Dallas | Levi Crocker | News

BigGayDeal.com

Another 'A-List Dallas' Cast Member Says He Was Attacked by Gays

Crocker

Brandon mentioned this briefly in his round-up last night.

Levi Crocker, a cast member on LOGO's A-List: Dallas, tweeted a picture of a head wound over the weekend and reported that he had been assaulted at an Oklahoma City gay bar, claiming that it was because of his participation in the reality show.

Crock

Wrote Crocker:

"I got jumped in the middle of a bar in OKC, 4 guys, one busted a barstool onu head...I'm fine, I finished the fight. I'll never forget that feeling tho. They weren't straight guys bullying me,they were gays...It's sad when str8 people are mean to someone gay. But for someone (or 4 ppl) from the gay community to attack me because of a show is??????"

In recent weeks, Crocker's castmate Taylor Garrett has also alleged attacks on him by members of the gay community.

In mid-October Garrett reported that a rock was thrown through one of his windows with a note attached attacking him for being a Republican. A month later Garrett said he was attacked again by a vandal who scratched "F**k Coulter" into the side of his car and pushed him to the ground.

(via back2stonewall)

Comments

1. Amazing what some people will do for ratings!

Posted by: Tallulah | Nov 28, 2011 7:25:30 AM

2. I don't care how hard these reality guys try to get me to watch their show, I'm not going to. Save your injuries, guys.

Posted by: Chip | Nov 28, 2011 7:30:39 AM

3. I have to agree with the first two responders.

These stories simply don't add up to anything beyond stories and sensationalism to shore up ratings. People have already brought up the obvious when it comes to these attacks- namely why was this not being tweeted from the hospital? Or more to the point- where is the police report about this. Am I honestly supposed to believe that these self-riteous media whores wouldn't have filed a police report if all this was actually 100% true?

The whole thing reeks of ratings ploy. Too many elements of these stories simply don't add up. And I'm getting sick of reading about these stories on gay news blogs. I just wish A-List would just . . . Stop.

Posted by: AedanCRoberts | Nov 28, 2011 7:38:58 AM

4. SRSLY...

Who???

btw, T-Road, if you don't report it, it will go away.

Posted by: Pete n SFO | Nov 28, 2011 7:38:59 AM

5. Someone needs to get the owner of this bar to chime in. I think the stories may soon diverge.

Posted by: Dale | Nov 28, 2011 7:40:22 AM

6. My guess is that he was being an ass and trying to use his celebrity status to elevate himself above Floyd, the gay mayor of OKC.

I'll have to get the skinny from Floyd.

Posted by: AggieCowboy | Nov 28, 2011 7:40:42 AM

7. I don't care what the motivation was for these assaults. The assailants need to be caught and punished. It really is as simple as that.

Posted by: jason | Nov 28, 2011 7:52:44 AM

8. well I dont know IF a Fight occurred or not...tho, Im not medical expert..that blood looks like jelly (isnt blood usually darker?)....tho I don't condone Fighting....especially between gays....and I saw an advertisement for thier ashow- where they're going to a GOP Fund-raiser....? REALLY???? Any Gay guy that's a Republican, and Votes GOP (esp. now with these GOP gay haters) ..is as bad a Jews for hitler, or a black person wrking for the KKK...don't watch thier show and refuse too...(they're typical cliche' "I got mine $$$,too bad for you" queens")

Posted by: Gay American | Nov 28, 2011 7:58:56 AM

9. I guess for the cast of the A List, Twitter counts as a legitimate police report.

Posted by: Dave | Nov 28, 2011 8:01:39 AM

10. Is there a police report? Sounds suspicious. I would like to hear from eyewitnesses to this fight.

Posted by: Paul | Nov 28, 2011 8:01:59 AM

11. Is this the third assault or crime against a 'cast'member of this show that is going to go unprosecuted?

Posted by: JimmyD | Nov 28, 2011 8:24:11 AM

12. If he got beat up by a bunch of fairies, that sucks. And is beautiful imagery. But still. Sucks.

If he's doing it to get people to somehow take notice of his show because they too don't fit in to some main stream gay type, I don't know how successful that effort would be since the actual show is on Logo and surrounded by Absolut ads performed by RuPaul's Drag Race contestants.

However. I have something better.

Here, it's a man teaching a wolf pup to howl:

Posted by: O HERRO | Nov 28, 2011 8:27:47 AM

13. Please read Levi's Tweets, his Facebook posts and the posts of Che' Lucci's from Facebook to get a lot more info on Levi @OKC Tramps incident per referenced link in this story @

Posted by: Levi Crocked @ OKC Corral | Nov 28, 2011 8:35:51 AM

14. Let's say for arguments sake that this REALLy happened. And let's say he then went to the hospital and filed a police report straight afterwards.

What is his problem?

You get this ALL the time with female, black and gay right wingers. They despise and insult the idea of community existing. They NEVER support the minority groups they come from. Vote against politicians who support these minority groups because the politician are not pro money. They belittle affirmative action and ANYTHING the government puts in place to support their minority, completely ignoring the millions of people born struggling that is their minority and would really get by with this support.

BUT when it suits them, because these people are snakes, they use the 'but I am black, he's been racist to me' , 'the male pundits on the left are bullying me because I am a women' and 'but I thought we were supposed to be a gay community? Looking out for each other?'

See a pattern here. No one deserves to be attacked but damn Mr Crocker if your sociopathic ilk don't deserve it. You have NEVER done any activism towards to the gay community, so why the hell should they be there for you?

Posted by: Rowan | Nov 28, 2011 8:56:20 AM

15. @Rowan -- SING OUT LOUISE!!!!!

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Nov 28, 2011 9:09:05 AM

16. Have you seen this show? It will make you want to gay bash all of them. They are horrible people. All of them, except that poor girl on the show. She actually tries to treat them all like real people that should be held accountable for their actions, but fails.

They are awful. Since they clearly had no parenting in their lives, maybe the gay community can beat them into acting like functioning adults.

Posted by: Chas | Nov 28, 2011 9:11:58 AM

17. Just one of a handful of "stories" Towleroad insist on covering that I would prefer not to aware of. Seems like utter BS!

Posted by: Sean | Nov 28, 2011 9:14:29 AM

18. I know these bars. Grew up in the area. It's not at all uncommon to have a fight break out between drunken Okies at a bar, gay or straight. Just because you got a bar stool thrown at you doesn't mean that you were attacked because of a television show... especially when you look like this guy (and we all know the automatic deference that the physically pretty receive in our watering holes). Chances are he was drunk and acting the fool, came across another who was doing the same, and things got out of hand.

Posted by: The Milkman | Nov 28, 2011 9:21:18 AM

19. This entire story balances on the thin possibility that four whole people watch the show and were able to recognize this fool in a bar. That in itself seems ridiculous to me.

Posted by: JWL | Nov 28, 2011 9:22:22 AM

20. This is a guy so desperate for attention that he has already accidentally "leaked" his nude shot. You are not Kim Kardashian...oh wait, that is exactly what you are.

Posted by: JWL | Nov 28, 2011 9:23:42 AM

21. Surely the whole point of this show is to make gay people look bad. It obviously has right wing backers and intentions.

Posted by: Rovex | Nov 28, 2011 9:31:13 AM

22. I wanna see a pic of that wound today! There should be a nice scab to show off...if indeed there's a scab at all.

Posted by: Taylor | Nov 28, 2011 10:00:38 AM

23. You know what, I'm going to break away from the pack and say that ultimately, if these attacks are real and these men are being harassed and physically attacked for being on this show, that is absolutely unacceptable, and it's not acceptable to diminish what these men are going through if that is true. Period. No-one should be attacked for what is ultimately a very petty reason. And I think it's offensive that people would be so callous towards these guys without knowing if these attacks are true or not.

With all of that said, do I support these guys? Not really. I don't think they are portraying our community in a good light, I don't like the fact they are Republicans and support a political party that systematically discriminates against our community. I do think they're attention craving. But none of this means they deserve to be attacked, or that it's funny, that's it's OK, or that they're lying about being attacked. We should show a little more decency than to be so vicious.

Posted by: Francis | Nov 28, 2011 10:02:37 AM

24. Did he seriously not file a police report over this???

Obviously he should have or still should. This is assault.

I have to go read his other tweets, but I didn't see any suggestion it could be tied to the show.

Posted by: Matthew Rettenmund | Nov 28, 2011 10:07:02 AM

25. You get the impression watching this show that gay life in Dallas is just one big party with very nasty people invited.

Posted by: anon | Nov 28, 2011 10:08:01 AM