News | Ryan Murphy | Television

BigGayDeal.com

The First Five Minutes of 'American Horror Story': VIDEO

Ahs

Glee creators Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk present their new TV series American Horror Story on Wednesday and while some of you may think that Glee has turned into a horror story this season, there are no Lea Michele or Darren Criss show tune numbers in Murphy's new serial.

Promos for the new show have been pretty hard to avoid and have focused on stars Dylan McDermott, Connie Britton, Taissa Farmiga, Jessica Lange and Frances Conroy.

Now, the first five minutes of the show have been released, and while it doesn't feature any of those stars, it does feature a set of twin bully redheads getting their comeuppance.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. WOW!

Posted by: Frank | Oct 3, 2011 11:24:21 AM

2. I was too distracted to be scared. I kept thinking how awesome that house would be if a gay couple bought it and started renovating it...

Posted by: Brian | Oct 3, 2011 11:34:55 AM

3. who would have thunk it - dorky redheads with braces..playing the bullies.....

Posted by: Gay American | Oct 3, 2011 11:46:40 AM

4. I kept thinking... yeah, right. Ginger twins with braces and THEY are the bullies. The writer doesn't know much about types!

Posted by: Lynda | Oct 3, 2011 11:51:45 AM

5. SO. EXCITED.

Posted by: C.J. | Oct 3, 2011 12:07:27 PM

6. PANTY. FART.

Posted by: MARCUS BACHMANN | Oct 3, 2011 12:15:07 PM

7. good call brian, that's exactly what happens....
    i just kept thinking that no kids were saying 'awesome' in 1978...

Posted by: scooterzz | Oct 3, 2011 12:19:13 PM

8. Well, looks very interesting and already better than Glee, which I think is horrible.
    @Lynda, the point is to make people we don't see as bullies to bully.

Posted by: Matt26 | Oct 3, 2011 12:21:14 PM

9. The bully in A Christmas Story also was a ginger with braces. And so was a guy I was in HS with in the 90s.

Posted by: Joey Y | Oct 3, 2011 12:53:47 PM

10. Redheads have always been nothing but trouble!

Posted by: oliver | Oct 3, 2011 12:56:48 PM

11. I'll be tuning in. I really like a good horror movie. And those two punks deserve their fate for smashing those beautiful, colorful lead glass windows and clay tiles. Barbarians.

Posted by: Bob R | Oct 3, 2011 1:00:10 PM

12. Brian-hilarious. I was thinking the same thing!

Posted by: Joe | Oct 3, 2011 1:05:14 PM

13. It will be so nice to have Jessica Lange on a weekly basis.

Posted by: stephen | Oct 3, 2011 1:27:44 PM

14. A mash-up of GLEE & HORROR STORY....now THAT would be a hit show!

Posted by: JONNY NYNY2FLFL | Oct 3, 2011 1:48:41 PM

15. How many clichés can you cram into 4:53? I can't count fast enough to tell.

Entertainment isn't so much written as aggregated from an encyclopedia of tropes. If there are human beings involved in the process, it's only because they're still cheaper than software.

It isn't the bullies I want to see eviscerated; it's the producers of this dreck. The morons who watch it are also on the list.

Posted by: Bryan | Oct 3, 2011 1:58:58 PM

16. Jessica Lange is reason enough to watch.

Posted by: Donald | Oct 3, 2011 3:02:55 PM

17. That was so amateurish it is pitiful. It didn’t give me the least… feeling, let alone fear. If anything, it was childish. But hey, maybe it is destined to children. That I didn’t take account about.

Posted by: Lexxvs | Oct 3, 2011 4:24:22 PM

18. That was creepily effective tease...

Posted by: jaragon | Oct 3, 2011 5:46:06 PM

19. Very Stephen King...I liked it....sometimes the best horror stories are the old tried and true, haunted houses are my favorite. Throw in 1950's rock ballads, Dylan McDermott and somebody in a french maid's outfit ....count me in!

Posted by: TJF | Oct 3, 2011 6:47:47 PM

20. It didn't scare me, but I just thought what a gorgeous house and yard!!!

Posted by: nikko | Oct 4, 2011 2:17:43 AM

21. How to write a horror pilot checklist:

Twins motif from "The Shining" - check

Eerie David Lynch-esque child in surreal coloured dress - check

Abandoned Edwardian mansion a la "The Haunting" - check

Ironic bully comeuppance from "It" - check

Pickled fetuses borrowed from David Cronenberg - check

Pale faced basement dweller (see Cesare, "The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari") - check

Posted by: More dreck! | Oct 4, 2011 7:38:31 PM

22. I think it's cool that they're hiring a down's syndrome child as an actor, but otherwise i have to say that bryan pretty much nailed it

Posted by: entrepoid | Oct 5, 2011 3:51:56 AM

23. I wasn’t sure if I was going to like the show, but honestly, I love it. I’ve been raving about it to all of my friends and family but I do feel bad for DIRECTV customers because they can’t watch it due to the FOX negotiations. I know exactly how they feel because I was a DISH Network customer and employee around the same time last year it was rough. I know that DISH fought to keep the lowest prices in the industry and luckily, DISH and FOX were able to come to a long term agreement so I can keep all of my favorite channels and not even pay an arm and a leg for them. I do recommend that people switch to DISH now because this show is not worth losing!

Posted by: Brooklyn | Oct 26, 2011 1:34:14 PM

24. What Are The Names Of Those Two Gingerss ?

Posted by: itzzbarbiee | Nov 23, 2011 4:35:08 PM