Comments

1. Gus says

Decades ago when I came out, the first thing out of my mother’s mouth was, “You will die alone.” It seems to me there many trying to fulfil that prophesy and punishment. It’s not going to happen.

2. Alex says

I don’t miss the sex…. I mean, I do, but….It’s not the sex that I miss the most.

LOL frank, honest, charming, warm, and beautiful speech from the heart. We got some sensible Republicans up there in Washington state…who knew?

3. Stefan says

I actually know Walsh’s daugher. She was a roomate of my ex-boyfriend. She’s a really amazing person. In this case the apple didn’t fall far from the tree.

4. Seattle Mike says

How wonderful. You can leave an email at her website saying thank you here: [url]https://dlr.leg.wa.gov/memberemail/mailform.aspx?chamber=h&district=16&position=1[/url]

5. jack says

I never thought a republican legislator would bring tears to the eyes of this old gay lifelong democrat but Maureen Walsh you sure did. This is the kind of friend gay people need to help us move to full equality not vulgar loud mouths like Howard Stern. And what do you bet that people like Maureen Walsh move more people to support our equality than loud mouth ranters like Stern?

6. J. Page says

Maureen Walsh is very incorrect in her statement. She was extremely eloquent in her words and I thank her for them and her vote for equality.

This world needs more words of unity and less of division. Division and hate are truly what brings destruction to a civilization, not someones sexuality.

7. says

@Tim Zilla… I hope that gays do not vote for someone just because they are gay. There are more factors to vote for a candidate then just because they have something in common with you.
    I have met too many heterophobic gays in my lifetime. All I ever wanted was equal rights, nothing less or more. The 21 Century is moving at a faster pace in that direction. I remember too many parents who abandon their children in the early days of AIDS or when their children came out to them. Thank goodness there are people and politicians like Rep. Maureen Walsh(R)! Thanks Andy, for posting this video… Hope is alive in Washington State… and elsewhere!

8. Redebbm says

Now that is a representative of the people! So hard to find them these days. All politicians should take cues from her words that she said in regards to marriage equality.