Barack Obama | Los Angeles | News

BigGayDeal.com

Heckler Calls Obama 'The Antichrist': VIDEO

Anti-christ_obama

President Obama was heckled by a wingnut named David Serrano at a House of Blues fundraiser last night in L.A..

Yelled Serrano:

"The Christian God is one and only true living God! The creator of heaven and the universe! Jesus Christ is God! Jesus Christ is God! Jesus Christ is still our God! Jesus Christ is still God! You are the Antichrist!"

The heckler was identified as David Serrano, the NYDN reports:

Tony Bell, spokesman for Los Angeles County Supervisor Michael Antonovich, says Serrano has been a fixture at county meetings for a couple years, giving long, rambling religious statements predicting earthquakes and the apocalypse.

"He yells out his statements, which are very mistaken, odd interpretations of scriptures," Bell said. "He's been pretty close to being thrown out of our meetings. When he calls Supervisor Antonovich 'Mikey,' it's very vitriolic. He's not a pleasant guy. He talks about Jews in his diatribes and seems very anti-Semitic. I don't have the impression he's dangerous, but he has issues that could use some help.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I think Obama was freaked that the jacket was a bomb.

Posted by: Andrew | Sep 27, 2011 10:55:58 AM

2. Suggesting the man needs professional help, immediately, would be an understatement.

Bazaar!

Posted by: mytwocents | Sep 27, 2011 10:56:52 AM

3. "First of all, I agree that Jesus Christ is the lord" -- the fact that a president has to state his religious views even to respond to a nutjob like this one is utterly discouraging.

Posted by: topher | Sep 27, 2011 10:58:54 AM

4. The crowd knew what to do. Too bad Obama had to pander to a nut job.

Yeah, yeah we know you're a nice guy -- next time just ignore the crazies.

Posted by: Versatile Opportunist? | Sep 27, 2011 11:07:01 AM

5. and yet he still panders to these wackos. Why???

Posted by: gaylib | Sep 27, 2011 11:31:53 AM

6. This is a story why? A mentally unstable man heckles a politician is a story why?

There are mentally unstable religious people, mentally unstable environmentalists, mentally unstable gay activists, mentally unstable conservatives, mentally unstable 'progressives', etc. There are also TROLLS and SHILLS of all the above.

Nothing to see here.

Posted by: ratbastard | Sep 27, 2011 11:35:54 AM

7. Why does he feel compelled to respond to this at all?

Posted by: E. | Sep 27, 2011 11:41:37 AM

8. Bible-believing Xtians are antithetical to democracy and the ideals of the American Revolution. Rational gay, bi and straight people are all beginning to realize this. Don't feel sorry for these fundie Xtians because of the contempt they attract. They are an alien people in our midst.

Posted by: Artie | Sep 27, 2011 11:44:08 AM

9. I think he responded to that very well! "Kill them with kindness."

Posted by: Ben | Sep 27, 2011 11:50:46 AM

10. I don't think the President was "pandering". It's a common way to calm a deranged person down. Agree with them. Then hope they get taken away--FAST.

Posted by: jamal49 | Sep 27, 2011 11:51:48 AM

11. Xians are so weird. according to their mythology, the anti-X appearance on earth is a sign that the rapture is near and that's when they'll all be sucked up by that giant Dyson in the sky and into eternal bliss. then jeebus will come back and battle and destroy said anti-X in the battle of armageddon. so why the pissy attitude? it's a win-win for them and they're all jacked up about it like it's the end of the world. guess what? it's the exact end of the world that they have been waiting and praying for. go figure.

Posted by: david | Sep 27, 2011 12:03:26 PM

12. "I don't have the impression he's dangerous, but he has issues that could use some help."

If I'm not mistaken Jared Loughner wasn't considered dangerous until he killed 6 people and injured 14 others.

Posted by: Scott C | Sep 27, 2011 12:50:51 PM

13. I would hardly call that 'pandering'. I'm sure the first black president of all people has been well versed on how to handle a wackjob heckler/potential assassin.

Posted by: Gregoire | Sep 27, 2011 1:20:33 PM

14. Sounds like someone who would have a bomb.

Posted by: Damien | Sep 27, 2011 3:17:45 PM

15. ...and everyone wonders why he hasn't been able to get a ton done in his first term. That heckler represents a good chunk of the House Of Representatives today.

The right will never admit they find this man legitimate, they hate him as president for non-economic reasons, though they have no problem putting bush's mess in his name. They will continue their bitter rampage even if it means more people get thrown out of work and the economy worsens for millions.

Posted by: Redebbm | Sep 27, 2011 4:46:17 PM

16. Anti-Christ. yeah me too. Anti-Christ means you must have a loving heart and be out for the other guy instead of your self.

The so called Christians and turned the name of Jesus into Hate and the name of Satan into tolerance.

Posted by: Art Voigt | Sep 27, 2011 9:40:05 PM

17. I find this heckler far less offensive than the morally and intellectually degenerate pundits on Faux News, like Meggan Kelly who defended the a-holes who booed a gay soldier at the last GOP debate. If Ms. Kelly had even the most basic sense of decency, she would have scolded these anti-gay bigots for their juvenile behavior. She should also have chided the candidates for spinelessly ignoring the rude behavior.

I lived in another country, 7000 miles away from the U. S. for five years, yet as soon as I stepped off the plane at LAX I felt I had come home at last. Although I found much to admire in that country and her people, I never even considered returning there. I am not so sure I would feel the same way today. I am, right now, very pessimistic about our future because of the current political climate.

Posted by: Jay | Sep 28, 2011 1:38:16 AM

18. EDUCATION POINT HERE PEOPLE....BLACK PEOPLE CANNOT BE "ANIT-SEMETIC"....SEMITE MEANS "BLACK AND MIXED BLACK":!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JESUS ( REAL NAME YESHUA) SPOKE ARAMAIC......AND ETHIOPIAN LANGUAGE!!!!! LOOK IT UP!!!!! BE EDUCATED....

Posted by: Shannon | Sep 28, 2011 7:25:33 PM