Madonna | News

Madonna Talks W.E., 'Masterpiece', Nicki Minaj, MIA, the New Record, and the Super Bowl: VIDEO

We_madonna

Madonna took a moment on the red carpet at the premiere of her film W.E. to talk about what's bubbling up in her career right now.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

In related news, the one-sheet for W.E. is here:

Onesheet_we

Comments

1. I heard that W.E. stinks. Perhaps Madonna is returning to music for that reason. She needs the money, I suppose.

Posted by: jason | Dec 6, 2011 8:32:42 AM

2. Jason/Rick's comments are so predictable and tired they're not even worth mocking anymore.

Posted by: endo | Dec 6, 2011 8:38:17 AM

3. You heard did you? How big are your ears? The reviews have been mixed I believe. Given that Madonna directed, the fact that mixed reviews were grudgingly given probably means it's pretty good.

Posted by: Mark | Dec 6, 2011 8:44:14 AM

4. Actually...the film hasn't received any glowing reviews from any respected film critic and has been blasted for being a thinly veiled take on Madonna's life and how she see's herself as the victim like Wallace Simpson thought she was. I give Madonna props for pushing herself artisticly though...

Posted by: Tagg2 | Dec 6, 2011 9:09:27 AM

5. she doesn't need the money, but the movie does suck and her new album...the leaks don;t sound very promising...too bad Gaga isn't doing the superbowl

Posted by: Chris | Dec 6, 2011 9:11:09 AM

6. Chris, Your obsession with Madonna is showing.

Posted by: james | Dec 6, 2011 9:22:25 AM

7. I know she's been worked over within an inch of her sub-epidermis but my lord does she look beautiful.

Posted by: Feral | Dec 6, 2011 9:44:04 AM

8. Yes, the British King gave up his throne for his love. However, this same man became a Nazi sympathizer. So, why bother honoring him with a movie that makes him into a romantic hero?

As for Madonna, I applaud her creativity and hope that she's able to one day create a film that is critically successful.

Posted by: Archer | Dec 6, 2011 10:00:15 AM

9. There she goes again--calling herself a "visionary."

Gag!

Posted by: TPOWW | Dec 6, 2011 11:20:17 AM

10. Why does she always act so stuck up in interviews? She's so unlikeable. And after reading about all the bad reviews this dumb movie got at the Venice Film Festival, this movie is sure to be a flop (like all of her other movies).

Posted by: Dan | Dec 6, 2011 12:18:54 PM

11. @Archer I'm curious to see if W.E. elides Wallis and Edward's Nazi sympathies.
    @TPOWW Madonna's constant self-promotion makes me want to gag too.

Posted by: MichaelJ | Dec 6, 2011 12:18:58 PM

12. Everyone has to self promote, if not, who will? And as for being unlikeable, she laughed and made a few jokes so I don't think that's a problem.

Posted by: jeremy | Dec 6, 2011 1:33:49 PM

13. I dont know which was worse-the way Madonna talks or that fags sweater!!

Posted by: mattsy | Dec 6, 2011 2:08:25 PM

14. And these GaGa Maggot F@ggots still hating!

Posted by: CHRIS DACHOCOLATEBEARCUB | Dec 7, 2011 1:58:02 AM