Maggie Gallagher | Matt Drudge | News | NOM

BigGayDeal.com

Will Matt Drudge Order Maggie Gallagher to Cease and Desist Her Copycat Website?

Maggiereport

NOM's Maggie Gallagher thinks she's the new Matt Drudge.

(via Good as You)

Comments

1. What, is Margaret branching out to take root somewhere else now that she knows the financial "fat cow" known as NOM is not going to pay her grocery bill forever!

Posted by: Louis | Aug 23, 2011 3:31:01 PM

2. One word: Thunderdome!

Posted by: MT | Aug 23, 2011 3:36:37 PM

3. NOM NOM NOM NOM!!! The sound of Maggie the Hut chomping her way across the internets.

Posted by: JT | Aug 23, 2011 3:43:05 PM

4. She still has nothing to say.

Posted by: Anastasia Beaverhausen | Aug 23, 2011 3:50:42 PM

5. Pathologicals and Prejudice

In The Anatomy of Prejudices Elizabeth Young-Bruehl looks at such "primary prejudices" as sexism, racism, anti-Semitism and homophobia. She argues that they fall into one or another combination of categories: obsessional, hysterical, or narcissistic.

Obsessional (Paranoid) prejudice, by her definition, sees its objects as omnipresent conspirators or enemies set on one's destruction, who therefore must be eliminated.

Hysterical (Histrionic) prejudice interprets the hated individuals as "other, as inferior, and as sexually threatening". Racism is the best example of hysterical prejudice.

Narcissistic prejudice "cannot tolerate the idea that there exist people who are not like them". She argues that homophobia alone fits all these categories, and this might help account for its persistence and prevalence.
    --Vannessa Baird, The No-Nonsense Guide to Sexual Diversity, pg 72

Posted by: I'm Layla Miller I Know Stuff | Aug 23, 2011 3:57:25 PM

6. A line-by-line comparison of the respective CSS files would be... interesting.

Posted by: Jeffrey in St. Louis | Aug 23, 2011 3:57:32 PM

7. First they came for the communists,
    and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
    and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
    and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
    and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Posted by: I'm Layla Miller I Know Stuff | Aug 23, 2011 3:58:03 PM

8. OMG, if you look into Maggie's CSS, you find this:

WP-Drudge handheld stylesheet

She totally ripped it off and was too stupid to even change the embedded comment.

Posted by: Jeffrey in St. Louis | Aug 23, 2011 4:02:42 PM

9. The woman is nothing more than a common thief.

Posted by: OS2Guy | Aug 23, 2011 4:15:41 PM

10. can we not give so much blog time to Maggie Gallagher?

Posted by: Terry | Aug 23, 2011 5:53:41 PM

11. I'd say she's more than Drudge. More than Twice as much, pound for pound. But that would be mean. 100 lbs of crap, 200 lbs of crap, is still crap.

Posted by: Reggie | Aug 23, 2011 6:26:07 PM

12. It's just another conduit to funnel "conservative" financial backing through ad revenue to NOM.

Posted by: BobN | Aug 23, 2011 6:49:12 PM

13. Isn't Drudge a well known closet queen? Maggie is ripping off a homosexual's web site. There must be some irony there somewhere.

Posted by: Bob R | Aug 23, 2011 7:01:04 PM

14. Isn't it about time the IRS took a look at Maggie's "income"? Now that the marriage scare "thing" isn't bring in the bucks like it used to it looks like Maggie is trying something new and fresh (although actually old and stolen). Seems this woman's only objective is filling her own pockets. Sooner or later those clogged arteries have got to bring down the fat cow.

Posted by: Tyron | Aug 24, 2011 10:52:39 AM

15. @JT Too funny! Still laughing!

Posted by: jamal49 | Aug 24, 2011 1:30:11 PM