Angelina Jolie | News | Oscars

Angelina Jolie's Oscar Leg Pose Gets Mocked, Memed: VIDEO

Jolie_rash

Another takeaway from last night's Oscar's was Angelina Jolie's bizarre presenter pose on stage, when she thrust a bare leg out of her dress, placed an arm on her hip, and laughed uncomfortably.

The pose was so ridiculous and instantly iconic that it was mocked shortly thereafter by Jim Rash (and got a huge laugh) as he was accepting his Best Adapted Screenplay award for The Descendants.

Watch the video, AFTER THE JUMP...

Said Rash later: "I had just seen her pose and thought it was bold and fun. And you know what? We have exactly the same legs! Really, it was a loving tribute and nothing but."

Jolie's leg now has its own Twitter and folks are now trying to make legbombing a meme.

(Clip may take 10-15 seconds to appear)

And someone's Photoshop creation:

Jolie_legs

Comments

1. She looks like death. What happened?

Posted by: Stephen | Feb 27, 2012 8:20:14 AM

2. Angelina Jolie is ewww...just ewwww.

Posted by: bruce | Feb 27, 2012 8:32:22 AM

3. I'm not a celeb follower so have no point of reference, but she looked horribly anorexic onstage last night, it was creepy. Has she always been that thin? That and the quasi-concealed tattoos...what a way to spoil the glam. Blech.

Posted by: jim | Feb 27, 2012 8:36:58 AM

4. Well I loved loved her and her husband, err what's his name, Brad.

Posted by: RobWest | Feb 27, 2012 9:05:08 AM

5. She hasn't always been that thin. Her leg looked horrible. But this is a woman who kissed her gay brother at and wore a vial of Billy Bob-Thornton's blood to the Oscars. She sort of likes attention.

Posted by: Paul R | Feb 27, 2012 9:51:16 AM

6. Seriously ... that was a really stupid pose. She's looking haggard.

Posted by: DiatribesAndOvationsTo | Feb 27, 2012 9:56:46 AM

7. Are they remaking that 90's flick... Death Becomes Her?

Posted by: Vern Dufford | Feb 27, 2012 10:24:47 AM

8. I think she looked great!

And as you can tell by these other posts, the bitchy queens are out in full force.

In what world did Angelia Jolie look haggard last night? Because if that's haggard, I'd love to look haggard. I'd really like to see the faces of the people posting these remarks ...

Posted by: Yes | Feb 27, 2012 11:23:40 AM

9. @YES
    I think you do have a point!
    Getting all styled up and trotting down the red carpet for all these
    award show...no wander she's so damn thin!
    She did look very movie star in the all white red get up though!

Posted by: Vern Dufford | Feb 27, 2012 2:14:26 PM

10. Love her. Think she's smart, funny and looks great. Lighten up.

Posted by: William | Feb 27, 2012 2:32:03 PM

11. The pose didn't bother me, but the skeletor look does. Someone get the woman a sandwich - or twelve. She's frighteningly thin and she looks bad for it.

Posted by: Tarc | Feb 27, 2012 2:37:02 PM

12. @Yes, you don't have to be a bitchy queen to notice that Angelina Jolie is a nut. The post regarding her previous red carpet behavior makes that clear. To me she's always seemed like a neurotic attention-getter, who gets a huge amount of adulation even though she's a lunatic. Sort of like a Hollywood Sarah Palin. I thought her silly posing last night was ridiculous, and did nothing more than repeated show how skinny her leg is.

Posted by: David | Feb 27, 2012 2:58:37 PM

13. ok, that photoshopped pic made me BLASTLAUGH.

and jim rash gave me a woody.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Feb 27, 2012 3:12:10 PM

14. Angelina Jolie may be a great actress but she's quite the narcissist.

Posted by: Charles Lemos | Feb 27, 2012 3:39:56 PM

15. She looked gorgeous as usual, haters gonna hate!

Who was that dreadful little bald man?

Posted by: Awesomeguy | Feb 27, 2012 3:46:08 PM

16. Not a hater here, could care less one way or the other, but those skin-n-bone arms did not look healthy in the least; was uncomfortable watching her. And why use only enough body makeup to half-hide the tats? God knows she had enough pancake slathered on her face (many of the women had bad makeup last night--maybe it was the lighting onstage--a lot of peoples' noses looked over-contoured).

Posted by: jim | Feb 27, 2012 4:42:48 PM

17. Calm the f*ck down haters. It was a woman exercising her sense of fun and humor, all of which you lot seem to lack. This is a mother of six who gets accused of being drunk by the media when maybe she's just damn tired and has a difficult time keeping weight on no matter what she eats. It happens, you know.

BTW never once did I think she was being mocked by Rash. It was obvious to me he was teasing. Unlike most of you I have sense of humor and got the joke.

Posted by: Marie | Feb 27, 2012 5:01:16 PM

18. I'm with KIWI on this one.

Posted by: David R. | Feb 27, 2012 5:12:47 PM

19. It was the highlight of the whole evening! Award shows tend to get boring and overdramatic.

And Kiwi, I too was turned on by Jim Rash.

Posted by: omi | Feb 27, 2012 6:38:39 PM