Darren Criss | News | Theatre

BigGayDeal.com

Darren Criss Suits Up for Broadway: PHOTO

Broadway_criss

Darren Criss is set to take over for Daniel Radcliffe in How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying in January, and promo materials are starting to flow. (via hypable)

Comments

1. Have him wrapped, sealed and delivered to my home immediately.

Posted by: Kenneth H. | Nov 23, 2011 1:24:37 PM

2. It is not often that we are able to use the term "dreamy" anymore. Monsieur Criss, is picture next to that word in the dictionary.

Posted by: Kenn I | Nov 23, 2011 2:05:37 PM

3. He is so cute. I love him.

Posted by: OS2Guy | Nov 23, 2011 2:25:46 PM

4. they couldn't find a suit that would fit him...

Posted by: david | Nov 23, 2011 2:28:45 PM

5. I ran into Beau Bridges at the big press screening for The Descendents (which he's in) here in L.A. He's very excited about doing How to Succeed with Criss.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Nov 23, 2011 2:39:28 PM

6. When I was looking into a trip to NYC to coincide with his appearance in the show, it seemed he was only stepping into role for a couple of weeks. That seemed really odd, and not quite worth his effort. Did I get that wrong?

Posted by: Zlick | Nov 23, 2011 3:01:59 PM

7. Urgh. Whiney voice. Crappy dancing. Overrated.

Meh.

Good agent!

Posted by: Rowan | Nov 23, 2011 3:04:39 PM

8. great show, he's in for 3 weeks.

he got a purple tie - Daniel Radcliff's is blue.

see what they did there?

Posted by: truthiness | Nov 23, 2011 4:04:51 PM

9. Loved the show, with Daniel, would love to see Darrin in it.

Posted by: Rob West | Nov 23, 2011 4:06:41 PM

10. Woops "Darren" sorry.

Posted by: Rob West | Nov 23, 2011 4:07:50 PM

11. he really is just pretty.

Posted by: sleepy bear | Nov 23, 2011 4:20:47 PM

12. @ ZLICK - Yes you got it wrong, it's totally worth his effort. It's the Broad Way... and see his name above the title? Worth it.

Win for the producers because a Glee star is exactly the right demographic for younger audience and Daniel Radcliffe fans they've built the show for.

Win for Criss because he makes a Broadway debut in a starring role with limited risk, while Glee is in between season halves.

Win for us because it's a great show: I've seen it with Radcliffe (fantastic) and I'm going to see it AGAIN.

Posted by: Strepsi | Nov 23, 2011 4:44:42 PM

13. This is what I want for Christmas!

Posted by: jaragon | Nov 23, 2011 4:48:59 PM

14. Darren has so much freaking charisma and talent it's unreal.He looks absolutely gorgeous, he has such a beautiful face and bod i'm totally mesmerized by him.I wish him the best of luck on his Broadway run (not that he needs it)and hope he has fun while doing it.Wish i could be there to support him.

Posted by: charcus | Nov 24, 2011 5:56:31 AM

15. I'm so glad for him, I remember watching his youtube vids way back when (even before a Very Potter Musical, so basically he was a complete unknown) and thinking that he'd make it someday. Listening to him sing Disney princess songs without changing the gender won him a spot in my heart facsimile! ;)

Posted by: Andy | Nov 24, 2011 3:34:51 PM