Jake Gyllenhaal | Music | Music Video | News

No Hipster is Safe From Jake Gyllenhaal: MUSIC VIDEO

Gyllenhaal

Jake Gyllenhaal suits up in fencing gear, hits the gym and the sauna, and gets a shave at the barber for a bloody 8-minute epic music video directed by Daniel Wolfe for the new track from The Shoes, "Time to Dance".

Watch (warning: graphic violence), AFTER THE JUMP...

Jg

Comments

1. Fantastic music video! I got a bit of a Bret Easton Ellis vibe.

I liked the song too... except for the part where they spell. Spelling is such lazy songwriting.

Posted by: endo | Mar 12, 2012 11:13:46 AM

2. smoking AND working out! so they balance each other, right? yeesh

Posted by: steve donoghue | Mar 12, 2012 11:45:26 AM

3. Honestly. We live in a world where gays are being killed, soldiers massacre innocent civilians and this is just the last 24 hours.

Do we really need to see a rip off of Clockwork Orange where some psychopath serial killer mutilates young people?

Most pathetic about this is the only reason you posted it is some attraction to jake. Are you so infatuated with him that you're able to overlook the content? Sick. Sad.

Very poor choice for a monday morning video.

Posted by: dms | Mar 12, 2012 12:17:31 PM

4. ::rolls eyes::

Posted by: endo | Mar 12, 2012 12:23:49 PM

5. I always thought I had an eclectic taste in music, but maybe I am getting to old. Was there actual music in that video? It just sounded like a bunch of noise to me.

Posted by: Phoenix Justice | Mar 12, 2012 1:14:22 PM

6. Donnie Too Darko!

Posted by: tom | Mar 12, 2012 1:33:41 PM

7. psycho jake, yikes! + music, love! = love and hate?

Posted by: yikes | Mar 12, 2012 1:49:12 PM

8. Jake, one of the lovlilest men on earth, does not have to stoop to the lowest demands of his profession. This is one he should have said no to.

Posted by: uffda | Mar 12, 2012 1:51:50 PM

9. Too violent. I don't like it.

Posted by: Ivan M | Mar 12, 2012 1:56:33 PM

10. Granted, neither the music nor the video are to my taste.

But remember, Jake is an ACTOR. He is not your little lap doggy who licks your face.

That dog is only looking for crumbs anyway.

Cheerses.

Posted by: doodlebok | Mar 12, 2012 3:29:45 PM

11. Awful. Gratuitous violence. Why? I liked the music but don't think I could ever listen to it again without getting those images in my head. No thanks.

Posted by: StillmarriedinCA | Mar 12, 2012 4:10:49 PM

12. Wow,just epic this is not just a music video its like a mini movie. Way to go Jake this music video & song are defs going on my Iphone.

Thanks Towelroad

Posted by: south central LA Fag | Mar 12, 2012 4:15:27 PM

13. Eight minutes I'll never get back.

Posted by: dc | Mar 12, 2012 4:48:26 PM

14. Excellent video and song.

Posted by: stingo | Mar 12, 2012 5:35:39 PM

15. The poor guy just needed to dance. Too bad he didn't figure it out sooner. Cool, creepy video.

Posted by: Sean | Mar 12, 2012 5:41:29 PM

16. Is this Jake's audition to remake "American Psycho" ?

Posted by: jaragon | Mar 12, 2012 5:52:36 PM

17. Okay Jake we get it. You can play dark and deadly. Althought I admit I think Ryan Gosling or Tom Hardy would have done a more convincing job. But it's ashame you had to do it in a music video. In fact what the heck is going on with Jake Gyllenhaal? He was once one of my all-time favorites. But now I don't have much interest in his film career at all. In between Zodiac and Source Code his films has been a series of major misses. Pity. Because he is a good actor. He just doesn't seem to know how to pick the right roles for himself.

Posted by: James | Mar 12, 2012 6:25:19 PM

18. It hurt my ears. Turned it off when the throat slitting started. Why would I want to watch this?

Posted by: Gary | Mar 12, 2012 6:56:44 PM

19. Well, I thought the song and video were genius. Yes, violent and disturbing, but it is art, not social commentary. I thought Jake was particularly good (and good looking).

Posted by: MattS | Mar 12, 2012 8:51:38 PM

20. You're wrong Matts, it's all social commentary.

Posted by: uffda | Mar 13, 2012 9:30:40 AM

21. With all respect to the other posters, but there is a sub-text running through this; "hipsters" are a bit of a joke in East London - where the vid is set and filmed, there are blogs going taking the piss out of the increasing number of trendy young things who make their home in Hackney, the whole thing is really just a local East London in-joke - very much in the style of american psycho but set in East London's Hipster paradise.
    A bit of an in-joke but quite funny if you live in the area, which i do.

Posted by: arch | Mar 13, 2012 10:09:22 AM