Comments

1. Continuum says

Glad to see that the Westboro religious Xtianists are coming to the high school.

Nothing makes straight people more favorable toward gay rights is to see these religious haters picketing their own high school.

2. inahandbsket says

St. Louisan here. The phelpsbots never showed up in St. Peters this morning. I was at the Clayton HS counter protest. There were five Westboro members and HUNDREDS of counter protesters: parents with young kids, high school and college kids, lots of senior citizens. It was fantastic!!!

3. Dastius Krazitauc says

Maybe it’s a trap. Maybe some students have been wanting to do battle with the Westboro nuts, and this is a way of bringing them to their town.

4. says

it’s worth noting that the homophobes like the student that sent this email are becoming more increasingly “Closeted” – this is reality.

for too long being LGBT made you the pariah – we’re seeing a reversal in many places now; being anti-LGBT makes you the pariah.

we can use this to our advantage.

and remember, the WBC does our work for us. the WBC didn’t convince anyone to vote for Prop 8. They’re not the real enemy, the real enemy is the LDS, the Vatican, The southern baptists, and the american evangelicals.

5. Paul R says

I know that inbred family is half attorneys and that’s how they mostly fund their activity, but I can’t think of anyone who would be crazy enough to hire any of them. Oh well, as I’ve always said, they actually help our cause.

6. Jeffrey in St. Louis says

@Dastius Krazitauc, that’s doubtful. St. Peters, where Ft. Zumwalt East is located, is pretty conservative. Clayton, the location of the second protest, is a lot more liberal.

7. gregory brown says

With those early morning schedules, I hope the WBC folks started with a good hot breakfast. and the coffee at McDonald’s is both cheaper and tastier than the hyped Starbucks brew. Mustn’t pollute the bodily temple with something ladled out by some ocer-caffeinated struttin’ nancyboi .

8. justinw says

I don’t strut. I swagger like a testorone-drenched viking returning from a successful raid and the destruction of an entire town. Except when I forget and sashay.

9. jack says

I wonder if the young man knows just how hateful these scum are that he has invited to his school. These scum protest at the funerals of young military people who have lost their lives in the service of our nation. I can’t tell you what i would do to them, if they protested at the funeral of my son, brother, lover because you wouldn’t post it.