Madonna | News

BigGayDeal.com

Madonna Releases Silent Film About Hydrangea Controversy: VIDEO

Hydrangea_madonna

Madonnaphile Matt Rettenmund at Boy Culture points us to this just-released silent film from Madonna commenting on the hydrangea episode.

As you may recall, a video last week went viral after Madonna was caught on a mic at the Venice Film Festival expressing her disgust for hydrangeas moments after she was presented them by a fan.

An instant classic.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. It would have been better just to let things be. She had the right to make a face when she received the hydrangea, because it seemed a little creepy to me. (And that was only due to the "fan" chasing her down later to ask where her hydrangea was.)

Posted by: Angela Channing | Sep 12, 2011 12:57:52 PM

2. Yawn!

Posted by: Paulo | Sep 12, 2011 12:58:01 PM

3. Yes. Always remember: When you come for the queen, you had better be ready to kill her.

Posted by: BRENDA | Sep 12, 2011 12:58:57 PM

4. I thought this was going to be a funny, crazy over-the-top apology to her fan... but nope, she's just a b*tch.

Posted by: Nate | Sep 12, 2011 12:58:59 PM

5. I think maybe Madonna misses the point...nobody thought her dislike of hydrangeas was rude, lol. She's so far out of touch with reality, she doesn't realize the criticism was about being so inconsiderate to a fan.

Well, at least some artists - like Gaga and Tori Amos - know how to treat the people who support them.

Posted by: jj | Sep 12, 2011 1:02:09 PM

6. @Nate: Yup. My thoughts exactly.

Posted by: Really? | Sep 12, 2011 1:02:13 PM

7. This is just lovely, glad to see her having some fun with the situation

Posted by: John | Sep 12, 2011 1:02:59 PM

8. Seriously queens? God forbid Madge make a little bit of fun of an absolutely RIDICULOUS situation.

The fact that the story was even picked up by the news cycle in the first place is hysterical so it's nice to see M being in on the joke.

Posted by: Christopher | Sep 12, 2011 1:16:20 PM

9. OK until she stomped on them!

Posted by: Jack M | Sep 12, 2011 1:22:08 PM

10. I don't know why I was thinking this but when I was watching this about half way through I envisioned Charlie Chaplin's little tramp character walking in the front of her and ruining the take.

Posted by: Matthew | Sep 12, 2011 1:28:32 PM

11. no hydrangeas = no wire hangers

Posted by: my2cents | Sep 12, 2011 1:30:32 PM

12. Is her career in the dumps so bad that she make this crap to get a little attention?

Posted by: Mark | Sep 12, 2011 1:34:21 PM

13. @MY2CENTS:

You are wrong. Hydrangeas = W.E.

Posted by: Gus | Sep 12, 2011 1:43:01 PM

14. The fact that she's a b*tch is what I like about her.

Posted by: nodnarb | Sep 12, 2011 1:47:33 PM

15. Though I think Vadge lacks the depth and the warmth if you catch my drift, this little sepia vignette is a vast improvement upon any of her conventional roles (or direction for that matter). And for all the Gaga haters, the video for Bad Romance alone exceeds the collective creatity of ALL Madonna videos combined. Face it, Gaga may copy, interpt and recycle many artisits BUT she's done it better thab Vadge. Plus she's gracious.

Posted by: TADPOLICUS WEX | Sep 12, 2011 1:49:40 PM

16. GLYCERIN! I NEED MORE GLYCERIN!!!!

(Someone make my day, and tell me you get that)

Posted by: MT | Sep 12, 2011 1:50:32 PM

17. I still love Gaga more even though I may have cut my teeth with Madonna.

Posted by: Chris | Sep 12, 2011 2:17:33 PM

18. @ Mark Is her career in the dumps so bad that she make this crap to get a little attention?

LMFAO

F'ing seriously?

Are you a bitter Mariah Scarey fan or something?

Posted by: James | Sep 12, 2011 2:20:06 PM

19. ok, really? who doesn't love this?

this is the madonna i fell in love with and i'm wagering, that you fell in love with too. She hasn't been this much fun in a decade! More please! If hydrangea fan isn't somewhat warmed by this classically Madonna-esqe response, than picking the wrong bouquet is just the beginning of how little he understands her.

Posted by: breathe people.... | Sep 12, 2011 2:21:17 PM

20. She's just a mean old lady now.

Posted by: Perry | Sep 12, 2011 2:49:05 PM

21. I thought it was pretty funny, actually. And she should do more silent work. It becomes her vocal abilities.

Posted by: dws | Sep 12, 2011 3:00:05 PM

22. Dumb.

Posted by: Ted | Sep 12, 2011 3:00:56 PM

23. Hilarious! And ps... it wasn't a fan who gave the flowers to her. It was a reporter who was not supposed to approach the table at the press conference. To make matters worse, this creepy reporter chased her down after the press conference. Long live the queen. Only Madonna would be this creative and funny.

Posted by: dc | Sep 12, 2011 3:07:17 PM

24. I still don't get this "controversy." She was never rude to the fan. If you watch the original video, she actually politely thanks him. She only then, and privately, tells others she hates hydraneas or whatever they are called. Sorry, all of us have received gifts we don't like, and privately told others we didn't like it (or, more likely, returned it!) Further, celebrities receive thousands of gifts from fans -- the odds are many are going to be items the celebrity in question wouldn't like.

Posted by: peter | Sep 12, 2011 3:11:06 PM

25. @MT "I'm your mother, brother, sister, lover, daughter, auntie, uncle grandma, grandpa, little baby Jesus!"

Posted by: MarcusJC | Sep 12, 2011 3:35:21 PM