Elizabeth Warren | Jon Stewart | News

BigGayDeal.com

Jon Stewart Interviews MA Senate Hopeful Elizabeth Warren: VIDEO

Warren_stewart

Consumer advocate Elizabeth Warren, who is running against Republican Scott Brown for the U.S. Senate in Massachusetts, sits down with Stewart to talk about government's role in the private sector, and reinvesting in the middle class.

Says Warren: "The people who are sucking up the real resources in this country are the people who can hire the lobbyists, and unfortunately America's middle class doesn't have lobbyists fighting for them."

Warren also knows who's going to get spanked in the Super Bowl.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Part 2:

Comments

1. I love Elizabeth Warren. I applied for a job on the West coast late last year that would have had me moving out there early this year, and really and for true one of the big twangs of "should I really do this?" was that I wouldn't be able to vote for her in November. (I didn't get the job anyway, so hooray!)

This video is a fantastic tribute to her; it was billed as a "satire" but its really not: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu61aU4N8mM

Posted by: NaughtyLola | Jan 25, 2012 8:55:13 AM

2. I'm from Massachusetts and I'm proud to say it when I listen to Elizabeth Warren. She's got my vote. We need people with her vision and experience and the fire in her belly.

Posted by: norseman | Jan 25, 2012 9:10:50 AM

3. Man, I can't wait to see her debate the extremely dim Scott Brown.

Posted by: TonyG | Jan 25, 2012 9:16:18 AM

4. I don't understand the love for Warren. Take a look at her TARP involvement and so on. It's completely opposite to what she's supposedly campaigning for. Her claims about standing for the people seem completely fake.

Posted by: Nun | Jan 25, 2012 9:24:43 AM

5. I want her to get her senate term over with so she can run for president. We desperately need her at this point.

Posted by: MT | Jan 25, 2012 9:40:37 AM

6. I agree, wonderful woman, who has a mission. I wish her all the success! And yeah, vote for her.

Posted by: Matt26 | Jan 25, 2012 9:42:30 AM

7. @nun - your timeline is a little off. most of tarp was in place and had been executed upon before EW was asked to participate in creating a watchdog overseer agency.

Posted by: MikeBoston | Jan 25, 2012 9:56:35 AM

8. Oops - I forgot to mention...

EW is a hero to me. She definitely has my vote.

Posted by: MikeBoston | Jan 25, 2012 9:57:09 AM

9. did anybody else notice the LONGGGGGGGGGGGGG hug/ hold of Obama's with Scott Brown as obama entered for the State of the Union.

:-P Rachel Maddow mentioned it was totally strategic as in to turn off repub base to Brown due to closeness to obama

:-P

Posted by: say what | Jan 25, 2012 10:00:14 AM

10. I do not live in Massachusetts, but I sent money to Elizabeth Warren's campaign fund.

Posted by: trees | Jan 25, 2012 10:06:45 AM

11. Poster NUN = sock puppet against Warren? Links or specifics or GTFO.

Posted by: evan | Jan 25, 2012 10:18:34 AM

12. Nun = Jason.

Posted by: Larry | Jan 25, 2012 2:30:48 PM

13. ""The people who are sucking up the real resources in this country are the people who can hire the lobbyists, and unfortunately America's middle class doesn't have lobbyists fighting for them."

I agree with Warren and I support her, but that's just ridiculous. The AARP, the AFL-CIO and the VFW are three of the most influential lobbies in Washington. All looking out for middle-class interests.

Posted by: BABH | Jan 25, 2012 2:33:04 PM

14. Dream Ticket:

Elizabeth Warren - Al Franken

President & Vice President, 2016

Posted by: johnny | Jan 25, 2012 5:02:51 PM

15. Yeah, if I can't have Christopher Meloni and George Eads, I'll take Elizabeth Warren and Al Franken any ol day. Dream ticket. And I get to sit with Barney Frank and Bernie Sanders at the Inauguration. Back off the rest of you bitches.

Posted by: Rob | Jan 25, 2012 10:10:11 PM