Comments

1. says

Obviously they didn’t do hands-on research in Ireland……..

And it was probably written by another cockey Frenchman !
    Anecdotal, mouth to mouth, research just isn’t good enough ! Mouth to something else, perhaps.

2. RyanInSacto says

@JackFknTwist: Don’t worry, my fine Irish pal. Based upon your posts here on Towleroad, I’ve never doubted that you could pitch a tent that we could all camp under. 😉 At the very least, you’ve got the bollocks of a bull.

3. Rick says

Silly, of course. Just like similar maps that claim to show different average penis sizes between states.

What is interesting, though, is why people engage in such exercises? Why do they seemingly WANT so desperately to believe that there is a difference in penis size between nationalities or between races or between regions of a country? Is there some profound underlying reason that would explain humanity’s (actually men’s) propensity to engage in war and in ritualized “war” (in the form of sports and other competitions)? Is there some core aspect of maleness/masculinity that drives all this?

I think so.

4. RyanInSacto says

The map is based upon compiled evidence from dozens of published studies.

http://www.everyoneweb.com/worldpenissize/ (click on data sources)

That said, these are *averages.* One should always be careful not to commit what’s known as “ecological fallacy.” That is, a single individual pulled at random from a population should not be assumed to possess the average characteristics of that population. Also, this map does not show standard deviation, so it is hard to know just how much variation exists among a given country or what the low-end and high-end of the range of sizes is in a given country.

Gosh, do I know how to take the fun out of something or what? 😉

5. Hendrik says

Being European (Dutch) and well travelled … I must say this map is quite accurate.

For you Americans here: In Europe we measure from the base of our todger upwards.

And NOT like you Americans from the hole (your arse hole) up.

So what you see as 9 inches in the USA is about 6 European inches. (chew on this boyz)

6. says

I’d say it’s right about the French but not about the Hungarians and the Russians (I’d switch those figures), and I have a lot more first hand evidence for those nationalities. And how could there be so many Romanian prostitutes if they’re so challenged? Nah… only partially correct, and Eastern Europe (as usual) is misrepresented.

7. just for fun, is it? says

I don’t want to take the fun out of it either, but since the average penis is about five inches (just a bit more) that means for every seven there’s a three.

Hardness matters too. A lot. Even more.

8. jack says

What a great job, traveling all around Europe measuring guys tools. I think Hungary should start doing some advertising in gay travel guides. Who knew those Magyars were so well endowed?

9. Stefan says

As a science PhD, I have just one comment: please tell me this didn’t get funding. Please. As hilarious as it is, I hate to think this got any financial support.

Of course, I once read a report about the effects of horse smegma on mice. Which is probably higher in France too.