Gay Marriage | News | Proposition 8 | Rachel Maddow | Ted Olson

Rachel Maddow Talks to Ted Olson About the Prop 8 Ruling: VIDEO

Olson

What many have seen as a very narrow ruling from the 9th Circuit, attorney Ted Olson actually sees as a broad ruling. He also talks to Rachel about why conservatives are so slow to get on board with marriage equality.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I cannot get this video to play and I have been having trouble with Towleroad videos in general.

Posted by: Andy Panda | Feb 8, 2012 11:08:14 AM

2. @Andy - I'm not in the US so most internal players won't work. NBC player does but it's always tricky.

Posted by: Syrax | Feb 8, 2012 11:13:36 AM

3. It seems to be working now. What a fantastic interview and speaker. Mr Olson is able to articulate his thoughts so well, in such a logical manner and with a such a commanding presence, it makes the opponents of same-sex marriage look like fools. And not one word was said about the Bible or religion.... all from a conservative.

Posted by: k | Feb 8, 2012 11:43:50 AM

4. I have been having trouble with Towleroad videos for a few months now. They would play for a few seconds and then stop, but if I opened them in YouTube, they played fine. I recently switched from Firefox to Chrome and the problem is gone.

Posted by: Jeff | Feb 8, 2012 12:01:27 PM

5. The video works for me.

Ted Olson is a powerful speaker on the issue and his words are made more powerful by the fact he is conservative. It's always a joy to see Rachel Maddow interview someone because she is by no means a lightweight in the intellectual department and she brings deep knowledge to the issues she discusses. So many TV "talking heads" are chosen because their face or voice seems to convey some indefinable quality such as "gravitas," "wisdom," or "knowledgeabilty," which is not at all the same thing as actually possessing those qualities. Maddow really stands out in that crowd.

Posted by: Caliban | Feb 8, 2012 12:48:48 PM

6. I couldn't of said it any better!

Posted by: wslandry | Feb 8, 2012 1:28:29 PM

7. On the video issue. It is related to the ads loading in the back ground. I have found that the imbedded player works as long as you wait about 10 seconds or so for the page to completely load before pressing the play button. It occurs on other sites and appears to be a issue with firefox.

Posted by: Patrick | Feb 8, 2012 1:46:57 PM