California | Education | News | SB48

Group Working to Repeal California's LGBT History Bill Says 'It is Doubtful' They Will Get Enough Signatures

Sb48 In an email blast today, the group working to repeal California's recently-passed Fair Education Act (aka the LGBT History Bill) which mandates school curriculums teach about gay history and important gay people, says it looks unlikely they will collect enough signatures to get the repeal measure on the ballot:

"The News is Not Good ... it is doubtful we will get the number of signatures we need to qualify. Unfortunately the last several deliveries of mail have not been what was expected and a large number of petitions have been pulled out because of errors. From all appearances, we would need a miracle to qualify this referendum."

Sounds like good news to me!

Anti-gay activists had been using child molestation at various stands around the state in order to scare people in signing their petitions.

Comments

1. Anyone who believes even a single word that these scumbags say is a fool. Don't trust them, even when you want to believe what they say is true. Wait for the official word that they didn't collect enough signatures, then celebrate. This sounds like one of their gloom and doom last minute push tactics to me.

Posted by: TampaZeke | Oct 11, 2011 11:41:27 AM

2. Be wary of their tricks. These people lie the same as breathing.

Posted by: ynot | Oct 11, 2011 11:49:50 AM

3. They say they'll need a miracle... And tomorrow god will "give" them one.

Christians lie. This means they probably have more than they need.

Posted by: Jasunmark | Oct 11, 2011 12:03:50 PM

4. Perhaps I have Prop 8 ptsd paranoia, but I do not trust them and am concerned that they want us to make a big deal about this before its "official" to motivate their drones in a last ditch effort that may not even be a last ditch effort. They lie all the time. People may have petitions they have not turned in yet as well. I know I am being paranoid but I hope we do not get too excited about this and help them. Their website says they have until noon tomorrow.

Posted by: Laura Kanter | Oct 11, 2011 1:06:00 PM

5. Clearly a get out the vote tactic. I'm sure they'll have the required signatures. Fear is a powerful motivator.

Posted by: dms | Oct 11, 2011 2:27:21 PM

6. I don't know -- if I were doing it as a scare tactic to "get out the vote" I'd say "it looks like it's going to come down to the wire and we need every signature we can get." Saying it would take a miracle would discourage a lot of people.

Posted by: MDK | Oct 11, 2011 3:17:57 PM

7. On another note -- I'm not sure this bill was a good idea in the first place. It kind of hands the anti-gay marriage crowd a loaded weapon. They can point to California and say "Look -- they are teaching homosexual lifestyle in school now! Be afraid!!" I mean, I think the concept is great, but I think we should win the marriage battle first.

Posted by: MDK | Oct 11, 2011 3:20:19 PM