Missouri | News | Westboro Baptist Church

BigGayDeal.com

Missouri Student Requests Protest from Westboro Baptist to Save School from 'Strutting Homosexuals': VIDEO

Superintendent

The Westboro Baptist Church is planning a protest at a St. Louis-area high school today after a student there pleaded for the church to come:

Margie_phelpsOn Westboro Baptist Church's website, an announcement indicates the visit comes at the request of a Fort Zumwalt East student.

"His email was to the effect of 'We've got proud homosexuals strutting up and down the halls of this school. You've got to come,'" said Margie Phelps, an attorney for Westboro Baptist Church, and daughter to the pastor.

Phelps says 35 members of Westboro protested Sunday at the Super Bowl and are now on their way to the St. Louis area, where they'll visit Fort Zumwalt East, followed by Clayton High School on Monday. "We're going to stop by two high schools in the area to tell those young people to tell those young people who have been lied by every adult they've encounter, that it's not okay to be gay, never has been, and never will be," said Phelps.

The Superintendent says the school has no Gay-Straight Alliance: "We have diversity in our school like everyone has."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

UPDATE: Students and strutting homosexual allies shut down the WBC at nearby Clayton High School this morning.

Comments

1. Glad to see that the Westboro religious Xtianists are coming to the high school.

Nothing makes straight people more favorable toward gay rights is to see these religious haters picketing their own high school.

Posted by: Continuum | Feb 6, 2012 11:48:34 AM

2. Westboro protested the Super Bowl? Seriously? I'd say more but I've got to go strut.

Posted by: Butch | Feb 6, 2012 11:50:02 AM

3. I didn't know that WBC took requests. http://wp.me/p1se8R-Lm I'd like to invite them to go f*@# themselves.

Posted by: DiatribesAndOvationsTo | Feb 6, 2012 12:05:47 PM

4. Can someone please explain how this "Church" still has tax exempt status when it is clearly a political entity?

Posted by: Me | Feb 6, 2012 12:06:42 PM

5. St. Louisan here. The phelpsbots never showed up in St. Peters this morning. I was at the Clayton HS counter protest. There were five Westboro members and HUNDREDS of counter protesters: parents with young kids, high school and college kids, lots of senior citizens. It was fantastic!!!

Posted by: inahandbsket | Feb 6, 2012 12:08:50 PM

6. Maybe it's a trap. Maybe some students have been wanting to do battle with the Westboro nuts, and this is a way of bringing them to their town.

Posted by: Dastius Krazitauc | Feb 6, 2012 12:09:00 PM

7. it's worth noting that the homophobes like the student that sent this email are becoming more increasingly "Closeted" - this is reality.

for too long being LGBT made you the pariah - we're seeing a reversal in many places now; being anti-LGBT makes you the pariah.

we can use this to our advantage.

and remember, the WBC does our work for us. the WBC didn't convince anyone to vote for Prop 8. They're not the real enemy, the real enemy is the LDS, the Vatican, The southern baptists, and the american evangelicals.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Feb 6, 2012 12:11:04 PM

8. Wow that's all you have to do to get WBC to show up? Let's punk them!

Posted by: QJ201 | Feb 6, 2012 12:11:30 PM

9. Do they do birthday parties?

Posted by: endo | Feb 6, 2012 12:17:08 PM

10. lets hope some kid is pranking them and they'll be sorry they went there? I know they've gone to schhols before and are usually shouted down by students.

Posted by: fanboi | Feb 6, 2012 12:34:21 PM

11. I know that inbred family is half attorneys and that's how they mostly fund their activity, but I can't think of anyone who would be crazy enough to hire any of them. Oh well, as I've always said, they actually help our cause.

Posted by: Paul R | Feb 6, 2012 12:39:05 PM

12. @Dastius Krazitauc, that's doubtful. St. Peters, where Ft. Zumwalt East is located, is pretty conservative. Clayton, the location of the second protest, is a lot more liberal.

Posted by: Jeffrey in St. Louis | Feb 6, 2012 12:47:36 PM

13. Great, now I have to go get a new strutting outfit. I'm so behind the times.

Posted by: johnny | Feb 6, 2012 12:51:07 PM

14. I can honestly say I've never strutted in my life. What are we supposed to be, Mummers?

Posted by: Jack M | Feb 6, 2012 1:18:35 PM

15. I guess I need to learn how to strut my stuff now.....

Posted by: billmille | Feb 6, 2012 1:24:26 PM

16. To this, I Say Strut Your Stuff!

Posted by: Jupiter | Feb 6, 2012 2:03:53 PM

17. With those early morning schedules, I hope the WBC folks started with a good hot breakfast. and the coffee at McDonald's is both cheaper and tastier than the hyped Starbucks brew. Mustn't pollute the bodily temple with something ladled out by some ocer-caffeinated struttin' nancyboi .

Posted by: gregory brown | Feb 6, 2012 5:50:31 PM

18. I don't strut. I swagger like a testorone-drenched viking returning from a successful raid and the destruction of an entire town. Except when I forget and sashay.

Posted by: justinw | Feb 6, 2012 8:45:58 PM

19. I wonder if the young man knows just how hateful these scum are that he has invited to his school. These scum protest at the funerals of young military people who have lost their lives in the service of our nation. I can't tell you what i would do to them, if they protested at the funeral of my son, brother, lover because you wouldn't post it.

Posted by: jack | Feb 6, 2012 11:32:23 PM