Hugh Jackman | I'm Not Gay | News

Hugh Jackman's Wife Continues to Deny That He's Gay

In November of 2008 and February of 2009 Hugh Jackman and his wife both spun the same tale about how his wife, http://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2011/11/28/pagesix/web_photos/hugh_and_furness--300x300.jpgDeborra-Lee Furness defends his sexuality from the women's bathroom stall when she hears other's gossiping about it.

Jackman“Literally, they will push you out of the way,” she tells Page Six Magazine, out on Thursday. “Hi, I’m chopped liver. How do you do?” The sassy blonde brushed off critics of her marriage to the younger star currently on Broadway. She said, “Hugh is much more mature than me, so we balance each other out. And heaven forbid I have a human experience and carry a little weight.”

Furness also talked about Jackman's sexuality:

“The line I heard was, ‘Wolverine? Who would have thought?’ Hugh and I don’t pay much heed. It’s kind of tragic that these people have nothing better to do than gossip about people they don’t know.”

Comments

1. There's nothing wrong if he is really a gay... but sad to say it would be a big impact for his career.

"...It’s kind of tragic that these people have nothing better to do than gossip about people they don’t know."

I strongly agree with this... MIND ON THEIR OWN BUSINESS! grrrrr

Posted by: Tracy | Nov 30, 2011 8:54:57 AM

2. I can't believe people are so mean-spirited to still be harassing the Jackmans over their marriage.

Posted by: Kenneth H. | Nov 30, 2011 9:09:05 AM

3. Maybe he's a butch lesbian in a man's body and his wife is a femme lesbian in a woman's body that likes the flesh cock. Who cares.

Posted by: hmhm | Nov 30, 2011 9:18:04 AM

4. I agree ..who cares!!!!!!

Posted by: Gay American | Nov 30, 2011 9:27:38 AM

5. Ugh.

Posted by: ESA | Nov 30, 2011 9:30:00 AM

6. Everyone wants validity in their lives. I can see where if you are one half of a couple and you are the "less attractive" of the pair and the rumors are that your relationship is fake, well, I can see where that would be painful and you would want to take some sort of stand.

I'll admit that I look at her, look at him, and automatically believe the rumors about his "special friend". It makes me feel dirty and shallow that I can't believe their relationship is authentic.

If it is (see, I'm even saying "if") then I feel bad and can see where you would want to clear up the gay husband rumors for your own self-esteem. What we (society) are all saying is that their relationship can't possibly be valid because she's too ugly for him.

And that's really an awful indictment of us all.

Posted by: Rin | Nov 30, 2011 10:18:19 AM

7. He is a great role model for any young gay/straight guy. He doesn't care what people think and does what he wants. He is totally himself. He is a big hunky man who likes to sing and dance! Who doesn't want to watch that.

Posted by: Tonez | Nov 30, 2011 10:20:10 AM

8. He is happily married and that's it. I wish I could find a man like him.

Posted by: Matt26 | Nov 30, 2011 10:27:19 AM

9. @Rin,

I give your comment two thumbs up!

Posted by: Adrian | Nov 30, 2011 10:27:35 AM

10. I felt like Elaine Benes in The English Patient during his Broadway Show. It's sooooooooooooooooo cheesy I thought I was going to die.

Posted by: David in NYC | Nov 30, 2011 10:44:11 AM

11. Saw the show on Broadway, had a blast. He's a great entertainer, gay or straight - and I agree with so many of the comments, who cares? And then I wonder...who does care enough to make these media rumors? Probably pond scum like Murdoch looking to sell a paper off someone else any way they can. Disgusting.

Posted by: Jon Mitchell | Nov 30, 2011 11:08:00 AM

12. I should think people get insulted when lied to, but apparently not.

Posted by: anon | Nov 30, 2011 12:17:07 PM

13. I'm a great Hugh Jackman fan, and in my fantasies he's gay. In my regular, non-fantasy life, it doesn't make any difference. I'm pretty certain that he hasn't memorized my phone number.

Posted by: Mike in the Tundra | Nov 30, 2011 12:50:26 PM

14. I've met Hugh and Deb, and no gay man looks at his wife like that. He could be bisexual, but he's absolutely not gay: it's completely undeniable that he's in love and lust with his wife.

Posted by: Tarc | Nov 30, 2011 4:01:05 PM