Cindy Jacobs | Family Research Council | Gay Marriage | Harry Jackson | Maryland | News

Bishop Harry Jackson Leads Freakish 'Family Research Council' Gathering Against Gay Marriage: VIDEO

Jackson

Anti-gay crusader Bishop Harry Jackson spoke at a Family Research Council-hosted event with wingnut Cindy Jacobs over the weekend to raise money to fight Maryland's marriage equality efforts, Right Wing Watch reports:

JacksonAs a favorite of both the traditional Religious Right groups and the “prophets” and “apostles” of the New Apostolic Reformation—Jackson has openly embraced NAR’s Seven Mountains Dominionism mantra—it was only fitting that Jackson made a surprise appearance at last night’s event, “A Gathering of Eagles,” hosted by the FRC and NAR prophetess Cindy Jacobs’ Generals International...

...He urged people at the church to pray against “the power of the Queen of Heaven, the ruling principality over this region that has created perversion, collusion and division.” Jackson called the legalization of same-sex marriage “an assault” and said “The Enemy wants it to be a legacy, or a seed that is planted in this generation that corrupts, perverts and pollutes” society. He then led the congregation in praying in tongues, and said “we agree together that the Queen of Heaven has no authority over Maryland” and that they will bring down the Queen of Heaven who led to the “perversion of doctrine, perversion of morals and perversion of ethics in D.C.”

Check out the insanity, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. The Queen of Heaven is the Virgin Mary. I wonder what mythical devil-woman they have in their deluded heads? I hope they don't get to the point where they break out the Kool Aid!

Posted by: Jack M | Jan 5, 2012 2:09:28 PM

2. Who the f*ck is the Queen of Heaven??? I guess he just made this crap up??? Hilarious and sad at the same time (love that!)

But note ALL THE EMPTY SEATS at this cult meeting. 'Nuf said. And as this dimwit says "there's not enough money coming in..." hmmm...maybe because that's God's devine plan, to put you creepy souls out of business.

BTW, the speaking in tongues, nice touch but an old one, Snake Oil Salesman.

Posted by: Bart | Jan 5, 2012 2:11:38 PM

3. And I thought I'd seen it all! This is pure insanity - speaking in tongues, my ass!

Posted by: John Freeman | Jan 5, 2012 2:15:46 PM

4. I think he just acknowledged the existence of The Goddess!

Posted by: Mike | Jan 5, 2012 2:15:51 PM

5. "Cheese-us"???? Sounds like a Wisconsin chant. The blessed ever-virgin mary is going to be pissed about this and you don't want to know what happens when Cheese-us's momma gets pissed! And that 'speaking-in-tongues' business, while it remains a cult favorite, is just plain silly.

Posted by: Alex Parrish | Jan 5, 2012 2:18:41 PM

6. So I'm assuming "Bishop" is a title he pulled straight of his @ss, like "Bishop" Eddie Long?

Posted by: Caliban | Jan 5, 2012 2:19:05 PM

7. Yep, I always understood that The Queen of Heaven was Mary. So, they're saying that JC's Mama is on our side? Cool! Crazy, absolutely, but cool also

Posted by: Rob | Jan 5, 2012 2:21:56 PM

8. Harry Jackson needs to get off the crack or whatever it is he's smoking. In any case, he needs to watch what he says. The Bible says that slavery is OK, Harry.

Posted by: jason | Jan 5, 2012 2:28:14 PM

9. WTF?

Posted by: Modern Meet | Jan 5, 2012 2:29:52 PM

10. I don't get it. He told the DC Council and the DC Board of Elections (with a signed affidavit) that he was a DC resident and therefore allowed to challenge our marriage equality law. Did he conveniently move back to Maryland?

Posted by: Erich | Jan 5, 2012 2:43:03 PM

11. These people really are crazy. Really! You'd think that after all my years of being exposed to this dipshittery, I would have become numb to it, but I remain just as aghast now as I was 40 years ago when I realized people like this were just fuckin' nuts.

Posted by: justinw | Jan 5, 2012 2:44:58 PM

12. Bishop Harry Jackson Gay Sex Scandal in 5-4-3-2-. . .

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Jan 5, 2012 2:47:21 PM

13. Excuse me, Bishop Jackson: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_of_Heaven

Posted by: Mona | Jan 5, 2012 2:56:31 PM

14. I think maybe he's referring to one of Gaga's outfits?

Posted by: Butch | Jan 5, 2012 2:57:23 PM

15. Ms. Jackson is just jealous becuas SHE wants to be Queen of Heaven.

Posted by: gaylib | Jan 5, 2012 2:57:39 PM

16. @ DAVID EHRENSTEIN...you beat me to it!

Posted by: Chris | Jan 5, 2012 2:58:52 PM

17. Hope the day comes soon when self-loathing closet cases who hide behind their psychotic ramblings(aka religious brainwashing) and their macho pretend hetero posturing actually just admit to being gay instead of spending their and energy being jealous and attempting to destroy others freedoms. "Bishop" Harry Jackson is the only "Queen" I see in this story.

Posted by: SFshawn | Jan 5, 2012 3:06:32 PM

18. Speaking in tongues? Didn't St. Paul say that there was supposed to be an interpreter? Amazing that this guy gets any money at all, but there is a sucker born every minute.

Posted by: Joel | Jan 5, 2012 3:07:27 PM

19. Anyone want to start a betting pool on how long it'll take the young boys to start coming forward with their tales of lavish gifts, bubble baths and late nights of furnished alcohol?

Posted by: Michael | Jan 5, 2012 3:22:55 PM

20. Say what you will about us Catholics...but we are not as batshit crazy as some. And the whole speaking in tongues crap...well what can one say....?

Posted by: pedro | Jan 5, 2012 3:56:07 PM

21. Blacks...

Posted by: toddy | Jan 5, 2012 4:00:53 PM

22. @ Mona & everybody else

Isis is the queen of heaven

declared so in 155 CE

mary was not officially declared queen of heaven till 431 CE at the council of ephesus

276 yr diff

logically one can imagine what really happened....the power of the cult of Isis was a powerful counter force to the growing xtian church and they could not rid the masses of their honoring Isis so they merged mary to Isis

Posted by: say what | Jan 5, 2012 4:17:50 PM

23. I think I am going to legal change my name to:
    "His Holiness the Most High Eternal Godhead"
    and start making snarky videos against these people.

Posted by: Hunter Pastare | Jan 5, 2012 4:20:29 PM

24. he's the next Bishop Eddie Long!

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Jan 5, 2012 4:26:18 PM

25. I certainly thought that "Queen of Heaven" reference was an anti-Catholic slam. Pretty ironic, considering Maryland (where Mr. Jackson sometimes claims to live) was founded in part to give religious freedom to Roman Catholics.

Posted by: CPT_Doom | Jan 5, 2012 5:03:41 PM