Hawaii | Hillary Clinton | Hong Kong | News

Hillary Clinton Photobombed by Man in Loincloth: VIDEO

Hawaii_clinton

Over the weekend in Hawaii, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton burst out laughing at a photo op with Hong Kong's Chief Executive Donald Tsang, as a torch-bearing man in a loincloth decided to make his presence known.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

(via politico)

Comments

1. Laughing at Hawaiian culture?
    Way to go Secretary of State.

Posted by: Edd | Nov 15, 2011 12:18:17 PM

2. I'm not a Hillary worshiper at all. In fact, I used to not care for her very much at all... All that by way of introduction to say that I really like her reaction of unbridled laughter. Just knowing that this side of her exists makes it muuuuuch more bearable when she's at her more stern self.

Posted by: oneway | Nov 15, 2011 12:18:53 PM

3. @ EDD: may I recommend removing the large tree branch that is currently occupying your rectum?

Posted by: Rich F. | Nov 15, 2011 12:20:50 PM

4. How is she laughing at Hawaiian culture?
    Please see above comment regarding tree branch and your rectum.

Posted by: chad | Nov 15, 2011 12:35:09 PM

5. My, my, but she is embracing the matronly!

Posted by: Gregoire | Nov 15, 2011 12:36:34 PM

6. @Edd: Give me a break. She's meeting a foreign dignatary and a half-naked man runs past them. That was undoubtedly a surprise to both of them and is amusing given the setting. That he was in native dress makes no difference.

Posted by: JohnAGJ | Nov 15, 2011 1:03:08 PM

7. edd she wasn't laughing at Hawaian culture

she was laughing at the the fact that a guy in went running through the shot

something unexpected with how strict these things are choreographed

Posted by: say what | Nov 15, 2011 1:12:50 PM

8. Obviously some of you haven't been to Hawaii.
    The guy wasn't photo bombing Hilary, he's doing his job.
    As part of Hawaiian tradition, he's running to all the torches and lighting them. Did you not see the lit torch in his hand?
    If you don't know what you are speaking of, shut the hell up.
    And I checked, no branch up my ass, it must me up yours.

Posted by: Edd | Nov 15, 2011 1:14:12 PM

9. @Edd: Been to Hawaii, lived there for a few years in fact, I recognize what you are saying but it doesn't change the fact that in the context of what was happening it was still amusing and not a slap on Hawaiian culture. That's an absurd claim.

Posted by: JohnAGJ | Nov 15, 2011 1:20:54 PM

10. And claiming that I must have a branch up my ass for sticking up for Hawaiian culture is just fine?

Posted by: Edd | Nov 15, 2011 1:26:06 PM

11. EDD, regarding the stick up your ass, double-check just in case.

Posted by: Sean | Nov 15, 2011 1:32:15 PM

12. Sir Donald Tsang, GBM, KBE - I rather think!

Posted by: coemgenus | Nov 15, 2011 1:49:21 PM

13. I was born and raised in Hawaii but live on the East Coast right now. I was surrounded by Hawaiian culture for 18 years and hold it in high regard. I would've laughed as well in that context.

Posted by: Michael | Nov 15, 2011 1:54:39 PM

14. i hope hillary gets to president after obama's next term. i think she's a good person underneath all the political b.s. that she gets enshrouded under.

Posted by: sleepy bear | Nov 15, 2011 2:02:24 PM

15. laughing at Hawaiian culture? People. Are. Insane. Truly. Insane.

Posted by: dc | Nov 15, 2011 2:31:58 PM

16. I need more Hillary in my life

Posted by: Mick | Nov 15, 2011 2:56:25 PM

17. @Edd, Just shut the hell up, and stop trying to tell people what they can and can't laugh at, you might think you have the right to do so...let me clarify: You don't.

Posted by: booka | Nov 15, 2011 3:07:11 PM

18. Dear Secret Service...

Posted by: Hollywood, CA | Nov 15, 2011 4:30:33 PM

19. @EDD: So, what you're saying is that it is a Hawaiian custom to honor a visitor by running naked behind them. You have some interesting customs. Is that branch protruding from your rectum another custom, too?

Posted by: Naked Opinion | Nov 15, 2011 4:48:34 PM

20. And how does the Secret Service not stop him from getting that close to begin with?

Posted by: Jon | Nov 15, 2011 5:15:36 PM

21. LOVE THAT!! Love to see people like her act real.

Posted by: Bobby | Nov 15, 2011 6:26:53 PM

22. I imagine that if he is that close, the Secret Service had already cleared him (although, come to think of it, it may not be the Secret Service in this case. Ms. Clinton's security issues are complex -- she is protected by State Department security when she is being Secretary of State but by the Secret Service ('cause she's a former First Lady) at home. Plus military protection when she's traveling to dangerous foreign countries.

Posted by: buster | Nov 15, 2011 6:31:03 PM

23. According to Andy or whoever is deleting my comments, it's okay to bash me, but I can't bash back.

Thanks.

Posted by: Edd | Nov 15, 2011 8:26:14 PM

24. I love Hillary, but I don't think she's overtly anti-Hawaiian. However, she might have sent the torch guy to burn Obama's birth certificate so she can run in 2012.

Posted by: bravo | Nov 15, 2011 10:36:06 PM

25. history will be very kind to secretary clinton. and her human moments are charming.

Posted by: andnowwhat | Nov 16, 2011 12:00:27 AM