Billy Crystal | George Clooney | Kiss | News | Oscars

George Clooney Kisses Billy Crystal in Oscar Opening Montage: VIDEO

Clooney_crystal

Viewers were jolted awake twice momentarily when George Clooney planted a kiss on Billy Crystal during the opening montage of the Oscars, and again when Crystal made the questionable choice to show up in blackface as Sammy Davis Jr. in a sequence with Justin Bieber.

Watch both, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Is this the best they can do for us? Sheesh, slim pickings, no doubt.

Face it - Hollywood is a homophobic place.

Posted by: jason | Feb 27, 2012 8:35:23 AM

2. This year's Oscars was the most boring show I have sat thru in ages! I hope to never again see Billy Crystal hosting it.

Posted by: Chadd | Feb 27, 2012 8:57:16 AM

3. How strange that no gay person winning an Oscar thanked their partner.

Posted by: vanndean | Feb 27, 2012 9:48:25 AM

4. You can see how the wheels were spinning on that joke about how BC was reselected to host this year.

Posted by: anon | Feb 27, 2012 9:53:40 AM

5. I have to admit, when Clooney leaned in for the kiss, I've never wanted to be Billy Crystal more in my life. (Love that line: "Is this the Villa?!?") Oh, Daddy.

Posted by: Dback | Feb 27, 2012 10:30:11 AM

6. It's 10:50 am and I just got finished throwing up. 2 men kissing is the most horrible thing to view

Posted by: jayson | Feb 27, 2012 10:52:07 AM

7. Billy Crystal didn't show up in "blackface". There is a huge difference between doing "blackface" and wearing makeup to impersonate Sammy Davis Jr. - if you want to understand what "blackface" is do a simple google search - or watch Al Jolson sing "Mammy" on youtube. Oy Vey! Overall, I think he did a fine job, definitely much better than last year.

Posted by: MikeH | Feb 27, 2012 11:34:47 AM

8. Indeed, Crystal didn't "show up in blackface." He was doing his long-established impersonation of Sammy Davis, Jr. from his time back on Saturday Night Live. He's been playing Sammy for years.

Posted by: Rrhain | Feb 27, 2012 3:55:06 PM

9. Yeah, totally not offended by the not-blackface. Just by the lack of comedy.

I did like, "Is this the villa?" though. Reminds me of the time...Oh wait.

Posted by: David R. | Feb 27, 2012 5:05:50 PM