Betty Bowers | News | Republican Party

America's Best Christian Betty Bowers Hits It Out of the Park with New Super PAC Ad: VIDEO

Bowers

America's Best Christian Betty Bowers has launched a Super PAC for the Grand Old Party, "where you can be for something while you're against it."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. "Jesus approves this message." LOVE IT!!!!

Posted by: Dale | Mar 26, 2012 9:31:51 PM

2. LOL

Betty Bowers is the best

subscribed to her a long time ago. All her vids rock

Posted by: say what | Mar 26, 2012 9:38:04 PM

3. I'm joining Devin Green's party.

Posted by: Aaron | Mar 26, 2012 9:39:44 PM

4. WOW. One of the best things she's ever done!

Posted by: Gregoire | Mar 26, 2012 9:40:41 PM

5. Spread it! Spread iiiiit!

Posted by: Robert | Mar 26, 2012 9:46:39 PM

6. This video is great, I love Betty Bowers.

"If you hate religious extremists... but are one, join the party". Totally awesome!

"If you idolize American history... but don't know any, join the party"!

Posted by: Xavi | Mar 26, 2012 9:50:40 PM

7. Betty-
    the ultimate communicator (apologies to the bad horse opera actor-Ronnie Reagan)

Posted by: nick | Mar 26, 2012 10:01:07 PM

8. ! **** !

Posted by: Marcito | Mar 26, 2012 10:17:43 PM

9. Democrat Campaign Committee should beg to work with her.

Posted by: MalaysianHo | Mar 26, 2012 10:24:24 PM

10. SNORT!!!

Posted by: TheWeyrd1 | Mar 26, 2012 10:39:42 PM

11. This was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: iawl | Mar 26, 2012 10:43:47 PM

12. If this ran on television during the fall campaign would Republicans recognize the satire or would they stand up and cheer?

Posted by: Swiminbuff | Mar 26, 2012 10:56:22 PM

13. Hey there is new stuff on NOM.
    The Court just unsealed trial records on NOM vs. State of Maine

I give links at
    www.goodasyou.org/good_as_you/2012/03/wait-nomtweets-which-side-calls-people-haters-exactly.html

Posted by: StraightGrandmother | Mar 26, 2012 10:57:39 PM

14. It's almost too fast, but made me chuckle a little and even though it's smug, and a bit pandering, makes some interesting, if rather reductive points.

I'm tempted to email it to some Repub friends of mine. But I don't think it was meant to accomplish anything other than preach to the choir, so to speak. Wont change any minds, but may get some kids on the fence to think.

Posted by: TomJck | Mar 27, 2012 12:48:08 AM

15. I am a liberal democrat and I think the video is awful. It takes a simplistic stand on all the complex issues of the day. It is the same thing the republicans do. That is the level of political discourse in the USA today.And sadly many Americans are so uninformed about the complex issues of our time, they fall for all this PR B S!

Posted by: jack | Mar 27, 2012 5:19:01 AM

16. Nice post! Can’t wait for the next one. Keep stuff like this coming.

Posted by: copywriting career | Mar 27, 2012 5:25:03 AM

17. The tone of the video may not be for everyone, but @JACK : what the heck are you talking about? The "issues of the day" here are NOT complex, and the Republican hypocrisy is NOT complex either.

They are against "big government" but all of them are for making intrusive NEW big government laws regulating people's private lives.

And it's not like parsing individual candidates' platforms is complex either : this is ALL of them. Even Ron Paul has resorted to mentioning Jesus and governing with Christian values -- things that should be anathema to any true libertarian.

I can see why some don;t like the tone, but my favorite line that I'll use is "The New Testament applies to you, but the Old Testament applies to everyone else"!

Posted by: Strepsi | Mar 27, 2012 6:26:47 AM

18. Awesome!

Posted by: Dave | Mar 27, 2012 7:33:19 AM

19. Jack, she's a comedian. It's not an actual political ad, it's satire. Honestly, how do some of you manage to get out of bed in the morning?

Posted by: Gregoire | Mar 27, 2012 8:35:40 AM

20. Voice of reason has not been found in the Republican Party in my lifetime... and I'm 75 years old. Thanks Betty, for amusing us, sadly she maybe a comedian but she makes more sense in a couple of minutes then all the GOP-Heads and Republicants running for office.

Posted by: Jerry Pritikin | Mar 27, 2012 8:55:22 AM

21. This should go viral . . .great job.

Posted by: Rob Zeleniak | Mar 27, 2012 10:18:29 AM

22. jack

u do know Betty Bowers is not even a real person let alone a politican

The lady and her partner are comedians and have been running an over the top fake xtian fundie website for years posting vids etc.

They have a running joke every xmas about satanic toys like tickle me elmo :-P

Please look up the meanings of comedian, satire, & snark

Posted by: say what | Mar 27, 2012 10:19:05 AM

23. I've love Betty Bowers, she always shoves America's cognitive dissonances in their (our) face with satirical flair.

Shes never been this direct, so maybe people will be less likely to brush off the inconsistencies in their actions and beliefs.

Posted by: Alexx | Mar 27, 2012 7:18:47 PM

24. Jack:

Bless your heart. I just want to hug your neck, but I don't touch the unsaved. I will, however, promise to say a fleeting prayer for your unlikely salvation between 11:13AM and 11:14AM on July 27, 2019, unless an important event intervenes. Like the Rapture. Or a hair appointment.

So Close to Jesus, He Uses My Birthday When He Plays Lotto,

Betty Bower

Posted by: Mrs. Betty Bowers | Mar 27, 2012 11:32:41 PM

25. I am very thankful to you for posting such stuff.This really help me lot.

Posted by: Dissertation proposal | Nov 30, 2012 12:44:38 PM