Reality TV | Republican Party | Survivor

Gay Republican to Compete in New Season of 'Survivor': VIDEO

Colton

The new cast of Survivor: One World has been announced. It includes a gay Republican, who's being billed as 'the villain':

Of course, no Survivor is complete without a villain, and Probst says this season’s baddie comes in the form of gay Republican Colton Cumbie. “He doesn’t know it, but he is a full-on villain. He thinks he’s the most charming guy ever. He’s a devil and I don’t even think he’s disguised.”

Watch a video featuring the new cast, and a contestantl clip featuring Colton,
AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Im surprised its still on TV, but Im certainly not watching it. It was bad enough when they had the anti-gay old man on the Africa season (that was the last time I watched it) but Ill be damned if Im gonna watch some GAY republican twinkie idiot with absolutely no life experience or knowledge on their either. pitiful.

Posted by: JWL | Jan 18, 2012 11:50:51 AM

2. Geo-blocked, but I'm sure I'm not missing anything.

Posted by: sylvatica | Jan 18, 2012 11:52:40 AM

3. Big surprise, she's a big hot mess! This is just another reason not to watch.

Posted by: Matt | Jan 18, 2012 11:59:43 AM

4. Very interesting post! Thanks a lot for it.

Posted by: research papers | Jan 18, 2012 12:00:48 PM

5. Now I have a reason not to watch it.

Posted by: truthiness | Jan 18, 2012 12:01:38 PM

6. Gay republicans are villains.

Posted by: FernLaPlante | Jan 18, 2012 12:04:52 PM

7. I have a feeling that when Colton thinks he is making someone's life a 'living hell', that they are laughing at him behind his back.

Posted by: peterparker | Jan 18, 2012 12:13:43 PM

8. I have never missed an episode of Survivor, thanks to vcr's and now DVR BUT this is one season that i will gladly MISS!! To think that the Gay Community will be presented by not just a Gay man but A GAY REPUGNANT!! NO WAY!!

Posted by: aj | Jan 18, 2012 12:18:07 PM

9. Gay Republican - isn't that a kind of anthropological speak for a similar term...like...Giant Pygmy?

Posted by: Jay | Jan 18, 2012 12:24:03 PM

10. The responses here are so predictable. Guess what, ladies? Some of us actually use our minds and have opinions of our own and don't believe that because we're gay, we MUST be super duper liberal. While I obviously support gay marriage and other social causes, I'm fiscally conservative and am moderate on most other issues. If you're so liberal, fine. But respect that fact that not all of us want to suck off Obama, no matter how mediocre he is.

Posted by: LJames | Jan 18, 2012 12:29:08 PM

11. Why is this show still on TV?

Posted by: Ted | Jan 18, 2012 12:36:08 PM

12. ^ FREAK^ Money matters more than equality and justice I suppose.

Posted by: realitythink | Jan 18, 2012 12:38:51 PM

13. Quit crying. Survivor has all sorts of villains. Last season the biggest villain was a raging Christian. It's all in who u end up with. I have only missed 2 seasons of its entire run. Here's hoping there's no damn returning players and no redemption island this season.

Posted by: AJ | Jan 18, 2012 12:42:43 PM

14. Gay republican = oxymoron! Most of them suffer from Stockholm Syndrome, loving their oppressors by constantly voting for and supporting them.

Posted by: Robert in NYC | Jan 18, 2012 12:49:49 PM

15. They should have gotten Chris Barron instead of this guy. Colton Cumbie opened his mouth and I nearly started to gag. At least Chris sounds like a man.

For those of you who hate gay Republicans more than you hate yourself, why don't you do the 'tolerant' thing and resort to violence, the same way those thugs went after Taylor Garrett of A-list Dallas.

Gay Democrats, how dare you go after another gay man. We take care of our own. Don't be a vicious queen. Because it says more about you than anyone else.

Gay Democrats can hold on the fact that Fred Phelps, Democrat, is taking care of you inside of your own party.

Posted by: Alan | Jan 18, 2012 12:52:11 PM

16. @James Look at New Hampshire that voted in all those Republicans based on the economy. The Republicans now say you must have wanted gay marriage repeal, that's why you voted them in. Now look at the money being spent to fight something that was already settled. You're dreaming if you think gay rights issues are settled enough not for them to make major changes in your life.

Just think about a couple of Supreme Court openings that may be coming up. Every Republican presidential candidate will also defend DOMA & will owe the Evangelicals something. I guess you have your own mind. It just seems to be a very self centered one.

Posted by: sara | Jan 18, 2012 12:59:13 PM

17. Mark Burnett, the producer of Survivor is an anti-gay evangelical christian. He is close friends with that horse faced bigot Joel Osteen. No self respecting gay would watch that trash.

Posted by: gaylib | Jan 18, 2012 1:00:00 PM

18. We've never been a fan of Survivor so this show won't cross our airwaves. There are fools everywhere but no bigger fool then a gay Republican.

Posted by: OS2Guy | Jan 18, 2012 1:09:10 PM

19. Shocker...is Mark Burnett really anti-gay and a retro-Christian? Never heard that before. He has certainly included a lot of appealing gay peope in the Survivor shows, which are mostly outstanding "experiences" for viewer and contestants alike. Yes, please, no more returning contestants...now, however, a gay republican? Sounds good. Just have them get Little Kiwi on the same show with him...can you imagine...OMG...the blood,,,the gore...the fun?

Posted by: uffda | Jan 18, 2012 1:17:43 PM

20. Don't forget, Burnett is responsible for the Sarah Palin reality show too.

Posted by: Paulie | Jan 18, 2012 1:25:36 PM

21. It's amazing to me to see the intolerance to different viewpoints in the comments. Being a Republican does not make one evil. It just means that of all the variables that come into plan when choosing a party, someone chooses a party on more than social issues. Also, for those not familiar, Northeast Republicans are usually socially moderate, pro-gay, and fiscally conservative. I count myself as a Northeast Republican having grown up in NYC and now living in Boston.

I am consistently bewildered by some people's automatic deference to the Democratic Party. Perhaps it would behoove some to be less intolerant of those who choose to support one party over the other.

Posted by: Greg | Jan 18, 2012 1:36:29 PM

22. Does the gay republican show off his moobs? Then I'll watch.

Posted by: MARCUS BACHMANN | Jan 18, 2012 1:38:34 PM

23. Thanks, Greg. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Posted by: LJames | Jan 18, 2012 2:02:03 PM

24. I appreciate it LJAMES. Are you as bummed as I am that McCain/Palin lost? We fought so hard for those two patriots to lead our country and now look at the mess we're in. Will you pray with me? I love you.

Posted by: GREG | Jan 18, 2012 2:20:55 PM

25. Gay + twinkie + Republican (circa 2012) = villain? Say it ain't so. Just one more reason I typically don't watch so-called "reality" TV shows.

OTOH, the villain moniker does make an awful lot of sense seeing how the contemporary Rethuggist Party hates our guts. I don't care what other Rethuggies write on this post, you can't support a party that deplores and loathes your lifestyle and then claim Dems have a problem because of Obama. Be fiscally conservative all you want but when you claim the Republican mantle, you've gone too far in your self-loathing.

Posted by: HadenoughBS | Jan 18, 2012 2:23:19 PM