Mario Lopez | News | Underwear

BigGayDeal.com

Mario Lopez Fancies Himself the Next Marky Mark: VIDEO

Lopez

Mario Lopez has a new underwear line called 'Rated M'. Says Lopez: "The 'M' stands for masculine, modern, Mario... make it whatever you want it to be."

Check out some raw video of his shoot and Extra's item, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. He scares me. Sure, he's got a great body, but his weird mix of egoism, traced by hints of insecurity, make him seem unstable.

But meeting him and suffering harm are not exactly among the 10,000 concerns of my life.

Posted by: Paul R | Dec 2, 2011 10:21:19 AM

2. Maybe 20 years ago... (meow!)

Posted by: Tre | Dec 2, 2011 10:22:17 AM

3. Mmmm... I'd buy 'em - the ones he wore for the photo shoot, that is.

Posted by: Jeff | Dec 2, 2011 10:28:22 AM

4. Please! Marky Mark couldn't hold a candle to this guy. Mario Lopez is one of the all-time hottest dudes ever on the planet. Agreed that the personality is a bit egocentric, but at least he didn't blind an old man with a crowbar during a robbery, like Mark Wallberg did. Wallberg is just disgusting. Yes, he had a hot bod (not so much any more), but I just can't get past Wallberg's nihilism and fake machismo.

Posted by: Dan Cobb | Dec 2, 2011 10:31:45 AM

5. Perfect body, lovely smile and eyes.
    @Tre, I think he looks fantastic.

Posted by: Matt26 | Dec 2, 2011 10:40:24 AM

6. He's a good looking guy. Hate the underwear with the shiny silver logo.

Posted by: Bart | Dec 2, 2011 10:40:59 AM

7. I'll stick with my manties, thank you very much.

Posted by: MARCUS BACHMANN | Dec 2, 2011 10:48:57 AM

8. From the 38yo's Wikipedia page:

"Lopez identifies himself as a conservative politically."

Woo-hoo! Go-Lopez! *fart*

Posted by: JASON | Dec 2, 2011 10:52:40 AM

9. Mario should be sexy but there's just something so sexless about him - can't figure out what it is!

Posted by: Remote Patrolled | Dec 2, 2011 11:23:21 AM

10. Agree with most of the posters here - he's got a great body but there's something weirdly missing when it comes to sexual energy. Also, I HATE the name "rated M". Who came up with that? It's horrible.

Posted by: mike128 | Dec 2, 2011 11:28:59 AM

11. There's nothing "hot" or "sexy" about a rapist: http://www.variety.com/article/VR106708?refCatId=25

Posted by: JASON | Dec 2, 2011 11:32:56 AM

12. Why am I so tired of this guy?

Posted by: jamal49 | Dec 2, 2011 11:34:56 AM

13. The body's attractive, the face used to be attractive, but as it's implied, there is something soul-less about him. Maybe he just needs a little love, or a mirror.

Posted by: Kevin | Dec 2, 2011 12:01:39 PM

14. @Jason That alleged rape was from 1993 and Lopez was never charged. I'm more concerned about him being a sel-identified conservative.

Posted by: Gigi | Dec 2, 2011 12:06:03 PM

15. Last I checked he was pro-gay rights and that information came from his own statements and his time hosting THE OTHER HALF, if he's fiscally conservative then I've got no issue with him (even if I think he might be wrong on a specific issue or two). Now if he's talking out of both sides of his mouth (are there statements against gays somewhere, too, in less public venues that are confirmed) or financially supporting in significant ways anti-gay politicians, then we have a problem. As for a rape allegation that was investigated and never charged (rarely to be ever mentioned again in gossip obsessed Hollywood) it seems scurrilous to bring it up nearly 20 years later.

As for Paul, who senses instability that might do someone personal harm one day, all from underwear ads, pet trick shows, and SBTB reruns...I'm not sure what to say.

Vapid, soulless work on the other hand...totally agree. He's not a great talent. But we venerate others for far less talent and bodies of work, so there's that.

Weird turn this thread on underwear modeling by a celebrity took...

Posted by: LuckyLinden | Dec 2, 2011 12:32:10 PM

16. He's a hot latin - I'd do him. Besides, he's gay, right?

Posted by: Bobby | Dec 2, 2011 1:32:36 PM

17. Yeah, right. I've seen dog turds drying on a hot summer sidewalk that had more personality and appeal than Mario Lopez. This guy is not remotely attractive (never has been, and never will be), and he's not even in the same league as Mark Wahlberg.

Posted by: OMNOMNOM | Dec 2, 2011 1:44:15 PM

18. Too much muscle. Anything beyond a 6 pack is unnecessary. He looks like he has a 13 pack, not working for me.

Posted by: MKe | Dec 2, 2011 2:08:33 PM

19. Weird. I saw this story on a few gay blogs and noticed a trend. Early in the comments on some (not all) someone mentions that Lopez is a "self identified" or "well known" conservative and implies that we're supporting a quiet homophobe. And/or that weird, unsupported rape allegation from 20 years ago comes up. Then the talk turns to him being not an ally and sexless/soul-less/etc. Sort of odd for a beefcake post and sort of odd to see it on more than one site. Is there some sort of anti-Mario Lopez faction I have no idea about? I catch him doing GLAAD work, anti-gay bullying PSAs with Kristen Chenoweth, talking about how much he values the gay community, talking about how being gay is just NOT an issue to people his age and is exploited by politics on "The Other Half," and playing a gay man with AIDS (and being raped semi-onscreen) when other "teen idols" would never have handled it. So he's personally conservative? So he's personality deficient and more model than actor? Who cares. I'd take more like him over the good looking celebs who remain totally silent or actually are anti-gay. Why there seem to be a handful of people (maybe just one person) who seeds stories about him on gay blogs with weird implications and attacks is beyond me.

Posted by: breckroy | Dec 2, 2011 3:02:25 PM

20. "M" also stands for "Mary"

Posted by: h | Dec 2, 2011 3:51:07 PM

21. remote patrolled said: "there is something so sexless about him".

yes, it could be that he's been a packaged hollywood personality for too long.

maybe he didn't have a chance to develop himself and his interests.

kind of comes with the territory.

maybe he'll get that later in life.

Posted by: mark | Dec 2, 2011 5:20:16 PM

22. He has the type of body that was made to sell underwear.

Posted by: jaragon | Dec 2, 2011 5:43:33 PM

23. Mario does not fall in the same category as Mark Waklberg back in the day. Mark had an appeal about him that Mario lacks considerably.

Posted by: omi | Dec 2, 2011 7:25:47 PM

24. Mario Lopez is the Latin Ryan Seacrest.

Posted by: Brian in Texas | Dec 2, 2011 8:42:07 PM

25. Is it me, r does anyone else want to see Mario do a hot sex scene with Eddie Cibrian?

Posted by: Brian | Dec 3, 2011 12:51:27 AM