Don't Ask, Don't Tell | Military

A Marine Comes Home

Homecoming

Above: A pic of the homecoming of Brandon Morgan, of the United States Marines Corps, posted to the Gay Marines Facebook page yesterday. It's now got 1,000 comments and 800 shares.

The Marines involved are Morgan and Dalan Wells.

Thanks to Joe.My.God for forwarding it along. He's also found this statement, from Mr. Morgan's own Facebook page:

To everyone who has responded in a positive way. My partner and I want to say thank you. Dalan, the giant in the photo, can't believe how many shares and likes we have gotten on this. We didn't do this to get famous,or something like that we did this cause after 3 deployments and four years knowing each other, we finally told each other how we felt. As for the haters, let em hate...to quote Kat Williams, everyone needs haters, so let them hate. We are the happiest we have ever been and as for the whole PDA and kissing slash hugging in uniform...it was a homecoming, if the Sergeants Major, Captains, Majors, and Colonels around us didn't care...then why do you care what these random people have to say? In summation thank you for your love and support. I received a lot of friend requests off this. I don't just accept requests so if your request was because of this post message me and let me know. Goodnight all, and Semper Fi." --Brandon Morgan

Comments

1. This is the picture I've been waiting for! Now it's gonna be a real good day.

Posted by: uffda | Feb 26, 2012 12:10:38 PM

2. This picture made the tumblr rounds yesterday, and I also saw it on someone's personal facebook page, but I don't think it was either men in the photo. I can't be sure because it doesn't state the partner's name. From my understanding this glorious event took place in Kansas City, Missouri.

Posted by: CD | Feb 26, 2012 12:11:02 PM

3. The FB page got taken down :(. Prob because bigots reported it.

Posted by: Tonez | Feb 26, 2012 12:16:35 PM

4. So sweet. Though I am not sure which man is the "giant." They both look about even.

But I am a terrible judge of height. I'm guessing the guy on the left?

Posted by: Paul R | Feb 26, 2012 12:18:28 PM

5. What a great picture. Blessings on both of them and thank you, Brandon, for your service.

Posted by: Dev | Feb 26, 2012 12:20:02 PM

6. Tonez: Hmmm. I just revisited the page, and it still seems to be up. Try again? Paul R: Ya, the guy on the left. - BKT

Posted by: Brandon K. Thorp | Feb 26, 2012 12:20:39 PM

7. I love the photo. I saw it on Facebook and then, moments later, saw an old photograph on Tumblr with almost the exact same sentiment, only the heterosexual version. Putting them together seemed to me to sum up how much times have changed and how much love stays the same: http://tmblr.co/Zn4zKyH403lv

Posted by: Ernie | Feb 26, 2012 12:35:14 PM

8. Feel good pic of the day - or is it the year?

Posted by: TJ | Feb 26, 2012 12:42:30 PM

9. If guys like this can make it work, then anyone can make any relationship work. What a cool photo, and a great story.

By the way, notice the family behind them, oblivious, and probably okay with it. Military families know the deal.

Posted by: Greg | Feb 26, 2012 12:53:10 PM

10. Here's a clue: Brndon is wearing a lei. So I think this remarkable and touching reunion took place in my Aloha state.

Posted by: Paul in Honolulu | Feb 26, 2012 1:07:00 PM

11. What we have been waiting for. Hope to see more pictures like this one.

Posted by: PatricknChuck | Feb 26, 2012 1:20:53 PM

12. Naturally I see two men. But first of all I see LOVE.

Posted by: Matt26 | Feb 26, 2012 1:27:08 PM

13. OMG this picture should've had a disclaimer! I almost died of AWWWWW overload! Lovely couple, you can really feel that they love each other. And again, AWWWWWW!

Posted by: Dev | Feb 26, 2012 1:32:41 PM

14. OK, I'm still totally twitterpated over this picture, but go to the Gay Marines facebook site and read all the positive comments. Amost everyone loves these guys, this picture, this love.

Posted by: uffda | Feb 26, 2012 1:52:48 PM

15. God, I love that picture! LIfts my heart - and as a Marine, I am so proud of and happy for them!

Posted by: TyInTenn | Feb 26, 2012 2:19:58 PM

16. Oh this does my heart good! What a fantastic pic, and what a beautiful story behind it! @BKT, thank you so much for sharing it with us here.

Posted by: Bobby | Feb 26, 2012 2:54:16 PM

17. Jezz...now all you need is the puppy!

Posted by: Vern Dufford | Feb 26, 2012 3:00:02 PM

18. Welcome home, Brandon! Job well done, and thank you so very much for the courage you've shown - on and off the battle field! Outstanding!!!

Posted by: Craig | Feb 26, 2012 3:01:01 PM

19. Joyful! Joyful! Images like this in the mainstream panorama are long overdue. Looks like the world is finally coming to its senses. Not sure why it's taking so long ...

Posted by: Leroy Laflamme | Feb 26, 2012 3:12:58 PM

20. It's really nice to see two masculine guys in love with each other : ) We need more of this.

Posted by: The Island Guy | Feb 26, 2012 3:24:59 PM

21. A photograph that launched a thousand ships.

How utterly wonderful.
    How hard fought for.
    How tender and sweet.
    How perfectly beautiful.
    How ours.

Bon chance !

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Feb 26, 2012 4:06:30 PM

22. I saw this picture and I wept. Such love! May their love endure. May their lives together be full of love and respect and acceptance. God bless them!

Posted by: jamal49 | Feb 26, 2012 4:07:17 PM

23. Okay yheah that's cute. And sweet. But mostly it's hot. H to the A. W. T. Woof and woof!

Posted by: sparks | Feb 26, 2012 4:19:13 PM

24. Shame on FB for taking it down. I would think that it would violate the 1st Amendment, which is what the Marine was fighting for.

Posted by: Randy | Feb 26, 2012 4:24:43 PM

25. Feel good picture of the year for sure! Thanks for sharing this. I feel great! By the way, my husband said that all people should view this photo, see 2 people in love & be happy for them.

Posted by: Barbara | Feb 26, 2012 4:38:13 PM