News | Ryan Gosling

Ryan Gosling: 'I'm a Pretty Weird-Looking Guy'

Shirtless_gosling

“I’m not that good looking. I think I’m a pretty weird-looking guy. Every role I got up until ‘The Notebook’ [in 2004] was the weirdo, freak, psychopath, nerd, outsider character guy. I think things have changed." — Ryan Gosling to the Chicago Sun Times.

Comments

1. Shut up.

Posted by: Jack M | Oct 4, 2011 1:00:42 PM

2. Yeah, things have changed alright. Gosling is one of the few actors who have charmed me enough with his talent and hotness that I want to see everything he's in. I missed Crazy Stupid Love, but will rent the DVD, and am hell-bent on seeing Drive while it's still in theaters. He is teh awesome. And - - yeah, he gives me a bad case of the vapors!

Posted by: Zlick | Oct 4, 2011 1:01:50 PM

3. I agree. Ryan's face is average. Nice tits though!

Posted by: MARCUS BACHMANN | Oct 4, 2011 1:03:16 PM

4. The only movie actor who turns my crank. Full stop. Body is perfect, face is handsome/interesting (as opposed to Ken doll). Guy is brooding silent perfection in Drive. Can't bring myself to watch Crazy Stupid Love because my head will explode if I see him faux-naked in that locker room.

Love him.

Posted by: Dan | Oct 4, 2011 1:05:52 PM

5. All guys should be so weird looking. *sigh*

Posted by: RonDenver | Oct 4, 2011 1:20:08 PM

6. Er, but he isn't good looking. Compare him to people who are physically good looking like Matt Bomer to Johnny Depp and he isn't a patch on them. Fact.

But in terms of attraction? Well that is a whole different ball game.

Posted by: Rowan | Oct 4, 2011 1:33:25 PM

7. Amazing what gym, grooming, and a tan can do for a guy... gays discovered this decades ago.

Posted by: metroptomist | Oct 4, 2011 1:37:24 PM

8. RYAN GOSLING: 'I'M A PRETTY WEIRD-LOOKING GUY' We should all be so weird-looking.
    Next to Depp he's currently the most daring Actor. Check out "All Good Things" and "The Believer". He has a natural charm and appeal.

Posted by: Rob West | Oct 4, 2011 1:43:34 PM

9. Pretty nice looking, I would say.
    Weird, but I've seen his pics everywhere, but none of his movies.

Posted by: Matt26 | Oct 4, 2011 1:45:36 PM

10. He's Babe-a-licious, but happily not narcissistic.

He's also extremely professional and exceptionally nice.

Altogther he's my favorite Mouseketeer!

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Oct 4, 2011 1:47:41 PM

11. If that's weird looking, I'll take it! Actually, I like guys with quirky features, but he seems sort of normal-sexy, not quirky-sexy.

Posted by: Kevin_BGFH | Oct 4, 2011 1:51:37 PM

12. lol he IS weird looking, especially in person. But he's an exceptionally nice person and he has a BANGING body. (which is where all that "mysterious" sex appeal comes from DUH) anyway. He's an ok actor - at least he takes risks!

Posted by: wtf | Oct 4, 2011 1:57:08 PM

13. I am weird looking too! Two weirdos make a really hot team!
    Lets go do "weird" things, Ryan Buddy! Hurry!

Posted by: Tim | Oct 4, 2011 2:02:11 PM

14. It sounds like he was the gawky, geeky outsider at high school and college. He was the guy who couldn't get a date on Saturday night. He hasn't quite accepted internally that he is now very hot.

Posted by: gr8guyca | Oct 4, 2011 3:07:57 PM

15. Not weird, Ryan. INTERESTING. You're interesting looking.

Actually, I think guys who are interesting looking are WAY sexier than guys who are just classically good looking. Guys who've always been beautiful -- especially if they were also beautiful in adolescence when the rest of us were legitimately weird looking -- tend to have a vacant, boring quality to their faces. Then, as they age and no longer have their looks to coast along on, they lose it altogether because they realize that they lack real substance.

I'll take a guy like Ryan Gosling (or his gay equivalent) any day of the week.

Posted by: Jay | Oct 4, 2011 3:46:39 PM

16. If Ryan Gosling is "weird-looking" then I'm good looking!!

His face may not be the sexiest, but it's sexy in a different way. And it doesn't hurt that his body is really sexy!! :)

Posted by: Mark F | Oct 4, 2011 5:54:45 PM

17. Apparently he forgot about the year he spent playing Young Hercules. I definitely wouldn't call that character a "weirdo, freak, psychopath, nerd, outsider character guy."

Posted by: Brian | Oct 4, 2011 6:20:10 PM

18. STFU, Ryan. Now I hate you.

Posted by: Andalusian Dog | Oct 4, 2011 6:59:50 PM

19. I don't find him weird looking. Admittedly, there are a lot more physically attractive guys out there, but Gosling is a keeper in my opinion because of his personality. He has an aura about him that makes him very likable, both physically and on a spiritual level.

I'd be very proud if he were my son, son-in-law, or if a were a lot young, by partner in life. I'd be very happy to come home to Ryan every night and love every bit of his "weirdness".

Posted by: Bob R | Oct 4, 2011 7:06:58 PM

20. Ryan is not a pretty boy but he has talent to spare- he is mesmerizing in "Drive" and like all true movie stars the camera adores him.

Posted by: jaragon | Oct 4, 2011 7:11:23 PM

21. He's so beautiful.

Posted by: philip | Oct 4, 2011 7:29:23 PM

22. He was so silent,sexy and brooding in Drive. A man of few words, but his eyes can talk for him. Drive was amazing!

Posted by: stu | Oct 4, 2011 7:57:53 PM

23. Jimmy Stewart face, Ryan Idol body...I ain't mad at him.

Posted by: grant | Oct 4, 2011 8:01:15 PM

24. Mama! Papa!

Posted by: Marie | Oct 4, 2011 8:01:56 PM

25. Yet another hot Canadian stud!Both Gosling and Ryan Reynolds (another hot Canuck) really need to be in a movie together.....heh heh heh.

Posted by: Darrell | Oct 5, 2011 2:53:54 AM