Ann Coulter | GOProud | News | Reality TV

Did an 'A-List Dallas' Actor Taylor Garrett Fake an Attack Against Him by 'Anti-Republican' Gays?

Alistrock

Late last week, Taylor Garrett, a reality show participant in LOGO's A-List: Dallas, tweeted a photo of a rock with a note on it and claimed that he was the victim of an anti-GOP attack by someone defending the gay community.

The tweet, since deleted, came following LOGO's decision to feature Republican pundit Ann Coulter in a guest spot on the show.

LOGO's NewNowNext wrote, of her participation:

Garrett Politics aside, kind of, Coulter joined some of her fave boys, specifically Dallas cast member Taylor Garrett and Jimmy LaSalvia of GOProud, for a late lunch, and some reality show filming, in LA yesterday. It is unsure when Coulter’s episode as a Logo guest star will end up airing, but there is no doubt there will be some rumblings and controversy as a result.

Blogger Joe Jervis wasn't convinced that Garrett's tweet and claim passed the smell test and noted that LOGO executive producer John Hill shortly thereafter tweeted congratulations to Garrett for "making headlines" with his claim.

Jervis adds:

When I questioned Hill as to whether he'd played a role in the stunt, his tweet to Garrett was instantly deleted.

Neither Hill nor Logo have yet responded to my questions. I understand all too well that gay people are not above the depths of scumbaggery typically associated with producing reality television, but a false hate crime claim is truly beyond the pale. At the very least, Logo and the show's producers should address what some are (hopefully wrongly) thinking.

As you may recall, GOProud's LaSalvia claimed to be the victim of an anti-gay hate crime last July, though his claims lost much of their credibility when he began using them to push GOProud's pro-gun, anti-LGBT hate crime legislation agenda.

An online petition objecting to LOGO's decision to give airtime to Coulter has 1,168 signatures as of this posting.

Comments

1. This reeks. I don't believe his story. If it's true, he has to at least acknowledge why it sounds ridiculous (and looks ridiculous, look at that note).

LOGO and John Hill should have the guts to address this. If they think this guy was truly the victim of this kind of attack, they need to step up and stand behind him and they all need to push for a police investigation.

But something tells me he will hide being "oh, I'm not a liberal VICTIM-minded person, I won't report it."

If this is fake or if it is left like this with no back-up and therefore seems fake, I don't see how this show or network can be supported. It's supposed to be for the gay community (yes, including right-wing gays), but condoning or dismissing a potentially fake hate crime report is really inexcusable.

Posted by: Matthew Rettenmund | Oct 10, 2011 2:48:34 PM

2. I'm glad I turned off my cable TV two years ago, especially if this is what has become of LOGO. Sad.

Posted by: thunderboltfan | Oct 10, 2011 2:51:58 PM

3. Absolutely none of this surprises me.

GOProud is nauseating.
    BOYCOTT Logo.
    BRAVO Joe.

Posted by: Lio | Oct 10, 2011 2:52:38 PM

4. If you watch A-List Dallas - you're part of the problem.

NO EXCUSES.

boycott.

Posted by: truthiness | Oct 10, 2011 2:55:06 PM

5. How bout a link to the petition?

Posted by: Robert | Oct 10, 2011 2:57:43 PM

6. A-List Dallas = don't care.

This gay Republican fellow with too much dippity-doo in his hair = don't care.

Ann Coulter = really don't care.

This amounts to Never See TV.

Posted by: Bart | Oct 10, 2011 3:02:47 PM

7. Every one of these pigs ("A"-List New York included) needs to jump off a bridge.

Sad, vapid, moisturized, fake-tanned ghouls all.

Go f**k yourselves, whores. And that goes for every other idiotic "gay bestie" on "reality" television these days.

Posted by: TPOWW | Oct 10, 2011 3:03:56 PM

8. I think we should collectively agree to boycott drivel like this. Like others here, I'm glad I no longer have cable.

Posted by: Jesse | Oct 10, 2011 3:05:50 PM

9. Is the worst thing this alleged vandal could think to call him really "twink"? And way to use proper branding for the show on your "hate crime". Very considerate.

Posted by: Ben Weldon | Oct 10, 2011 3:07:52 PM

10. Second Rob's comment, is there a link to this petition? I would gladly sign and I don't watch that crap show.

Posted by: Christian | Oct 10, 2011 3:14:58 PM

11. I would sign the petition, if there was a link, even though there wouldn't be much point.

Posted by: Critifur | Oct 10, 2011 3:16:17 PM

12. LOGO simply cannot claim to be pro LGBT when they put this sort of crap on there channel. I don't care how many positive programs they put on, if they think this is OK they are so wrong.

Just like the far right will not invite GOPride to any of their events. Giving Ann Coulter a platform on a so called "gay" channel is unacceptable!

I will never watch LOGO again.

Posted by: Steve Pardue | Oct 10, 2011 3:17:22 PM

13. I agree with Matthew. JeffR

Posted by: Jeff R | Oct 10, 2011 3:18:19 PM

14. TPOWW's cmnt hit it right on the head.

Also, I sort of agree with the note, real or not.

Posted by: Moses | Oct 10, 2011 3:19:28 PM

15. I hope this is not fake...

Posted by: Hollywood, CA | Oct 10, 2011 3:23:05 PM

16. OF CORS it is as fake as all the "problems" in the A list New York.

Posted by: Roberto | Oct 10, 2011 3:24:06 PM

17. There's no way that note, as pictured, went through a glass window. Not only is the note not torn or cut in the slightest, it's not even wrinkled. (And that is-- according to Taylor Garrett-- a picture of the actual, supposed note). Either it's printed on paper with Superman-like qualities of invulnerability, or LOGO is complicit in faking a hate crime.

I truly hope no-one watches The A-List: Dallas, and I hope people will let the show's sponsors know that even as sleazy as reality shows can be, faking a hate crime for publicity is (as Joe puts it) way, way "beyond the pale."

Posted by: bobbyjoe | Oct 10, 2011 3:25:29 PM

18. his picture screams "Look Mommy and Daddy! I'm so not like those other leftist gays, I even posed with Ann Coulter! Now can I sit at the table with you guys at Christmas?"

Pathetic little wimps, you gay republicans. Your parents dont' love you or accept you, they tolerate you on the grounds that you cut off your balls as an offering.

You literally are a perfect example of what a homophobic culture can reduce someone to.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Oct 10, 2011 3:30:23 PM

19. well, in fairness, his description of himself is pretty accuarate. embarrassment? check. pathetic? check. attention whore? check. Have 15 minutes passed yet?

Posted by: gaylib | Oct 10, 2011 3:39:24 PM

20. I know a gay guys life should revolve around being gay, but how can a gay person support the Republican party with everything they stand for on gay issues? It's not like they're that better on other issues either.

Posted by: Bryan | Oct 10, 2011 3:45:31 PM

21. Barf.

Posted by: Yes | Oct 10, 2011 3:46:55 PM

22. Here's the petition link:

Posted by: TPOWW | Oct 10, 2011 3:49:35 PM

23. and of course this story is as patently false as Jimmy LaSalvia's lie about "being attacked by a bunch of BLACK YOUTHS whom he scared away by pretending to reach for a GUN."

If these cowardly gay white republican wimps spent as much time promoting LGBT Equality in the GOP as they do making up fake stories about "liberals bashing them" then progress might be made.

Garrett is lying, LaSalvia was lying, and it's all because they need to convince themselves that liberals at the enemy - that way they can convince themselves that their families actually love them and accept. Too bad they don't, eh?

Listening to gays complain about Liberals is like listening to Anne Frank complain about attics.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Oct 10, 2011 4:01:47 PM

24. ive been looking forward to the premiere of a-list dallas for some time now

[ducking..]

Posted by: gomez | Oct 10, 2011 4:04:48 PM

25. And they met and filmed Coulter in LA because most places in Dallas have banned them from filming here.

Posted by: Wayne | Oct 10, 2011 4:04:49 PM