News | Transgender

BigGayDeal.com

Trans Woman Beats Subway Rider for Calling Her a Man: VIDEO

Subway1

A video posted to YouTube shows a trans woman pursuing and then kicking and beating a man after he reportedly made a remark about her gender.

RagdollWrites the uploader of the video, titled 'TOSSED LIKE A RAG DOLL FOR TRYING IT!!!': "Morning after xmas on the nyc subway train, me and my girlfriends was walking to the train, dude shouted out 'thats a man' to my home girl and this is what happens when u disrespect a tranny in public".

Writes blogger TransGriot: "How many times have I warned you cispeople not to frack with transpeople?  It's not a good idea to get someone pissed off at you who not only has a little more strength than the average cis female, but is an estrogen based lifeform to boot. You also don't know how much bull feces that transperson may have gone through just trying to get through her day. Your attempt to make fun of them or disrespect them to prop up your own flagging self esteem may be the last straw that sets the transperson off and the next thing you know they're either reading you like a cheap novel, pulling out a can of whoop ass with your name on it or are doing both at the same time..."

Watch the video, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. So - a trans-woman said tranny...but, she's allowed to use it because she's a member of that minority...just checking.

Posted by: Leo | Dec 27, 2011 11:33:30 AM

2. Glorifying violence does just that. Nothing good comes of this, unfortunately.

Posted by: Jason | Dec 27, 2011 11:35:33 AM

3. Nope. Zero tolerance for physical violence goes both ways.

Posted by: d | Dec 27, 2011 11:38:38 AM

4. Yeah, guess she didn't get the tranny memo either.

Posted by: Paul R | Dec 27, 2011 11:40:12 AM

5. Now I'm just confused. Lance Bass gets excoriated for using the word "tranny", Dan Savage gets assaulted for simply repeating the word "tranny" when answering a question from his audience & yet no one says anything about the blatant self-hatred in a transperson using the word "tranny" in such a flippant tone?

That must be one complicated memo the Gay Mafia or whoever is in charge of these things anymore is sending out.

Posted by: Mike | Dec 27, 2011 11:40:22 AM

6. well I thought that Transexual looked like a REAL women.....I woulda never guessed- tho I would have never said nothing either

Posted by: Gay American | Dec 27, 2011 11:48:46 AM

7. I'm glad the ladies stood up for themselves. I'm also sad that this event happened to them. I hope they are ok. We all know from history that if it was 1 human being, who is trans, and a bunch of bigot-bully-cowards, they would not have left her alone until they beat, raped, killed her. It was an educational moment and he got off easy.

Posted by: Nigel | Dec 27, 2011 11:49:55 AM

8. Now let's all review:

In the above situation who's guilty of (possibly felony) assault? The rude person who tossed out an insult, or the other person, who took it to the physical?

Folks, this isn't just a discussion of social manners. We're talking criminal behavior. Caught on film.

Not to mention the seriously bad PR involved in trying to have "We're on a hair trigger and are a menace to public safety at the slightest provocation" be the message sent to the public at large.

If it's criminal for an anti-trans or anti-gay bigot to assault someone, then it's criminal for a pro-trans or pro-gay bigot to do the same. A hurled insult from a stranger doesn't warrant assault.

Posted by: Lymis | Dec 27, 2011 11:52:56 AM

9. Good for her!

Posted by: Guy78 | Dec 27, 2011 11:54:41 AM

10. I'm more appalled by the grammar used in the write ups than by the level of violence in the video.

Posted by: Tim NC | Dec 27, 2011 11:56:49 AM

11. I say good for her. It really *isn't* enough to apologize after you've called a transwoman "a man". The guy was trying to intimidate her and i hope he learned a lesson. I'm not generally for violence but I think it would be great if people thought twice before verbally assaulting LGBT people.

Also, in response to some of the commenters above; i still dont understand why people are so up in arms about not being able to use the word "tranny". could you imagine if straight people were having the same conversation you all are about the word "faggot"?

Posted by: mike128 | Dec 27, 2011 12:01:02 PM

12. It's better to be feared than victimized.

Posted by: Anastasia Beaverhausen | Dec 27, 2011 12:01:08 PM

13. There are ALWAYS some terms that may be used by members of a minority that are considered derogatory when used by members outside that group that should know better. Even in remote parts of China, there is a Buddhist tradition that members often refer to as "Hinayana", but that term is considered derogatory when used by others.

Just as you would respect someone you just met, you should refer to groups of people as they desire. That's how we all get along.

Posted by: Mike | Dec 27, 2011 12:02:19 PM

14. I agree with LYMIS. If a straight person attacked any LGBT person like that we'd all be up in arms. Assault is assault no matter who does it. The guy who threw out the insult is guilty of ignorance and stupidity. The woman who attacked him looks like she's guilty of assault. It's gotta cut both ways.

Posted by: SteveK | Dec 27, 2011 12:14:04 PM

15. If the jock whom shouted "That's a man!" threw the first punch, and the transgender lady hit back in defense, I'd feel very different about this video.

What ever happened to using a witty retort to disarm an ignorant comment?

The only lesson she has taught the loudmouth is to throw the first punch, next time around.

Posted by: Justin | Dec 27, 2011 12:14:30 PM

16. Throw. her. in. jail.
    I don't care who you are, violence is unacceptable in a public setting. Minorities don't get the right to it no matter how affected they are by insults. Everyone can't be ticking timebombs.

Posted by: unruly | Dec 27, 2011 12:14:44 PM

17. "I say these things lightly enough myself about myself, but I allow none other to utter them."
    -Cyrano de Bergerac

Posted by: RWG | Dec 27, 2011 12:15:58 PM

18. In New York State assault as defined in the New York State Penal Code Article 120, requires an actual injury.

Posted by: Mike | Dec 27, 2011 12:22:33 PM

19. Putting aside the legal implications and addressing those commenters who expressed sympathy and empathy: I don't think it is ever a good idea to physically attack someone if only name calling is involved. It appears the transgender woman runs after the man who allegedly called her the names. She may not be able to claim self defense. Suppose this guy had a weapon? What if this escalated? And now that it is online, there is evidence if the man comes forward to press charges. Thankfully, this ended before anything worse could happen.

I get that there is anger. We all have been called names in public before, but we use common sense and get out of the situation. This is just a vulgar display.

Posted by: Angela Channing | Dec 27, 2011 12:26:36 PM

20. How much do you want to bet he keeps his mouth shut next time?

I don't know much about transgender, but there's a comparison to be made between a woodchipper and a drag queen's Whirling Lee Press-On Nails of DEATH!

Posted by: Caliban | Dec 27, 2011 12:29:26 PM

21. Use your voice, not your fists. He was wrong for calling you a "man" but it doesn't warrant an ass whooping. You're the one committing the crime, not him. Shame on you.

Posted by: Judge Judy | Dec 27, 2011 12:29:39 PM

22. The real reason you don't see rasists calling blacks the "N word" is because they know they will be beat! I think we need more of this. This is the real world sometime you have to beat somebody's ass.

Posted by: Guy78 | Dec 27, 2011 12:37:01 PM

23. You can tell she wasn't seriously trying to hurt him, just scare him a little. We don't know the full story. Sometimes violence is necessary.

Posted by: macscruff | Dec 27, 2011 12:37:23 PM

24. Violence is violence, no matter what the reason. There's no justification for this.

She's lucky he didn't crack his head on the wall and she'd be looking at not only jail time but some heavy duty hospital bills to pay for. All because she lost her temper.

This isn't a good thing, just sad from any angle.

Posted by: johnny | Dec 27, 2011 12:37:53 PM

25. The transgender woman who fought never said the word tranny. Her friend did. Why did no one else catch this? I don't condone what she did. I did bring a smile to my face to see her stand up for herself.

Posted by: Spencer | Dec 27, 2011 12:38:55 PM