?

Posted by: NoSleep4Sam | Aug 16, 2011 3:53:10 PM

5. Video is awesome - never cared for the song, but no big deal.

Posted by: Tonic | Aug 16, 2011 3:59:15 PM

6. I really don't like this twangy crap at all... it sounds like something Sugarland would record. (after they stop killing people)

But the video is visually spectacular.

Posted by: nodnarb | Aug 16, 2011 4:03:13 PM

7. Nice location work in my home state.

Posted by: Ronny | Aug 16, 2011 4:04:05 PM

8. The song landed on the country music charts this morning! Who would have imagined Gaga goes country?! Beautiful video!

Posted by: wayne | Aug 16, 2011 4:05:16 PM

9. LOVE the video! I don't understand the hate over this song, though. It's my favorite song on the album.

Posted by: Jay | Aug 16, 2011 4:09:44 PM

10. I too am not a fan of the song. Just feels utterly bland. The video however is anything but. Funny how things turn out.

Posted by: Wes | Aug 16, 2011 4:26:59 PM

11. It's like Marilyn Manson lip syncing to Kenny Chesney

Posted by: Toro Castano | Aug 16, 2011 4:27:33 PM

12. FAB-U-LOUS!

Posted by: MARCUS BACHMANN | Aug 16, 2011 4:28:07 PM

13. Part of the video's genius is that it doesn't seem to immediately be ripping off anybody else's prior work.

Posted by: Gregoire | Aug 16, 2011 4:29:57 PM

14. Loooove it! Such a great song too.

Posted by: andypharmer | Aug 16, 2011 4:31:46 PM

15. shania... circa 2002
    you know, with a little gaga juice spilled on it

Posted by: my2cents | Aug 16, 2011 4:33:43 PM

16. this is so not the type of song that i would normally like but i actually do.
    and this video is definitely 1000 times better than her last one. just as weird as i like/expect her to be.
    and i was also reminded of marilyn manson with this video.

Posted by: Joseph Klock | Aug 16, 2011 4:34:35 PM

17. I think I've seen this video before (cinematography and aesthetically-wise).

It's called "The Beautiful People" by Marilyn Manson.

Posted by: Mow22 | Aug 16, 2011 4:39:01 PM

18. Two new references in this video: Annie Lennox (Eurythmics "Who's That Girl"); Bette Midler's Delores Delago (the actual Delago reference was seen more on stage, as Gaga's mermaid worked the stage in a wheel chair). None of that is criticism, just observation. The Annie Lennox reference is very clear, down to the style of the male drag. Still, I'll root Gaga on, since she uses her platform to advance a dialogue for our community to win our rights...something we may need now more than ever, as we see the Religous Right completely co-opt the Republican Party at such an uncertain time.

Posted by: Mack | Aug 16, 2011 4:39:41 PM

19. Being a huge fan of Marilyn Manson, I can see a lot of his influence, especially since Gaga has stated she is a huge fan of his. Loving this video, its finally a weird over the top Gaga video, unlike the past 3 videos which were kinda bland. Loving the side ass on that guy too! Yum yum!

Posted by: Robert | Aug 16, 2011 4:45:26 PM

20. Mack, you are ridiculous. I had no idea Bette Midler invented mermaids! Thanks for clearing that up. I have heard about the buzz regarding a disabled mermaid and Gaga's use of a similar character but this video is hardly a plagiary of such an idea. She dresses like a mermaid and is in a bathtub... Calm down and enjoy the music, the video and the advocacy.

Posted by: mike27 | Aug 16, 2011 4:48:00 PM

21. http://youtu.be/Ypkv0HeUvTc

Posted by: Karl | Aug 16, 2011 4:52:26 PM

22. She's really branching out and taking a lot of chances on this album. Good for her. I dig it. I saw her sing this song live and it really showcases her singing chops.

Posted by: Brian in Texas | Aug 16, 2011 4:53:57 PM

23. It reminds me of the Tim Burton movie Big Fish, and a sorta Southern Gothic folk story. I like the video a lot, the song too.

Posted by: Thomas | Aug 16, 2011 4:57:31 PM

24. The mermaid in a bathtub is more like Splash than anything Bette Medler ever did. But the video's basic premise of being changed into something else is a fairly common trope that many artists have tackled.

Posted by: nodnarb | Aug 16, 2011 4:59:34 PM

25. The greatest female singer since Maria Callas. Period.

Posted by: Sindy | Aug 16, 2011 5:01:21 PM