News | Nightlife | Vienna

Vienna's Hot Loads of Laundry: VIDEO

Vienna1

A tipster sends along this promo clip for 'Circus Hot Wash', billed as Vienna Austria's biggest gay party, which is, we suspect, a slightly embellished depiction of what goes on in the city's laundromats while folks are waiting for their loads to finish.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Vienna3

Comments

1. That never happened to me when I went to the laundrymat.

Posted by: homer | Oct 3, 2011 9:02:06 AM

2. Chosen right and hot guys to the promo.
    I wish I would walk to a room full of guys like them... daydream.

Posted by: Matt26 | Oct 3, 2011 9:11:32 AM

3. Mildly odd that all the writing is in English. And not that he's not hot, but why would someone taste the detergent he's poured all over himself? It's not milk; it's a soapy substance. Yuck.

Otherwise, this is exactly what happens whenever I do my laundry in Vienna.

Posted by: Paul R | Oct 3, 2011 9:21:14 AM

4. I am not so sure I want to douse myself with laundry detergent anytime soon.

Posted by: Joseph Singer | Oct 3, 2011 9:39:36 AM

5. Dang.....skip the gym. Let's go to the laundromat.

Posted by: Jacob Z Flores | Oct 3, 2011 9:51:10 AM

6. It's not that uncommon to see English in all the places foreigners might need to do something in Europe.
    Hot ad. Well done!

Posted by: enough already | Oct 3, 2011 10:04:59 AM

7. Waiting for their loads to finish? That was way too easy!

Posted by: Jack M | Oct 3, 2011 10:49:10 AM

8. Well that is typical Austria trying to copy pop commercial media and missing the mark in the details. Pouring detergent on yourself is not hot, cooling or tasty. Maybe water or dirt coulda simply been appropriate. Anyway, the party is also not a big deal. Nothing exciting happens, bad lights and speakers.

Posted by: juan | Oct 3, 2011 12:04:10 PM

9. Oh Juan please give us more insight. You're views are simply fascinating and speak volumes...

And I've heard only tired and caustic queens attend. Since you've been Juan how was it?

Posted by: Derek | Oct 3, 2011 12:28:21 PM

10. The guys there were fine (looking), because theres nothing else to do, so everyone goes, but its not worth 20euro to enter. Austrian guys still stand around and dont talk to anyone. Its not like its berlin or bruxelles with dark rooms and drugs....They try to make a show or something, but people just stood around in costumes and made everyone afraid to start dancing. The venue is great with different places to be, its just that the gay scene is small so all the rooms are empty. Its just a weird feeling of 'trying' the whole night and in the end its easily forgettable. Seems they wanna make money rather than target a specific group or make a smooth party. But no one here really knows the difference anyway.

Posted by: juan | Oct 3, 2011 2:00:53 PM

11. Like it until the music started. Yessh!

Posted by: Bob | Oct 3, 2011 2:02:04 PM

12. I want to go to there!

Posted by: Bobby | Oct 3, 2011 2:26:18 PM

13. It's not a party until a drag queen shows up!

Posted by: Bob | Oct 3, 2011 2:44:02 PM

14. Uh, guys, it's not really laundry detergent...

Posted by: BobN | Oct 3, 2011 3:11:01 PM

15. My favorite thing about clicking on this page is that I get an ad for "Boro Park Wash Center" at the top of the page.

Hmm not sure a laundry in the middle of Orthodox Brooklyn is pinpointing its marketing exactly right...

Posted by: Mark M | Oct 3, 2011 3:12:04 PM

16. Uh, BobN, we realize it's not really detergent. The point is that's what it's implied to be.

Posted by: Paul R | Oct 3, 2011 5:04:20 PM

17. Prelude to a Laundromat Orgy

Posted by: jaragon | Oct 3, 2011 5:50:59 PM

18. Hello:)
    Just wanted to stop by and tell you that I LOVE your blog!
    the way you represent the community is simply great!!keep on!
    if you´r interested i found a new music group from vienna and they won the right ou tv award (gay community website) and i really like the whole sound of them! Perhaps you´r interested
    but anyway,keep on writing. i will keep on reading:)
    love