Gay Parents | News

Gay Dads are Told They're Going to be Grandpas: VIDEO

Gaydads

I can't say I've ever seen a similar moment captured on film.

Check it out, AFTER THE JUMP...

(via reddit)

Comments

1. Adorable and sweet absolutely loved it. :)

Posted by: Kenny | Dec 15, 2011 3:15:00 PM

2. This made me cry with joy. Wow.

Posted by: Tim | Dec 15, 2011 3:15:32 PM

3. Guess which one is the bottom.

Posted by: Edd | Dec 15, 2011 3:15:50 PM

4. So sweet. <3

Posted by: luminum | Dec 15, 2011 3:18:27 PM

5. @Edd: Er, YOU?!?

Don't piss on this happy little video.

I think it's wonderful and heart-warming. It sure makes up for having to see Newt Gingrich's hate-filled fat mug on this site...!!!

Posted by: One of the CA 36,000 | Dec 15, 2011 3:19:48 PM

6. And this is just another example of how unnatural deviant gays are subverting the natural order. That fag should only be that exited only when he hears Perez Hilton farted, wearing white after labor day is legal, or it's free cosmos down at Rumor, Curious, or some other equally faggy moronically named bar.

Gays being excited about being grandparents is just plain unnatural.
    [sarcasm alert for those too stupid to detect it]

Posted by: Michelle Bachmann | Dec 15, 2011 3:22:57 PM

7. Tears of joy on this one. Very happy for them all.

Posted by: OS2Guy | Dec 15, 2011 3:25:23 PM

8. I can't recall ever being more happy for a couple and I don't even know them! Can you imagine how ridiculously loved and spoiled and doted over that grandkid is going to be? Almost feel sorry for him/her already. lol

Congrats to both grandpas if they happen to read this blog. =)

Posted by: sparks | Dec 15, 2011 3:26:08 PM

9. I don't think I have ever seen that much excitement from a straight grandmother-to-be.

I thought her father's reaction was adorable - pure, unadulterated joy!

The daughter is clearly very lucky.

Congratulations to the parents and to the grandfathers-to-be.

Posted by: James UK | Dec 15, 2011 3:33:26 PM

10. Beautiful!

Posted by: Brian | Dec 15, 2011 3:37:57 PM

11. Actaully...I tought along the lines of Edd...it was sweet but I thought two things - man they are hot and I know who the bottom is lol

Posted by: Glen | Dec 15, 2011 3:47:56 PM

12. I'm sorry, but he's definitely grandma, not grandpa.

Posted by: Jonathan | Dec 15, 2011 3:50:03 PM

13. I just hope I can get my two boys through kindergarten. And the fact these two guys look about my age really makes me want to puke.

Congrats, gentlemen. Seriously, how very, very cool. I can't wait until me and my partner experience the same. And I'd like to think I wouldn't jump around like a lunatic, but I probably will. Just pray that it's not when either one of my boys is 16...let them at least not get a girl pregnant until they're out of my house. :)

Posted by: Bart | Dec 15, 2011 4:04:43 PM

14. JOY!

Posted by: Gus | Dec 15, 2011 4:10:24 PM

15. I know I'll never get to be married or become a dad, so this kind of thing is bittersweet...but still awesome. Very happy for them.

Posted by: Lee | Dec 15, 2011 4:26:46 PM

16. Ms Thing in the white sweater was too much! Very funny but very sweet. Modern family.

Posted by: Jay | Dec 15, 2011 4:38:16 PM

17. So many people assume the nelly guy is the bottom. Are you really that clueless of the gay community at large? Do you know how many butch guys out there love to bend over and how many lispy guys love to top?

And on that note, who really cares who the bottom is? Does that matter? Everyone acts like it's a value judgment. If you ask me, it takes a lot more fortitude and courage to get something shoved in you than to do the shoving.

Way to propogate bigotted stereotypes, guys.

Congrats to this family. It's nice to see such a happy, healthy family grow. Cheers.

Posted by: Matt S | Dec 15, 2011 4:50:24 PM

18. He literally exploded into confetti!

Posted by: Gregoire | Dec 15, 2011 4:52:06 PM

19. HAPPY GRANDKIDS FELLAS!

As for EDD and your ilk:

Some of the biggest 'sissies' I've ever known, topped. Most of the drag queens I've known were exclusive tops.

So take you misogyny and your stereotypes and stuff them in a place I'm sure you'll both enjoy.

Me thinks the gentlemen doth protest too much...

Posted by: Seriously?Y | Dec 15, 2011 4:53:13 PM

20. I am crying!!!

Posted by: Toby | Dec 15, 2011 5:01:30 PM

21. "Exploded into confetti" - perfect!

Posted by: TJ | Dec 15, 2011 5:03:09 PM

22. Love the video, hate some of the comments. You can always trust a couple queens from the peanut gallery to be super bitchy.

What's the harm in writing a nice sentiment? Do you not see how ridiculous it is to undermine the guy's masculinity through a super bitchy, passive-aggressive comment? Like that's so butch in itself.

It's hard for me to get mad cuz it's just really pitiful. I read these comments and it's just like how my family treated gays before I was out. In that sort of "look at the ridiculous gay guy, let's all discreetly point and make fun" type of way. To see gay guys do that to each other isn't just sad, it's pathetic.

Posted by: Luca | Dec 15, 2011 5:04:16 PM

23. Very sweet. I loved how the one in green went from shock, to amazement, to amusement at his partner, then went an hid a for a second. It was almost like he was saying "here he goes again!"

Posted by: Steve | Dec 15, 2011 5:16:34 PM

24. I was being funny, humor is lost on trolls I guess.
    I'm glad they are going to be grandpas and I don't really care which one is the bottom.
    It doesn't matter to me at all.

Posted by: Edd | Dec 15, 2011 5:23:11 PM

25. I bet you could tell who was the MOTHER-n-law!

Very sweet reaction from the both of them.

Posted by: Dale | Dec 15, 2011 5:29:18 PM