Couples | News | Relationships

I Think These Guys Are In Love: VIDEO

Love

This 'This is Our Year' clip rolled into my inbox with few details, but with this much sweetness who needs any?

Check it out, AFTER THE JUMP...

this is our year. from Joe M on Vimeo.

Comments

1. love the video - beautiful! I hope someday to have that kinda love in my life. <---single :(

Posted by: Joey Boots | Dec 19, 2011 12:01:11 PM

2. That video just gave me diabetes.

Posted by: chrissy | Dec 19, 2011 12:06:23 PM

3. Dear Chrissy - you get what you deserve.

Posted by: Dave Porter | Dec 19, 2011 12:26:21 PM

4. They're adorable.

Posted by: Chris | Dec 19, 2011 12:26:25 PM

5. @Joey - Watching that video, I recall the first year my partner & I were together. For us, it was almost 33 years ago. And here we are, still together, still in love. It's not the same, not as smoochie-smoochie. But it's deeper, without the need for saying 'I love you' every day, without the need to be touching each other all the time. The sex is still good, just not as 'needy' or 'mindless'. We've been together longer than most every str8 couple in our lives. Your man is out there. Just keep your heart open.

Posted by: Mikey | Dec 19, 2011 12:28:17 PM

6. If you find a love like this, recognize it, invest in it and hold it close to your heart.

Posted by: Dennis | Dec 19, 2011 12:28:31 PM

7. Very sweet indeed.

Posted by: Rocco | Dec 19, 2011 12:31:03 PM

8. P.S. @Joey - The oldest of our 4 dogs (all girls!) is named Joey too.

Posted by: Mikey | Dec 19, 2011 12:33:03 PM

9. They could have lowered the music, I found that annoying. The guys are fun to watch.

Posted by: Mike Ryan | Dec 19, 2011 12:39:40 PM

10. They gots chemistry. Very sweet.

Posted by: Glenn I | Dec 19, 2011 12:42:26 PM

11. yeah can't hear them. need to be american if they're going to play cheesy music on top of their voices in a video. at least we shout.

Posted by: David in NYC | Dec 19, 2011 12:47:46 PM

12. Yeah, ditch the music, I'd rather hear what they say.

As Joni Mitchell put it:

"It always seems so righteous at the start
    When there's so much laughter
    When there's so much spark
    When there's so much sweetness in the dark..."

Posted by: Michael in Toronto | Dec 19, 2011 12:49:23 PM

13. Nicely said Mikey!!! Reminds me of the first year me and my husband were together. It was a magical time. 18 years later the love is so much deeper and still magical at times.

Posted by: JustKev | Dec 19, 2011 12:56:35 PM

14. annoying

Posted by: oliver | Dec 19, 2011 12:57:17 PM

15. Have to agree with @Mikey, if you are one of those guys out there who believes it will never happen - it can and it will. There will be men in your path and if you want a partner its up to you. Greg and I have been married 7 yrs. I can remember fearing such a commitment until he came along and he asked me to marry. I knew then life without him would be very empty.

Posted by: OS2Guy | Dec 19, 2011 1:00:42 PM

16. I had that love but my partner died from a sudden massive cerebral aneurysm and died Thanksgiving morning in 1993. I only had 9 very short years with him and there is not a day that passes that I don't wish I could gaze into his beutiful blue eyes just one more time. I was blessed and highly favored in having those 9 years. I have hopes of loving again, but if it doesn't happen, I did at least know what it felt like.

Posted by: Scott | Dec 19, 2011 1:07:52 PM

17. Yeah. Almost 25 years here. And the magic - the looking at my partner with awe, the goosebumps from a kiss - still there.

Posted by: TJ | Dec 19, 2011 1:08:37 PM

18. How deeply, deeply depressing. *bitter single guy*

Posted by: G.I. Joe | Dec 19, 2011 1:08:56 PM

19. SO ADORABLE! This totally reminds my of my partner and I when we were first together - and it makes me want to run and hug him and kiss him right now! He is FOR SURE getting lucky tonight :) HA!

Seriously though, VERY precious!

Posted by: C.J. | Dec 19, 2011 1:22:13 PM

20. This young love is adorable. It's been a long while but I vaguely remember being that age and that way myself.

Posted by: Chip | Dec 19, 2011 1:29:48 PM

21. What I love about this video is that the blond guy is drop dead gorgeous and the dark haired one is "ordinary" looking. Despite the disparity in their looks they have found each other and they are obviously in love. Beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder and that is such an important lesson to teach.

If you are lucky enough to find this kind of deep love, treasure it and take care of it. It won't blossom by itself. Reminds me of me and my hubby (10 years together and still going strong).

Posted by: Howard | Dec 19, 2011 1:34:47 PM

22. Mikey, thanks for your comment. Maybe I won't give up after all.

Posted by: fedorajoe | Dec 19, 2011 1:38:12 PM

23. @Scott - so sorry for the loss, seriously. Pls don't give up on finding love again. Our neighbor, 64YO, has lost two partners, the last to pancreatic cancer. We went through the loss with him and it brought home to both Greg and myself how every moment we have together is ours.

Posted by: OS2Guy | Dec 19, 2011 1:48:51 PM

24. More like this please.

Posted by: Mick | Dec 19, 2011 1:51:16 PM

25. I really love this, it is so positive and uplifting. Their love shines through in their eyes and smiles.

Posted by: Chip | Dec 19, 2011 2:07:54 PM