California | Federal Prop 8 Trial | Gay Marriage | News | Proposition 8

PRop 8 Plaintiffs Jeff Zarrillo and Paul Katami Respond to Ruling: VIDEO

Plaintiffs

Prop 8 plaintiffs Jeff Zarrillo and Paul Katami respond to today's ruling from the California Supreme Court.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Earlier...
Prop 8 Ruling ANALYSIS: State Law, Standing, and What's Missing [tr]
Proposition 8 Backers Have Standing to Defend It, Court Rules (READ THE RULING) [tr]

AFER Plaintiffs Respond to CA Supreme Court Ruling on Prop 8 Standing from American Foundation for Equal Ri on Vimeo.

Comments

1. I love them, confident, dedicated, informed and, most importantly, loving men.

Prop 8 will be ruled unconstitutional "tout de suite" in CA. Couples like Jeff and Paul all over CA will win the opportunity to have their relationships recognized by the state as civil marriages, equal in every way to civil marriages granted to heterosexual couples.

CA and its citizens deserve this, as do all citizens of our country.

Posted by: Xavi | Nov 17, 2011 10:02:30 PM

2. All U.S. citizens more than deserve this equality, it is their birthright as Americans and it is being illegally withheld from them.

Posted by: Kevin | Nov 17, 2011 11:31:21 PM

3. Is it petty of me to say their eyebrows are terrible? yes? ok nevermind.

Posted by: andy | Nov 18, 2011 7:28:56 AM

4. you should read the hate coming out from the comments from the LA TIMES on this article.

Posted by: x man | Nov 18, 2011 7:38:24 AM

5. Anyone see in the irony in that fact the Republicans believe the 2nd Amendment gives ALL people the right to carry a concealed weapon but that the Constitution doesn't respect the rights of ALL people to marry (life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness)? Guess the logic is that you have the right to kill somebody but not the right to love someone.

Posted by: Tyron | Nov 18, 2011 8:46:36 AM

6. Two very brave and smart guys. Best of luck!

Posted by: Peter | Nov 18, 2011 8:47:35 AM

7. "Is it petty of me to say their eyebrows are terrible?"

YES, it IS. Very much. This case is FAR more important than what you think of how the plaintiffs look.

Posted by: Chuck Anziulewicz | Nov 18, 2011 9:04:30 AM

8. I had the pleasure of meeting them, and they are such nice guys. Didn't notice the eyebrows - just the commitment and the passion and the integrity and the kindness. It's really nice, for me, to have that kernel of human connection to the Perry case that I'm so nearly obsessed with for much larger reasons.

I'm glad for them ... and yes, for the rest of us, that the case will be heard on the merits by the Ninth Circuit. I don't like the way that's happening, but Jeff and Paul remind me it's more important that it DOES.

Posted by: Zlick | Nov 18, 2011 10:14:01 AM

9. I hope these guys do indeed have "quite the party"!

Posted by: Glenn I | Nov 18, 2011 11:26:29 AM

10. Seriously though. Those eyebrows! Put the tweezers down mary.

Posted by: David | Nov 18, 2011 2:21:28 PM