Cee Lo Green | LMFAO | Madonna | News | Super Bowl

BigGayDeal.com

LMFAO, Cee Lo Green Rumored to Join Madonna at Super Bowl

Cee Lo Green is rumored to be performing with Madonna at the Super Bowl, MTV reports:

MAccording to sources, the singer has asked "The Voice" judge to perform with her at the February 5 show. "The Insider" reports that he's been flying to New York to rehearse with the pop icon. The sources add that he will contribute his signature flair to some of her classic tunes.

MIA and Nicki Minaj have already been floated as possible guest performers.

Meanwhile, will.i.am is reportedly saying that LMFAO is performing with Madonna: "I’m going to the Super Bowl this year to see my group LMFAO perform with Madonna Check that out, Will.i.am Music Group is pretty freaking two for two. One year the Super Bowl the next year another group part of the Super Bowl in collaboration with Madonna. That’s still happening."

Madonna joins Anderson Cooper February 2 on his daytime show.

A preview of that, plus Madonna talks about the Super Bowl at her W.E. premiere,
AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Ugh, how awful. LMFAO is a friggin' joke.

WTF Madonna? You'd think she'd rise above this crap.

Posted by: endo | Jan 26, 2012 11:21:14 AM

2. Darnit! I need to stay off these blogs. Nothing is ever a surprise anymore. On the plus, I can avoid the LMFAO portion of the show.

Posted by: Chuy | Jan 26, 2012 11:37:52 AM

3. According to the website it's Thursday, Feb. 2 for Madonna on Anderson.

Posted by: TC | Jan 26, 2012 11:43:18 AM

4. BORING!

The only reason I watch the Super Bowl is for the half time show. Guess I won't be watching at all!!!

Posted by: Guy | Jan 26, 2012 11:46:02 AM

5. Will they all be lip-syncing?
    I'm not bashing her BUT: She does NOT SING LIVE. She won't be singing live at this event. I wonder if she's bringing in others who will perform live to kind distract from her not.
    I agree with GUY.

Posted by: JimmyD | Jan 26, 2012 12:05:31 PM

6. what a mess. half-time show producers must be getting nervous. why is the question. it's the Super Bowl, folks, not the Golden Globes.

Posted by: UWSGUY | Jan 26, 2012 12:24:44 PM

7. Give me a break. Madonna sings live all the time. Honestly, quite a lot of the time in concert she sounds, eh, rough, to put it mildly. I like it that way. Now, not to say her concerts don't have portions that are either lipsynced or heavily backed by prerecorded vocals/back up singers. Look up her VMA performance of Ray of Light, I think its 1998. Yeah...unfortunately she was defiantely singing live. Listen to some of the Youtube videos of her last concerts. She puts on a hell of a show. It cracks me up how people claim she is just like Britney Spears. What a joke. Also, don't look at her recent dvd releases of the concerts. Those are more or less a fun music video version of the show. I really wish she would stop putting the concerts out like this. Both the Confessions Tour and Sticky and Sweet are comprised of two nights of shooting. Every scene you see is made up of different angles from two different shows. I prefer the release of the Drowned World Tour from '01. It was the recording from HBO. One night, one shot deal. The music video versions of concerts just back up the notion that she is lipsyncing the full show. It's an entirely different experience when you see her live.

Posted by: E | Jan 26, 2012 12:28:52 PM

8. sigh. madonna has always put out good product. im thinking that this supebowl performance will be pretty good in comparison to the ones of years past. i mean come on, the black eyed peas were HORRIBLE. i just think it is funny to see and read how much madonna still divides people. any publicity is good publicty in my book.

cant wait for the the 5th!

Posted by: Sean Pen | Jan 26, 2012 1:54:50 PM

9. LMFAO, Cee Lo Green, Nicki Whorenaj, M.I.A., the Indianapolis Gay Men's Chorus, and Madonna...what a complete mess! Not only does that not mesh together, but Vadge will just end up being a background singer while all the others drown her out.

This shouldn't even be considered Vadge's performance anymore. It should be called The Various Artists Superbowl Performance.

Posted by: Stupid | Jan 27, 2012 2:08:19 AM