Chaz Bono | Cher | Dancing with the Stars | Ellen DeGeneres | News | Transgender

Cher Rips Chaz 'DWTS' Haters in Surprise Call to 'Ellen': VIDEO

Chaz_ellen

Chaz Bono appears on Ellen today to talk about the upcoming Dancing with the Stars competition, and Cher calls in to the show to tell the haters to back off.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Well isn't this ironic. Ellen is certainly a forgiving sort to allow this person on her show.

Posted by: Karl | Sep 14, 2011 11:43:08 AM

2. Love the way Cher has been sticking up for Chaz on twitter.

Posted by: Tom | Sep 14, 2011 11:45:25 AM

3. Awesome! They're all A.W.E.S.O.M.E.!!!!! Ellen, Chaz and Cher!

Posted by: Mike | Sep 14, 2011 11:49:34 AM

4. totally awesome!!! This is the most awesome thing ever!!! Ellen and Cher on the same stage taking about a fat woman wanting to dance on tv! Does it get any better than this? I think not. This is the best. Keep good stuff like this coming :-)

Posted by: Lisa G | Sep 14, 2011 11:56:10 AM

5. @Karl: Well, it's only been like 15 years, and Chaz said he was taken out of context anyway, so... Either way, it's great to see these 2 together.

Posted by: tobal | Sep 14, 2011 12:05:54 PM

6. I have no idea what you guys are talking about. I don't follow lesbian culture.

Posted by: nodnarb | Sep 14, 2011 12:10:27 PM

7. @Lisa G - Let it go. This isn't about "a fat woman wanting to dance on tv." It's about a trangendered man wanting to be treated like a person, reagardless of what stupid show he agrees to be on. The issue is still people thinking "I wouldn't do that" means - "that's wrong, that's disgusting, we must not allow the difference." It IS a gay rights issue, the point is to argue back, yeah, we're different - so what?

Posted by: Rob | Sep 14, 2011 12:13:27 PM

8. @ Lisa G, I feel sorry for you. I hope you get through everything that makes you bitter and sarcastic and come out a better person. love

Posted by: sean | Sep 14, 2011 12:32:03 PM

9. Can't wait to watch, this will be the first time i'm even interested in watching this show!

Posted by: marc | Sep 14, 2011 12:37:19 PM

10. @ Lisa G: You're hideous.

I LOVE Cher. She's such a genuine spirit. More support for Chaz.

Posted by: mike128 | Sep 14, 2011 12:45:31 PM

11. I have watched this 10 Times. Cher is Amazing and seeing a mother take up for their LGBTQ child is inspiring. I hope she can reach some of these Disciples of Hate.

Posted by: Hollywood, CA | Sep 14, 2011 12:49:08 PM

12. Nobody seems to be able take a little good humored snark. Its a fat woman wanting to dance on tv, not Rosa Parks moving to the back of the bus. Lighten up people! I feel sorry for you that everything is defcon 5.

Posted by: Lisa G | Sep 14, 2011 12:53:08 PM

13. Chaz is not a fat woman. He is a man.

Posted by: Robert | Sep 14, 2011 1:10:36 PM

14. Lisa G you are being inappropriate.

Posted by: Jeff | Sep 14, 2011 1:10:48 PM

15. Crazy is as crazy does. Why engage the troll? Although some of you might want to pay attention to the fact that a raving idiot resorts to using "fat" as the ultimate insult, which is the same kindergarten-level taunt I see here frequently from supposedly sane gay men.

Cher was right that there are people with too much time on their useless hands and lots of hate in their empty heads and they won't change because they're damaged beyond repair. They hate the fact that we're having a better time than they are. Sucks to be them.

Posted by: justme | Sep 14, 2011 1:20:37 PM

16. Chaz Bono is no more a man than the "pregnant man" was. That sideshow blew over and this one will too. She sure doesn't look like a man when she dances. She looks like the fat woman she is.

Posted by: BBQ | Sep 14, 2011 1:30:07 PM

17. oh, i forgot to check my Ms. Manners for how to "appropriately" comment on a fat woman talking about dancing on tv. And yes, no matter how you slice it (literally) she is still a woman.

Posted by: Lisa G | Sep 14, 2011 1:30:47 PM

18. Looking forward to watching this show. I never watched it in the past. I never cared before...I probably won't care now either. I'll just watch it for Chaz. He should run for office like his dad. Seems a natural at it.

Posted by: Tracee | Sep 14, 2011 1:41:58 PM

19. Lisa...you're way out of your element. Why don't you move your nasty ass out of here?
    Personally, when there's nobody around that likes me...I figure it must be something I'm doing. That would be you.
    If you understood even the basics about sexual identity...it would be about how we "self-identify". You do read, yes?
    Now, get the f out of here.

Posted by: Paul | Sep 14, 2011 1:48:04 PM

20. @ Lisa G and BBQ-- clearly you got your Troll marching orders from the creepy American Family Association, Rush Limbaugh and NOM. Crawl back into your disgusting Right Wing Hate Cave and take your fat jokes and juvenille remarks with you. Chaz is a courageous, inspiring and amazing transgender individual who is now a man. Get over it. Don't watch the show. Go on with your pitiful hate-filled life.

Posted by: iawl | Sep 14, 2011 1:55:11 PM

21. oh Paul, you are soo right. I am totally out of my element with intellectual titans like you. What is my problem? I mean, if you dont like what I am saying, then of course I should stop typing and just "get the f-out". The one that appointed you to the word Gestapo did a great job. And thank you for the lesson on "self-identification", if you think hard enough then it must be true. Like clapping to bring fairies back to life :-)

Posted by: Lisa G | Sep 14, 2011 1:59:18 PM

22. Oh Lisa G, you're just SUCH an intellect. We're all just SO glad that you decided to come over to Tlrd so that we could see that you can type over and over and over again your funny funny joke about "a fat woman on DWTS". What are you, 12? Mentally challenged? Or just plain stupid? I'd like to think that you're just ignorant, that your trailer trash parents didn't raise you properly, but that's probably an understatement. If you need to come on a gay website and bash a trans man to feel better, well then you're just PATHETIC. How sad to be you, and to have such a tiny tiny little mind.

See You Next Tuesday!

Posted by: wtf | Sep 14, 2011 2:10:24 PM

23. I do enjoy the irony of bashing me for making the very obvious observation that Chaz is an overweight woman, no other commentary, and suddenly I am retarded and have trailer trash parents. Using the mentally handicapped, the economically impoverished and those with less education as hate slurs is even more PATHETIC of you. Shame.

Posted by: Lisa G | Sep 14, 2011 2:18:05 PM

24. LISA G, There is nothing ironic about stupidity and a lack of compassion masquerading as wit when it is used to bash anyone. Such behavior demeans us all, both as the participants and observers. As a friend in Texas says, "Never wrestle with a pig, 'cause you both get dirty and the pig likes it". Chaz's mom is right, the people who don't understand what Chaz is and has gone through won't get it and are too deeply invested in their ignorance to find their own compassion.

Posted by: JET | Sep 14, 2011 2:54:44 PM

25. Lisa...could you briefly explain to me what brings you to this website & comments forum?
    I'm guessing you're not a member, nor supportive of the LGBT community...so why are you here?

Posted by: Paul | Sep 14, 2011 3:10:41 PM