2012 Election | Kelly Clarkson | Ron Paul | Twitter

Kelly Clarkson Endorses Ron Paul; Stunned By Backlash

KellyClarksonThumbsPop star Kelly Clarkson, who is in most respects an average gal with an average gal's indifference to the news, took to Twitter this morning to express her love for Ron Paul:

I love Ron Paul ... I liked him a lot during the last republican nomination and no one gave him a chance. If he wins the nomination for the Republican party in 2012 he's got my vote. Too bad he probably won't.

The Pauline Army was quick to embrace Ms. Clarkson. But as the singer examined her Twitterfeed, she began to learn disturbing things. Subsequently, she Tweeted:

I have never heard that he’s a racist? I definitely don’t agree with racism, that’s ignorant.

And, upon encountering a rumor that Dr. Paul is a homphobe:

I love all people and could care less if you like men or women. I have never seen or heard Ron Paul say anything against gay people?

I read Clarkson's double misuse of the question mark as a sign of shell-shockedness. It's never fun to learn you've accidentally aligned yourself with a (possible) homophobic racist isolationist survivalist kookypants. Sometimes, it must suck to be famous.

Comments

1. In the immortal words of Abraham Lincoln, "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Posted by: gaylib | Dec 29, 2011 11:43:02 AM

2. Ron Paul 2012! Because who wouldn't support an unelectable racist homophobic old man . . . you know, he tells it like it is, gotta love that, right?

Posted by: Ernie | Dec 29, 2011 11:45:24 AM

3. I have never heard that Kelly Clarkson is a Republican? Does anyone know why she is a Republican.

Posted by: Dastius Krazitauc | Dec 29, 2011 11:49:25 AM

4. Ron Paul is not a racist!

Posted by: Tony | Dec 29, 2011 11:50:07 AM

5. Ron Paul is not a racist!

Posted by: Tony | Dec 29, 2011 11:50:47 AM

6. Who is she? (Actually I googled her and still I need to ask: who is she??)

Posted by: Matt26 | Dec 29, 2011 11:54:03 AM

7. It does not suck to be famous. It sucks to be famous and stupid. But the Lincoln quote really is on point here.

Posted by: james | Dec 29, 2011 11:56:20 AM

8. aren't all the republican candidates a bunch of homophobic racist kookypants? support one, or support another, its all the same, yes? then again.. I thought Ron Paul was against everyone else view of "traditional marriage" ?? per the other article in the feed.

Posted by: NorthoftheBorder | Dec 29, 2011 11:58:29 AM

9. Ron Paul - the "homophobe" who voted for gay marriage.

Posted by: Keith | Dec 29, 2011 11:58:59 AM

10. And here's Ron Paul the "racist": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8S8N2OG7sU

Posted by: Keith | Dec 29, 2011 12:00:17 PM

11. I have no concern what a subliterate pop star thinks.

Posted by: hank | Dec 29, 2011 12:00:46 PM

12. Ron Paul is probably the least Homophobic of all the Republicans running, save John Huntsman. I would much rather see Clarkson support Paul than Perry or Santorum.

Posted by: Jack | Dec 29, 2011 12:00:48 PM

13. That video, "Tony"," is emonstrative of nothing more than Ron Paul's condescending attitude towrds non-whites.

A condescention you and the other Paul Bearers obviously share.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Dec 29, 2011 12:02:19 PM

14. Are Ron Paul posts just a ploy to get more comments? Ron Paul, save me from your followers....yikes!

Posted by: John | Dec 29, 2011 12:02:30 PM

15. How can Ron Paul "vote for gay marriage" when he wants "the government to get out of the marriage business"?

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Dec 29, 2011 12:03:35 PM

16. "Ron Paul is probably the least Homophobic of all the Republicans running, save John Huntsman."

IOW, the prettiest Tarantula in the nest.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Dec 29, 2011 12:05:21 PM

17. "Ron Paul - the 'homophobe' who voted for gay marriage."

Hmmm, when was that exactly? I don't recall a "gay marriage" bill that he might have had an opportunity to vote on? Did anyone else vote on this "gay marriage" bill?

Posted by: Ernie | Dec 29, 2011 12:16:10 PM

18. What has Ron Paul ever done or said in his many years in public life that can so much as remotely be construed as “racist?” The answer is not a single thing. In fact, Ron Paul’s voting record in Congress, as well as his many writings, attest beyond the shadow of a doubt that he is equality’s most impassioned and consistent champion. None of the other presidential candidates — including President Obama — can credibly lay claim to this distinction. Paul is equality’s greatest champion because he is liberty’s greatest

Posted by: Sylvia | Dec 29, 2011 12:21:19 PM

19. Sometimes, it must suck to think differently.

Posted by: Cinesnatch | Dec 29, 2011 12:28:10 PM

20. I'm not a Ron Paul or Kelly Clarkson fan, but the fact that anyone would give a sh*t about who a pop star/musician/actor etc supports politically is beyond me. They have a right to support who they want to support just like you have a right to support who you want to support. And if you're basing who you're going to vote for off a pop star's Twitter feed, then I really don't know what to say.

Posted by: Christian | Dec 29, 2011 12:28:43 PM

21. In 1996, Paul was asked by the Dallas Morning News about a line that appeared in a 1992 newsletter: “If you have ever been robbed by a black teenaged male, you know how unbelievably fleet of foot they can be.”

His response: He denied suggestions that *he* was evoking stereotypes when *he* wrote the column.

Posted by: Carlie | Dec 29, 2011 12:28:46 PM

22. Anyone who believes that President Obama is any different that President Bush needs to do some research. They are both owned by corporate interest. The mud slinging against the only man in Washington who has not sold his soul to the devil is pathetic. Dr. Paul is the only man running that has a plan to regain our Constitution and liberty. How is it that those accusing Dr. Paul of hate are the most hate filled people of all?

Posted by: Sylvia | Dec 29, 2011 12:29:32 PM

23. I'm getting fed up with uninformed people calling Ron racist and homophobic. A homophobe who voted to repeal DADT? A racist who understands that the drug war in this country has been unequally leveled towards blacks. Liberals always complain about people who spout off talking points but are just going the same thing in regards to Paul. I'm a liberal and African American who has always voted Dem but I find myself more aligned with Ron Paul this go. Do your research....

Posted by: Lance | Dec 29, 2011 12:31:52 PM

24. why is it that Ron Paul suckups are always fake profiles?

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Dec 29, 2011 12:33:49 PM

25. "... .. The point I was making was not that my grandmother harbors any racial animosity. She doesn't. But she is a typical white person who, uh, if she sees somebody on the street that she doesn't know there's a reaction that's been been bred into our experiences that don't go away and that sometimes come out in the wrong way and that's just the nature of race in our society. We have to break through it..." - Senator Barack Obama

Posted by: Sylvia | Dec 29, 2011 12:35:10 PM