Maps | News

MAP: Where are the Hung Men in Europe?

Pmap

Don't get too excited. That's centimeters, not inches. (via buzzfeed)

Comments

1. Based on my years of experience, I'd say this is true. Although, I may need to repeat for accuracy!! ;)

Posted by: TJ | Dec 6, 2011 7:59:56 AM

2. and 16 centimeters is just over 6 inches, so don't get too excited :(

Anyway, everybody knows girth beats length everytime!

Posted by: QJ201 | Dec 6, 2011 8:11:52 AM

3. "Don't get too excited. That's centimeters, not inches. "

I am still laughing....merci beaucoup!

Posted by: AllBeefPatty | Dec 6, 2011 8:22:19 AM

4. Obviously they didn't do hands-on research in Ireland........

And it was probably written by another cockey Frenchman !
    Anecdotal, mouth to mouth, research just isn't good enough ! Mouth to something else, perhaps.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Dec 6, 2011 8:23:52 AM

5. So thats what the Russians have been so pissy about all these years.

Posted by: JWL | Dec 6, 2011 8:27:58 AM

6. Hungarians - that's too easy.

Posted by: D.R.H. | Dec 6, 2011 8:39:05 AM

7. @JackFknTwist: Don't worry, my fine Irish pal. Based upon your posts here on Towleroad, I've never doubted that you could pitch a tent that we could all camp under. ;-) At the very least, you've got the bollocks of a bull.

Posted by: RyanInSacto | Dec 6, 2011 9:02:07 AM

8. @RYANINSACTO :
    Hee hee, thanks.
    I like bulls !

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Dec 6, 2011 9:43:01 AM

9. Call me stupid, but I always choose a man based on looks, body and mind. I tolerate any kind of "tool" as long as I like the guy.

Posted by: Matt26 | Dec 6, 2011 9:57:12 AM

10. More likely a map of which Euro nations have the most liars and narcissistic, conceited guys. From my experience this is fairly on the mark.

Posted by: ratbastard | Dec 6, 2011 10:30:11 AM

11. The range is from 5 to just over 6 inches. Not enough reason to change vacation plans.

Posted by: jaime jones | Dec 6, 2011 10:47:25 AM

12. Oh, France, stop lying!

Posted by: johnny | Dec 6, 2011 11:10:32 AM

13. Silly, of course. Just like similar maps that claim to show different average penis sizes between states.

What is interesting, though, is why people engage in such exercises? Why do they seemingly WANT so desperately to believe that there is a difference in penis size between nationalities or between races or between regions of a country? Is there some profound underlying reason that would explain humanity's (actually men's) propensity to engage in war and in ritualized "war" (in the form of sports and other competitions)? Is there some core aspect of maleness/masculinity that drives all this?

I think so.

Posted by: Rick | Dec 6, 2011 11:14:44 AM

14. The map is based upon compiled evidence from dozens of published studies.

http://www.everyoneweb.com/worldpenissize/ (click on data sources)

That said, these are *averages.* One should always be careful not to commit what's known as "ecological fallacy." That is, a single individual pulled at random from a population should not be assumed to possess the average characteristics of that population. Also, this map does not show standard deviation, so it is hard to know just how much variation exists among a given country or what the low-end and high-end of the range of sizes is in a given country.

Gosh, do I know how to take the fun out of something or what? ;-)

Posted by: RyanInSacto | Dec 6, 2011 11:26:32 AM

15. O.K. who did the resource and can I volunter?

Posted by: Maxx E. Padd | Dec 6, 2011 11:30:28 AM

16. I always thought the russians were bigger... maybe it is the cold weather.....

Posted by: V-8 | Dec 6, 2011 12:10:57 PM

17. Being European (Dutch) and well travelled ... I must say this map is quite accurate.

For you Americans here: In Europe we measure from the base of our todger upwards.

And NOT like you Americans from the hole (your arse hole) up.

So what you see as 9 inches in the USA is about 6 European inches. (chew on this boyz)

Posted by: Hendrik | Dec 6, 2011 12:54:07 PM

18. I'd say it's right about the French but not about the Hungarians and the Russians (I'd switch those figures), and I have a lot more first hand evidence for those nationalities. And how could there be so many Romanian prostitutes if they're so challenged? Nah... only partially correct, and Eastern Europe (as usual) is misrepresented.

Posted by: KevinVT | Dec 6, 2011 1:02:29 PM

19. I don't want to take the fun out of it either, but since the average penis is about five inches (just a bit more) that means for every seven there's a three.

Hardness matters too. A lot. Even more.

Posted by: just for fun, is it? | Dec 6, 2011 1:15:12 PM

20. @Ratbastard Well I guess it's a good thing the US is not included in this study then.

Posted by: Frank | Dec 6, 2011 1:16:03 PM

21. Oh, this is the classic gay magazine article if there ever was one. After ten of these you realize the data is probably bunk.

Posted by: anon | Dec 6, 2011 1:35:15 PM

22. Wow, who know I'd be a monster in Europe?! :=]

Posted by: MoJo | Dec 6, 2011 1:46:48 PM

23. Vive la France!

Posted by: Drew | Dec 6, 2011 4:40:43 PM

24. What a great job, traveling all around Europe measuring guys tools. I think Hungary should start doing some advertising in gay travel guides. Who knew those Magyars were so well endowed?

Posted by: jack | Dec 6, 2011 11:23:15 PM