American Family Association | Ellen DeGeneres | News

'One Million Moms' Gives Up on Getting Ellen Fired

One Million Moms Director Monica Cole tells OneNewsNow the group is moving on from its attempts to get Ellen DeGeneres fired from her job as spokesperson for JC Penney:

Cole"But we have heard back from so many of our members. We have heard back from men and women -- not just moms -- saying they will no longer shop there at JC Penney, as long as Ellen DeGeneres is their spokesperson. Everyone works hard for their money, and they want to spend their money with companies that have the same values as them. And JC Penney stated that Ellen DeGeneres shares the same values that they do. So obviously, it's not the same as Christians or conservatives, which is unfortunate [because] JC Penney was founded by a Christian man."

How's that Toys R Us boycott going? Oh, wait.

Comments

1. Monicas...got those eyes!

Posted by: Vern Dufford | Mar 8, 2012 3:03:30 PM

2. Quitters! First you lie about your numbers (1 million? Not even close) and now you quit.
    And... I'm guessing most of you shop at Walmart anyway.
    Bye-bye, quitters!

Posted by: JimmyD | Mar 8, 2012 3:12:15 PM

3. Wow, must make shopping a real chore for these Christians. First you have to study the entire history of each store, try to find their financial records to make sure they're giving to the proper charities/groups, etc., run background checks to make sure the employees are on the up-and-up. Just a for a new blouse! Or gallon of milk! Must have same values, you know. :-|

Posted by: hodzer | Mar 8, 2012 3:13:58 PM

4. I get the feeling the whole "million" of them could meet comfortably in the living room of my (1,300-square-feet total) farmhouse.

Posted by: Butch | Mar 8, 2012 3:17:04 PM

5. Dear Monica,

I guess that depends on how you define "Christians."

Posted by: JOE 2 | Mar 8, 2012 3:19:10 PM

6. Their problem is that there is only "1 million" (40K) of them, so it doesn't really make an impact at all if they boycott somewhere. Next..

Posted by: Lucas | Mar 8, 2012 3:24:47 PM

7. boo hoo, poor Monica...wearing copycat Van Cleef & Arpels "Alhambra" necklace. did ya get that at JCP, dear?

Posted by: Oliver | Mar 8, 2012 3:25:17 PM

8. They keep using that word Christian, but I don't think it mean what they think it mean.

Posted by: Zlick | Mar 8, 2012 3:27:14 PM

9. Christian????? I understand the reasoning behind this(gay/lesbian is forbidden by God), but as Christians you should know that no one has the right to pass judgement except God himself. So, I call you hypocrites. Let's let God do his job and you stay out of it. Its groups like this that make Christians look bad.

Posted by: wbrown | Mar 8, 2012 3:28:01 PM

10. I'm proud to announce the formation of a new group, "The Billion Gays", and my one billion members (yes, that's billion Monica) pledge to shop at any retailer boycotted by the puny Million Moms bigots.

Posted by: Brian | Mar 8, 2012 3:29:39 PM

11. they gave up because JCP's sales went up after hiring Ellen.

Posted by: Jayson | Mar 8, 2012 3:34:39 PM

12. Talk about crazy face. She makes Michelle Bachman look perfectly normal, which is saying something.

Posted by: Paul R | Mar 8, 2012 3:35:31 PM

13. If ever there was a face just begging for a pie...

Posted by: TJ | Mar 8, 2012 3:43:10 PM

14. This is what happens when a child in early developmental stage is entrusted to organized religion for it's moral framework.

Part of me feels sorry for her. The real world must look so horrific from her oh so marginalized viewpoint.

Posted by: JONES | Mar 8, 2012 3:45:59 PM

15. If you look at many of these self-identified "christians" they have that overly zealous/angst ridden look and those big wide CRAZY eyes ready to pounce. Their minds are saying "I don't have a life. I need to go meddle in someone elses life and waste everyones time condeming and judging something I don't understand and couldn't possibly comprehend considering how low my intelligence level is. My only desire to is to be a sheeeep and follow my gaawd". Christianity is becoming a serious mental illness.

Posted by: SFshawn | Mar 8, 2012 3:48:13 PM

16. I love how she assumes she speaks for all Christians by stating that JC Penney stated that Ellen DeGeneres and JCP don't share the same values as Christians. I'm sorry, but who appointed her to speak for that entire diverse group of people?

Posted by: Keith | Mar 8, 2012 3:50:47 PM

17. My Christian family would like you to stop calling yourself Christian and making them look like homophobes.

Posted by: zeddy | Mar 8, 2012 3:52:48 PM

18. OneNewsNow -- meaning a single subscriber news source ?

Can someone please report to the One Million Moms organization to the SPLC ?

Posted by: MalaysianHo | Mar 8, 2012 3:53:33 PM

19. I think you get a face like that from not having any orgasms for a really long time.

Posted by: Jack M | Mar 8, 2012 3:56:26 PM

20. First off, how many grammatical mistakes can one "mom" make in one sentence? Second, Ellen's commercials are really good.

Posted by: Jonathan | Mar 8, 2012 4:10:12 PM

21. In my view, the only thing that Ellen really cares about is her income. JC Penney pays her a lot of money.

If you look at Ellen's show, she has been an enabler and supporter of homophobes. She has had homophobes on her show, and has promoted them and their careers.

Posted by: jason | Mar 8, 2012 4:13:16 PM

22. @Jason

Humans are frail creatures. They have great difficulty realizing that the world does not revolve around them, nor experiences that are not relative to what they, themselves, feel.

It matters not whether it is: How can you NOT like chocolate? Or how can you think another woman/man is attractive?

It is truly incomprehensible and takes a maturity and willingness to step outside your own world view to be in accepting that other people can think differently than you. As simple a concept as this is philosophically it is not simple in practice.

Ellen is placing those who are homophobic within her vicinity so that she can provide for them an alternative viewpoint from a place of education, rather than derision. It is this act which makes her an above average human.

Posted by: Rin | Mar 8, 2012 4:37:18 PM

23. Rin,

What utter garbage! Ellen has had homophobic singers on her show as part of promotion for these singers. Don't deny it.

Ellen is a fake in my view.

Posted by: jason | Mar 8, 2012 4:51:11 PM

24. Why do so many of these religious nutbags have "meth binge" eyes? It's like they're hopped up on Jesus or something. When their faith runs low do they look under their couch cushions in case they dropped some, like other addicts do?

Posted by: Caliban | Mar 8, 2012 4:51:28 PM

25. I'm pretty sure that all of JCPenney's clothes are of blended fabric so why are these 'crazy eyed' mom's shopping there anyway. Doesn't that go against their Christian morals?

Posted by: Patrick | Mar 8, 2012 5:02:44 PM