Bruno Mars | I'm Gay | I'm Not Gay | Music | News

Bruno Mars Did Not Come Out of the Closet

Mars

A CNN iReport claiming “The famous pop-star Bruno Mars admits his homosexuality" caused the singer's name to trend on Twitter yesterday.

Gossip Cop reports that Mars' representative denies any closet door has been opened:

A second outlet played up the rumor, claiming that Mars “admitted to a small Chicago radio station” that he was gay, first supposedly under the guise of April Fools’ Day to test reaction, and then for real. It’s 100% false.

The singer’s rep tells Gossip Cop the reports that Mars has come out of the closet are “completely fabricated” and “false.”

Comments

1. Doesn't matter to me if he came out of the closet or not, I will always despise his "Lazy Song".

Posted by: Phoenix Justice | Apr 3, 2012 9:09:32 AM

2. So the singer's rep is saying he hasnt come out, and is still in the closet?

Posted by: kujhawker | Apr 3, 2012 9:15:08 AM

3. Relax everybody, it's just a prank by Anonymous/4chan.

Posted by: Chris K | Apr 3, 2012 9:20:26 AM

4. Awesome! I will continue to not listen to his music.

Posted by: EO | Apr 3, 2012 9:25:50 AM

5. Let me think of something I couldn't care about any less.

Nope. Nothing comes to mind.

Posted by: Paul R | Apr 3, 2012 9:31:51 AM

6. The guy is beyond gay. It cracks me up when I hear pop music and the guy singing, who is obviously 100% gay, singing about some chick. It would be a nice world if a gay man could actually sing about another man or if a gay actor could have a gay love story. One has to wonder if people were forced to 'portray' their true orientation then how many gay story lines and gay love songs there would be. As of now, gay people practically don't exist in television especially on commercials.

Posted by: Michael | Apr 3, 2012 9:36:26 AM

7. Ok. Understood.

Posted by: Matt26 | Apr 3, 2012 9:44:30 AM

8. I don't care if he is gay or straight or somewhere in between. He is one of the giants of the musical scene today. BRUNO, YOU ROCK!!!!!!

Posted by: jack | Apr 3, 2012 9:53:48 AM

9. Nobody says "admitted being gay" anymore. It's acknowledge, thank you. That should have been a tipoff. Sarah Palin is right about one thing, it is a lamestream media.

Posted by: TonyT | Apr 3, 2012 9:54:34 AM

10. I actually heard the radio interview live, i still dont understand why people are denying the truth? The website gossipcop are so attention seeking they always stir up controvosy. #supportbruno

Posted by: Jessiexx | Apr 3, 2012 9:59:37 AM

11. He is a very, very talented young man whether you like his music or not. He still will be - gay or not.

Posted by: Adam Mathias | Apr 3, 2012 10:01:27 AM

12. His songs are total crap. Who cares.

Posted by: Sean | Apr 3, 2012 10:02:30 AM

13. What evidence does anyone have that he is not heterosexual, besides a purported acknowledgement he disavows?

Posted by: Mohammed | Apr 3, 2012 10:04:34 AM

14. He has NOT come out of the closet. Repeat: He is STILL in the closet.

Posted by: DanielBerryNYC | Apr 3, 2012 10:13:52 AM

15. My friend's aunt earned $16991 past month. she is making money on the computer and
    moved in a $584700 condo. All she did was get fortunate and put in action the directions
    laid out on this web site.... g00.me/7k

Posted by: ryan | Apr 3, 2012 10:24:41 AM

16. What a bulls%$t publicity stunt.

Bruno Mars = Hipster-Without-A-Clue

Posted by: Marcito | Apr 3, 2012 10:26:52 AM

17. Who?

Posted by: anon | Apr 3, 2012 10:34:16 AM

18. April Fools !!!!!!!

Posted by: Reppin2 | Apr 3, 2012 10:36:00 AM

19. What's funny is how coming-out is still a controversy. At least when you have questions surrounding you like Bruno does. Whether or not he's gay, we'll never know since he'll never come out if he is gay.

Posted by: Francis | Apr 3, 2012 10:42:32 AM

20. All the rumors are completely false. There was no interview, and Bruno Mars didn't even do an interview in the past week. The rumors were started by 4chan which is an internet trolling site, and they have planned this whole thing out. Here is a snapshot of their message board describing their 'operation':

There are about 450 members and they are all trying to spread the rumors around (and they've been quite successful in doing so!). Bruno is not gay. He actually has a long term girlfriend Jessica Caban. He didn't call up any radio station. His rep has even confirmed that the whole story is completely fabricated and false. It's funny how people believe everything they hear! -__-

Posted by: RED_5 | Apr 3, 2012 11:00:15 AM

21. If a celebrity is gay and stays in the closet, the Gay Mafia criticizes him for being in the closet. If he comes out, they criticize him for recording songs with lyrics that are not "gay", for being rich and "privileged" when they are not......and criticize--usually viciously--his music (because he committed the sin of being male).....and go on supporting straight female "divas" instead.

Gee, I wonder why almost all gay male performers remain in the closet, with such a supportive peer group?

Posted by: Rick | Apr 3, 2012 11:13:54 AM

22. How does one get a membership in "The Gay Mafia"?

Posted by: Paul of Tilling | Apr 3, 2012 11:23:36 AM

23. Or when a gay man comes out and then insecure closeted homosexuals complain, from a place of anonymity, that they're "too gay" or "the wrong kind of gay." that's rich.

There are no reasons for grown-adults in America, in 2012, to be Closeted. Only excuses. Excuses are for boys, not men.

It's the same old tired cycle - guy comes out, closeted homosexuals complain about how they're the "Wrong Kind of Gay", and complain from a place of anonymity. Continuing to complain that "they're" not being represented, when they have no intention of representing themselves.

On that note, I tip my hat to the men and women who came out in the decades before me. And not just the 'famous names', but the everyday people who saw their adult responsibility to open the doors for the next generations.

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Apr 3, 2012 11:38:45 AM

24. I have a silly & totally irrational crush on him. And...it kinda would fizzle if I knew he were gay. Ofcourse it would win him new fans who would replace me so I guess it doesnt matter. And yes I know its totally crazy & illogical but I cant sexually crush on a gay man

Posted by: Fan gurl | Apr 3, 2012 11:50:55 AM

25. Bruno Mars is fantastic...I find his songs so catchy, fun, original.

Posted by: nikko | Apr 3, 2012 11:56:34 AM