Adam Lambert | Ellen DeGeneres | News

Adam Lambert Brings Boyfriend, Performs New Single on 'Ellen' VIDEO

Adam_lambert

Adam Lambert appeared on Ellen with his boyfriend Sauli Koskinen and talked about his new album and the drunken fight the couple had over the holidays in Finland, and what they learned from it.

"I was a lttle irresponsible. And I think what I learned from the experience was that I owe it to myself, to my loved ones, and to my fans to be a little more adult and pull it together."

Lambert also performed his new single "Better Than I Know Myself".

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Koskinen

Comments

1. It's too bad he doesn't screech very much in this song.

He really put my mind on the edge.

Posted by: patrick | Jan 20, 2012 10:14:01 AM

2. So do you think he and his boyfriend just get up every day and get into contests over who can look more like a long-lost member of A Flock of Seagulls or Kajagoogoo?

Posted by: Paul R | Jan 20, 2012 10:18:31 AM

3. I am not a fan of his but I liked it. Having a gay out proud and upfront should be a positive for our community. Instead of knocking him for his style we should embrace him for his individuality and self expression. We get enough attacks from our enemies we should not be eating our own!

Posted by: Awesome | Jan 20, 2012 11:25:00 AM

4. I just love Ellen for doing stuff like this and I did see the show. I was not a big Adam fan prior but he won me over by handling the situation and addressed the audience directly, explaining how hard it is being an openly gay singer and celebrity and the scrutiny he is under. Ellen does for the gay community as Oprah does for the African American community and that is a great asset to all gay people. Would Letterman or Leno booked Lambert on for a song and interview? Not likely, whereas Ellen makes sure he has a forum to explain himself.

And, I liked his song and his voice. I thought his boyfriend was very cute and they seem like a good match. If I recall the boyfriend was a Big Brother winner in The Netherlands and no sluff to the limelight himself.

Posted by: OS2Guy | Jan 20, 2012 11:38:58 AM

5. While I agree with what you said, OS2guy, just think to point out that he was on Leno on Tuesday to perform, and has had sit downs on during previous album. But at any rate, positive exposure for anyone in the LGBT communities should always be looked at as a plus.

Posted by: LiamB | Jan 20, 2012 11:51:53 AM

6. Adam isn't screeching. He singing. Quite well, actually. His hair and outfit aside, the tongue-out thing isn't some flashy rock stylization, it's vocal technique. He sustains an Eb in this song, which is even difficult for many female singers.
    Give the guy a break. He's singing way above the staff here.

Posted by: Blaine | Jan 20, 2012 12:02:29 PM

7. DeGeneres is a fantastic interviewer. Watch your back Barbara Walters!

Posted by: DiatribesAndOvationsTo | Jan 20, 2012 12:27:11 PM

8. I love having to change my mind and Lambert has now made me do so. This song is an outstanding display of vocal talent and range, way more that I imagined he could manage.

He is also that growing phenomena, The American Gay Guy writ rather large, along with NPH and Ellen herself, as noted above by OS2GUY. What a fascinating development it all is, and being part of it is amazing.

Posted by: uffda | Jan 20, 2012 12:35:21 PM

9. Now if only Lady Gaga could dress down a bit so I could take her more seriously; Adam has done a nice job in this area and looks hot, versus a bit androgynous.

Posted by: Drew | Jan 20, 2012 12:38:20 PM

10. Great interview and have always been a fan. BUT, do people that young need to wear so much foundation? There is glam and there is not looking like plastic. They don't have to be the same.

Posted by: zeddy | Jan 20, 2012 3:24:49 PM

11. @Zeddy - He has quite a bad complexion he covers.

Posted by: Charles | Jan 20, 2012 3:44:33 PM

12. Who's the hottie to the right of Sauli?

Posted by: TomTallis | Jan 20, 2012 11:24:11 PM

13. @TOMTALLIS That´s Adam´s brother Neil.

Posted by: Ted | Jan 21, 2012 12:48:02 AM