Film | News | Taylor Swift | The Hunger Games

Taylor Swift Releases Song for 'The Hunger Games' Film Adaptation: VIDEO

Hunger_hutcherson

Those of you hungrily waiting for The Hunger Games adaptation to hit theaters this March have a new piece of the puzzle after Taylor Swift tweeted out a song to be featured in the film. Called Safe & Sound, it's an acoustic ballad featuring The Civil Wars.

Check it out (along with the trailer if you've missed it), AFTER THE JUMP...

Here's the trailer, if you missed it:

Comments

1. Meh, Taylor can't sing. She has a spindly voice. Thin as reeds.

Posted by: bruce | Dec 23, 2011 9:39:13 AM

2. What has Taylor Swift ever done for gay rights?

Posted by: jason | Dec 23, 2011 9:47:56 AM

3. Hahaha. Wait, what? I thought this movie was supposed to be violent, edgy, and gritty... the anti-Twilight. WTF is Taylor Swift doing on the soundtrack?

Posted by: endo | Dec 23, 2011 10:03:00 AM

4. Lots of hot guys in the trailers, but I'll never get why studios put out trailers like this one that basically tell you the whole story.

Posted by: Henry Holland | Dec 23, 2011 10:12:04 AM

5. @Jason, Taylor doesn't eat at Chic Flit-A.
    Seriously, who the hell cares?

Posted by: Edd | Dec 23, 2011 10:20:46 AM

6. it only tells a bit of the story. there's a huge portion, the actual hunger games themselves, that aren't shown at all, which is probably the last 2/3 of the film. an edgy film can still having touching moments, sincere emotions, and moments that call for a reedy voiced tween star to warble....

Posted by: palisc | Dec 23, 2011 10:21:22 AM

7. If you've read the books, there are some intensely intimate moments, one where the little girl Rue dies in Katniss's arms comes to mind. This song is almost a lullaby to balance the reality of children forced to kill children for the pleasure of the Capitol. I for one appreciate Andy's ability to balance posting relevant gay news and also keep his finger on pop culture (a lot of which gay people help create). My daughter teared up when she heard this song because she loves these books and characters and if that is any indication then job well done for Taylor.

Posted by: RonTEX | Dec 23, 2011 10:25:52 AM

8. If they play motherfrackin' Taylor Swift when Rue dies, I will get up and walk out!

Besides, I think Katniss actually sings during that scene, but it's been a few years since I read the first one.

Posted by: endo | Dec 23, 2011 10:36:49 AM

9. @Henry Holland This trailer only gives waway the set-up of the movie; most of the action takes place after the games start.

I think I read somewhere that there's gong to be a "music inspired by the movie" album in addition to the score. Although I could see this song in one of the cave scenes.

Posted by: Conor | Dec 23, 2011 12:08:10 PM

10. The trailer doesn't tell you the whole story... There's a lot left to see.

Posted by: Cole | Dec 23, 2011 1:47:05 PM

11. yah, seriously.. the trailer doesn't even come CLOSE to telling you the story. it just sets things up.

and i agree that there are some intimate moments where i can totally see a piece of this song playing.

Posted by: gabriel | Dec 23, 2011 2:26:41 PM

12. Okay, I do like Taylor Swift, but in the Hunger Games? I swear, if this plays when Rue dies, I will walk out and hunt the producers down! The song isn't that bad but it is not Hunger Games material! Everything was going so well for the movie. The trailer the fine, the casting wasn't too bad but now they do this? I am PISSED!

Posted by: Abby | Dec 23, 2011 5:19:43 PM

13. whatever about Taylor Swift... obviously a branding tie-in... but take a minute to acquaint yourselves with 'the civil wars'. fantastic musical artists.

Posted by: my2cents | Dec 23, 2011 10:48:18 PM

14. I really doubt they'll play this during the movie itsel. It's most likely going to be the song in the credits.

Posted by: Richard D | Dec 30, 2011 12:40:51 PM