News | Ryan James Yezak | T.I.

BigGayDeal.com

Ryan James Yezak Has a Message for T.I.: VIDEO

Yezak

A couple weeks ago I posted the homophobic remarks by T.I. in Vibe magazine as well as his appearance on TMZ defending them. If you missed it, catch up HERE and HERE.

Or you could watch this clip from Ryan James Yezak, who tells me T.I.'s comments bothered him so much that he felt compelled to make this video in response.

Check it out, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Who cares what T.I. says? He's just another typical "urban" moron who (to my knowledge) hasn't had a hit in a couple of years. He sure as hell isn't going to listen to some guy with gayface.

Posted by: Adam | Dec 7, 2011 10:10:52 AM

2. I think people should relax. TI didn't say anything other than people should have freedom of speech. It's not like he was advocating hate speech.

Posted by: JP | Dec 7, 2011 10:13:18 AM

3. Thanks @JP but I don't need you or a junkie rapper telling me what to get offended by.

Posted by: Jerry | Dec 7, 2011 10:15:46 AM

4. The message is a good one. But the music in the background (or should I say foreground) is SO damn annoying and nerve-racking, I could only get through half the video.

Posted by: David in Houston | Dec 7, 2011 10:26:19 AM

5. @Jerry it's fine if you're offended, I just so happen to think you're overreacting. And terms like "junkie rapper" and "urban moron" have such a ridiculous amount of racial undertone that it's ridiculous. It's really unsettling that everytime an African American says something the gays don't like we immediately go to insulting them in a not so subtle racial manner. SMH

Posted by: JP | Dec 7, 2011 10:26:21 AM

6. @Adam, why not be more blunt with your thinly veiled racism and just call him a black moron. Don't hide behind your euphemism, as you hide behind your computer screen.

@JP I suppose you feel all rappers, or musicians are junkies. Just like all gays are bitter and have chips on our shoulders huh?

I guess hypocracy is the new black this winter.

Posted by: Brandon | Dec 7, 2011 10:27:07 AM

7. Brandon...it wasn't me that said that. I was quoting Jerry.

Posted by: JP | Dec 7, 2011 10:32:38 AM

8. It's hard to be intelligent, opinionated and entertaining at the same time, and this pulls it off. Well done!

Posted by: Jack | Dec 7, 2011 10:35:10 AM

9. I am talking specifically about TI and his wife Tameka and their multiple drug related arrests, not just generalizations about rappers. I dont know any rappers, but so far Im underwhelmed by their ability to do anything other than reprocess other peoples music and to utter the phrases "yeah" and "oh" over and over again in a song. That goes for rappers of ANY color.

Posted by: JWL | Dec 7, 2011 10:39:28 AM

10. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Posted by: Gigi | Dec 7, 2011 10:40:07 AM

11. Terrible, you just sound hurt and aggressive.

You know, something that has bothered me about this scandal; Did anyone corroborate the initial story of the Tracy Morgan jokes? Someone not in any way related to the person complaining? Someone who can confirm that those were the jokes said?

My problem with it is this, Why would he be so unfunny? I can't imagine anyone laughing, as the jokes that were reported weren't even trying to be funny. Not saying he didn't have a "too-far" anti-gay stand up moment, I just want more proof that he actually flew these terrible, unfunny jokes.

Posted by: Fenrox | Dec 7, 2011 10:43:25 AM

12. I love how people here are pointing out that T.I. was advocating freedom of speech yet these same people don't want this man to express himself through such freedom. Ironic much?

Posted by: Mario | Dec 7, 2011 10:45:39 AM

13. FENROX, he said them in from of a packed crowd in Memphis TN. Of course there were plenty of witnesses, and plenty of them commented on it. HE HIMSELF ADMITTED TO IT YOU IDIOT. Im sorry that you are SUPER late to that particular party, but that has been settled. Morgan more than apologized for it, and we've moved on to a new moron.

Posted by: JWL | Dec 7, 2011 10:52:46 AM

14. Jesus Christ.

"Freedom of speech" and the First Amendment do not say what you think they say. The First Amendment prohibits Congress (and through the Fourteenth Amendment) the states from making a law that abridges the right to free speech.

Nothing in either 1A or 14A prohibits private citizens from, among other things, posting YouTube rebuttals, taking out ads in newspapers, lobbying, boycotting, or otherwise making a stink in the public media.

What it actually prohibits is Congress from making a law that would make it a crime for a citizen to do any of those things, bearing in mind the time, place and manner restrictions, and the case law found in, Brandenburg v. Ohio, et. al.

TI misapprehends what 1A is and so do most of you.

Posted by: 1A | Dec 7, 2011 11:01:39 AM

15. "air quotes"?

ughhhhhhhhh

the point might be valid but "air quotes" turn off listeners

Posted by: say what | Dec 7, 2011 11:03:47 AM

16. Well if anyone is referring to me...I didn't say the guy shouldn't have made the video. I havent even mentioned it. I'm only saying in general I think the reactions to TI have been a bit overdone especially since we have potential president that are upset that our President wants gays around the world to have basic civil rights. That seems like something more worthy of our Ire than a niche rapper giving his opinion on an old event.

Posted by: JP | Dec 7, 2011 11:07:21 AM

17. @Brandon: let's have a reality check - the VAST majority of rappers hate gays. Period. It's sad you feel the need to defend such losers. And PS - I'm not "hiding" at all. Who publishes all their personal info on a site like this? Why don't you start by posting your full name, address and phone number, brutha.

Posted by: Adam | Dec 7, 2011 11:10:43 AM

18. @1A: Yea, I'm sort of boggled by the logical leap between 'Freedom of speech' and 'Freedom from consequence'. If the latter were true, it would bite us worse than the anti-gay folks, for the most part.

Posted by: Curt | Dec 7, 2011 12:21:36 PM

19. Thank you, 1A--It is unbelievable how many people don't understand what freedom of speech means. What TI said is completely ignorant. Tracy Morgan has, had and will have his freedom of speech. There is no GOVERNMENT CENSORSHIP of his comments. But he doesn't have freedom from rebuttal. No one does. Because that would mean that all of his critics don't have freedom of speech. See how that works, folks?

@JP--"It's not like he was advocating hate speech."
    But that's exactly what he was doing. He wants Tracy Morgan and others to be able to utter hate speech without anyone "trying to shut them down"....in other words, that hate speech should go unchallenged. That is advocating hate speech. duh.

Posted by: StillmarriedinCA | Dec 7, 2011 12:51:50 PM

20. God...us gays are just sooooo.
    Racist....
    I just can't even put into words how disappointing this community is.

What the man said was stupid and reeks of hetero privilege, but god. The white privilege in this place is just sickening, and the not the RuPaul-fierce sickening, just plain vile, ill-inducing disappointment.

White people making vast assumption about a culture they know absolutely NOTHING about and using the occasional video on MTV to act as their qualifications about an entire genre of music, that has dozens of its own subcultures.

Just....ugh

Posted by: Asher | Dec 7, 2011 12:53:25 PM

21. Great video! More people should do that!

Also, the volume of your "background" music is too loud. Can you please upload with it turned down, so your words are clearer?... If you're reading these comments :)

GREAT VIDEO!

Posted by: Hollywood, CA | Dec 7, 2011 12:53:32 PM

22. @Asher--there are a very few racist idiots that love to deposit the garbage in their heads on these threads... they do not represent the gay community in any significant way. Not the gay community I know. Do not extrapolate what some ugly troll who can post anonymously says into "us gays". It's tempting but it's not right.

Posted by: StillmarriedinCA | Dec 7, 2011 12:59:43 PM

23. "The white privilege in this place is just sickening."

Commenting about some ignorant, misogynist, a-hole rapper does mean people have "white privilege." They're just pointing out that this guy (and most rappers in general) suck. Period.

Posted by: Adam | Dec 7, 2011 1:03:24 PM

24. I fail to see how calling a mysoginistic rapper who's been repeatedly arrested for drugs a junkie can be construed as racist.

Posted by: Jerry | Dec 7, 2011 1:27:12 PM

25. @Adam...you're the one with a problem, using "gayface" to describe James makes you another homophobic moron.

@JP...you might want to actually read what Tracy Morgan and TI actually said before saying people should relax. James is on target with his response. If Tracy and TI were gay men using the "n-word" I have no doubt what their response would receive from them would have been.

Bigotry is bigotry no matter what shade you want to paint it.

Posted by: AnitaValium | Dec 7, 2011 1:33:18 PM