Dave Mustaine | Evangelical Christians | Evangelicals | Gay Marriage | Music | News

BigGayDeal.com

Megadeth's Dave Mustaine: I'm Christian, I Don't Support Gay Marriage

Mustaine

With Megadeth's Dave Mustaine comes one more notch in the "not an ally" column:

Earlier this week, MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine was interviewed by Josh Kerns for Sunday's episode of "Seattle Sounds", which airs on on Seattle's KIRO 97.3 FM radio station. When asked if he supports gay marriage, Mustaine said, "Well, since I'm not gay, the answer to that would be no." Dave was then questioned if he would support legislation to make marriage between a man and another man legal. He replied, "I'm Christian. The answer to that would be no."

Comments

1. Hey, here's a fun game ... let's write alt headlines for this post. I got one: "Megadeth's Dave Mustaine: I almost killed myself with drugs so I glommed onto this ritualistic dogma to get clean and they don't like gays so neither do I"

Posted by: Joe B. | Feb 20, 2012 1:39:53 PM

2. Isn't the same idiot who endorsed Rick Santorum?

Posted by: Steve | Feb 20, 2012 1:40:49 PM

3. How ever shall i go through life knowing this dude doesn't like gay people.

Posted by: Emmy | Feb 20, 2012 1:43:23 PM

4. Another moron ive never heard or nor care what his opinion is to begin with.How the hell are any of these nobodies relevant to begin with? Sheesh.

Posted by: Kenny | Feb 20, 2012 1:43:55 PM

5. as if anyone still remembers Megadeth anyway.

i mean, seriously.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Feb 20, 2012 1:45:26 PM

6. Dave Mustaine wouldn't feel this way if Ted Nugent hadn't turned down his marriage proporsal.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Feb 20, 2012 1:46:02 PM

7. You front for a band called "Megadeath" and you're a good Christian? Talk about some cognitive dissonance.

Posted by: Butch | Feb 20, 2012 1:49:53 PM

8. I'd be surprised if anyone considered this news.

Posted by: Davelandia | Feb 20, 2012 1:50:50 PM

9. I find it difficult to imagine anyone who's opinion about any subject would matter less ...

Posted by: rayrayj | Feb 20, 2012 1:51:11 PM

10. megabarf.

Posted by: bill | Feb 20, 2012 1:53:12 PM

11. Oh, please. The man hasn't been relevant in metal since Metallica kicked him out for his drinking. He wanted to party and be obnoxious while Hetfield and Ulrich wanted to actually make decent music. Hence, he was kicked out.

Posted by: Doc Marten | Feb 20, 2012 1:53:42 PM

12. Yawn

(nice curling iron hair though)

Posted by: Oliver | Feb 20, 2012 1:54:02 PM

13. Dude, haven't you got a mirror ?

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Feb 20, 2012 1:54:50 PM

14. @Butch
    Christianity has caused and does still cause millions of deaths. So the name is fitting. Though technically the term "mega death" is a reference to nuclear war

Posted by: Steve | Feb 20, 2012 1:56:24 PM

15. Oh he does not do those anti-Christian songs anymore. Would those songs be from "Killing is My Business...And Business is Good!", "Rust in Peace" or "Peace Sells..But Who is Buying." I love when Born Again folks say "Christians aren't perfect, just forgiven." We'll see.

Posted by: Angela Channing | Feb 20, 2012 1:57:50 PM

16. Well, I'M Christian too and the answer to that would be YES.

Posted by: Daniel Berry, NYC | Feb 20, 2012 1:59:24 PM

17. Alternate headline: "Dave Mustaine: "I'm desperate for cultural relevance on any level."

Posted by: Dave | Feb 20, 2012 2:00:13 PM

18. How often do we hear:

"I'm a Christian... of course I support slavery."
    "I'm a Christian... rape rocks!"
    "I'm a Christian... I sacrificed my daughter."

I'm no good at all the ridiculous things in the Bible, check out evilbible.com though.

Posted by: Dan | Feb 20, 2012 2:04:26 PM

19. Sorry ... have to say it .... "MEGADUNCE" ... There, I'll be OK for.a while now ...

Posted by: ROBERT BAKER | Feb 20, 2012 2:08:09 PM

20. Who cares if some crack head drag queen is against gay marriage???

Posted by: gaylib | Feb 20, 2012 2:08:51 PM

21. Megadeth's Dave Mustaine: I'm Christian, I Don't Support Gay Marriage. Reply: Hi, Im Matthew, I'm gay and I'm not interested in you or your so-called music or your backwards, bigoted, tired and out of date political views.

Posted by: matthew | Feb 20, 2012 2:19:23 PM

22. I don't know about everyone else but as for me when I'm looking for guidance on public policy or Christian values and am seeking an authority to help clear up my fuzziness, I turn to Megadeath band members. They've always been beacons of Christianity and standard bearers for tradition.

Posted by: xdevildawg4u@msn.com | Feb 20, 2012 2:23:18 PM

23. Vile. Since he's not black I supposed he doesn't support equal rights for blacks either. Once this man's body could no longer sustain the drugs and the booze, he found his new addiction: Christianity. What a self-serving, solipsistic, vile person.

Posted by: dancobbb | Feb 20, 2012 2:23:44 PM

24. MEGADEATH.... CHRISTIAN... yep, I'd say that's about right.

Posted by: dancobbb | Feb 20, 2012 2:25:27 PM

25. Well, I guess that means we can't count on the Irrelevant Gibbering F*ckwit vote then.

Posted by: Caliban | Feb 20, 2012 2:30:43 PM