Football (American) | News | Sports | Tim Tebow

Tim Tebow's Man-on-Man Victory Kiss

Tebow

Denver Bronco and Focus on the Family spokesman Tim Tebow planted a wet one on Demaryius Thomas during his late game rescue yesterday against the dolphins. Thomas caught the first of two touchdown passes from Tebow that positioned the Broncos for the win.

It's not the first time Tebow has shared a special moment like that with another man.

You may recall Tebow had a kiss with University of Florida teammate Tony Joiner that got the college football world talking a few years ago.

It's doubtful Tebow's PDA means his Bible-driven views have changed. Presumably as a result of controversy surrounding the 2010 Super Bowl as he made for anti-gay, anti-choice evangelical group Focus on the Family, Tebow is forbidden from talking about same-sex marriage with the press.

Though if he wants to keep making anti-homophobia PSAs like the screen shot above, we'll keep pointing them out.

Comments

1. Hypocrisy anyone?

Posted by: WebHybrid | Oct 24, 2011 11:37:03 AM

2. Of course it was with a guy named Demarryus.

Posted by: Demarryme | Oct 24, 2011 11:37:04 AM

3. Looks like he has a preference for black guys.

Posted by: Jack M | Oct 24, 2011 11:42:36 AM

4. Hey Tim! I've got a case of beer...let's go camping!

Posted by: Geoff M | Oct 24, 2011 12:00:10 PM

5. Yuk. Doesn't look like poor Thomas likes it any better than I would. Readiness matters.

Posted by: uffda | Oct 24, 2011 12:10:14 PM

6. his eyes remained opened the whole time..it isn't love.....sigh.

Posted by: Chris | Oct 24, 2011 12:38:58 PM

7. When I think of Tebow my first thought isn't "Continental", but I could be wrong. Probably not.

Posted by: Clint | Oct 24, 2011 12:48:35 PM

8. It's a rape kiss. Ugh.

Posted by: uffda | Oct 24, 2011 12:53:58 PM

9. Tim Tebow is an opportunistic homophobic twit. I cringe when I see his name in print.

Posted by: Tom | Oct 24, 2011 1:05:43 PM

10. Great to see Tebow doing so well in the NFL. Yesterday's victory was another confirmation of Tebow's talent. I also admire him for being a great inspiration for Christians everywhere. Tebow just doesn't talk about Christ, he lives the life of a follower of Christ.

Posted by: Javier | Oct 24, 2011 1:15:36 PM

11. There would be more than a dram of ironic justice in it if Tebow were to be the first active American football star to come out of the closet.
    Can you just imagine the reaction of the hateful christians?

Posted by: enough already | Oct 24, 2011 1:44:05 PM

12. in the clip i saw this morning, the first thing he did when the team won was to go down on one knee and cross himself.

while his alignment with FOF is troublesome due to their unrelenting hatred under the guise of "morality", i also think it's pretty unlikely he plays for our team.

and if believing in an invisible sky fairy gets you through the day, then i say go for it. personally, i dont get it at all, but it seems to work for millions.

Posted by: keith | Oct 24, 2011 1:50:10 PM

13. Most of the men I know are straight. Absolutely none of them kiss each other for any reason except as a kindness, a light peck, to an older relative. No straight men I have ever known kiss each other to express joy, excitment, exultation, anything. They will grab each and hug and jump up and down. But no kissing.

Posted by: Turtle | Oct 24, 2011 2:29:51 PM

14. The guy's name is Demaryius??

Just make it stop!

Posted by: AllBeefPatty | Oct 24, 2011 2:32:17 PM

15. The only straight men that I know that kiss on the lips are two extreme new-age tree huggers that think it's cool to do for some reason, probably left over from some men's group stuff, talking stick, drumming, you know....

It bugs me a little, because that's just not something I'd do with anyone that is not a love interest. Call me old fashioned, I don't care. Plus, anyone ever hear of herpes? Cold viruses? Flu?

Tebow: "Nope, I'm not gay, I just like kissing guys on the lips."

Me: "Yeah...right. Not gay. Not homophobic."

Posted by: johnny | Oct 24, 2011 2:36:36 PM

16. Shut up Javier. FYI: no one here cares about your love of Tebow and his bible based BS.

Posted by: wtf | Oct 24, 2011 2:44:53 PM

17. He's been watching too much English rugby and soccer, is my guess.

Not that I oppose the practice.

Posted by: BobN | Oct 24, 2011 3:21:58 PM

18. "But then again, I don't watch sports. Feel free to enlighten me. I guess it could be a common thing for straight-identified football players to kiss each other to express happiness or celebration. Right?"

Where were you when NBA superstars Isaiah Thomas and Magic Johnson would mouth kiss on the court during games? It's not as rare as some of you claim.

Posted by: Javier | Oct 24, 2011 4:11:32 PM

19. @ TURTLE I do follow sports regularly, especially football, and it is virtually unheard of for two guys to kiss each other on the lips. A few years ago, a kiss to the forehead became a sort of mini-fad in football, but then faded, and butt slaps have always been common. Ditto for piling on and even hugging, when something big happens.

But kisses on the lips? Absolutely not.

Tebow is as gay as he can be and all the religious BS is just a cover-up. He has never shown any real interest in women, despite having thousands throw themselves at him as a superstar college quarterback--in fact, when he was asked about it at SEC media days a few years ago, he looked uncomfortable about being asked and hemmed and hawed his way through the answer.

I have visions of him coming to a very bad end at some point, heading up some "ex-gay" ministry and then being exposed some day as a fraud, the way so many of the rest of these people have been.....which is a shame because he could get so much more mileage and be so much more usefu--and happy--if he would just accept himself and be out as a star gay athlete.

A real tragedy in the making, if you ask me..

Posted by: Rick | Oct 24, 2011 4:42:48 PM

20. Well, it's refreshing to see a man kiss another man for reasons other than wanting to get into his pants. It's actually quite refreshing when such affection is not all crotch-oriented as the gay men's movement keeps insisting it must be.

Posted by: jason | Oct 24, 2011 5:17:26 PM

21. Rick, Rick, Rick,

Stop insisting that a man is gay because he kisses another man on the lips. Do you similarly insist that all women who greet each other with kisses are lesbians? I doubt it.

In fact, I believe that Tim Tebow now represents the new concept of the emancipated male. He appears to be far more emancipated than the sex-obsessed gay men and homophobic straight guys who keep looking for validatioin of their respective agendas.

Posted by: jason | Oct 24, 2011 5:21:33 PM

22. You know, it's possible to make too much of a kiss. Much the way we made (make?) way too much of men slapping each other on the ass at sporting events. I would imagine Mr. Tebow has some difficulty rationalizing his pleasure in kissing other men on the mouth. What it means is anybody's guess. He may be straight, and he can live that way. He'll never be homosexual unless he starts actually having sex with men. He'll never be gay unless he identifies himself with that word. It's his life, he deserves to live it in his own way. Hopefully, he'll quit attempting to force his choices on everyone else.

Posted by: Chuck Mielke | Oct 24, 2011 5:23:27 PM

23. It's bad when other people does not agree with your principles, but it's definitely OK to HATE and LOATH them back! Such hipocrites!

Posted by: Dear John | Oct 24, 2011 5:48:35 PM

24. Jocks always get emotional on the field, kissing, hugging, grabbing each others butts-it's a safe place for straight men to show of their love for each other and what is wrong with that?!

Posted by: jaragon | Oct 24, 2011 6:04:24 PM

25. @WTF: Tank doesn't like to be rude, but why don't you shut your big mouth? Where do you come off telling anyone here what to say or not to say? You're not the site owner. Show a little bit of class, you moron. Catty bitches like you make this otherwise great site a real pain at times. And I bet you'd be down on your knees in about two seconds if you ever met Tebow in person, so stop pretending you don't like the big, beefy studmuffin! Hey, just keeping it real!

Posted by: TANK | Oct 24, 2011 6:39:03 PM