Conan O'Brien | News | Simon Doonan

BigGayDeal.com

Simon Doonan Wants to Rid the World of Man Boobs: VIDEO

2_doonan

Barney's Creative Director and author Simon Doonan appeared on Conan last night to push his one-man campaign to rid the world of man boobs.

Said Doonan:

"There's a horrible epidemic of man boobs, and I keep telling — people are clutching their man boobs now, I can see it....There aren't fetish clubs for people who like man boobs. Man boobs are like hyenas, and mosquitoes, and red ants, and sharks. They don't need to exist. They're horrible. So I'm on a one-man campaign to rid the world of man boobs ... A lot of straight dudes, they don't really care, they're, like, farting and watching TV, they don't care about their man boobs. We need to make them care and explain to them, these, girls, right, they are unacceptable, am I right?"

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

(via ny mag)

Comments

1. I like man boobs... and there ARE fetish clubs for guys into manboobs. I've always liked man boobs and find them very sexy on certain men. Especially men that have no hesitation about showing them!

Posted by: dancob | Apr 27, 2012 1:14:09 PM

2. This is why they hate us.

Posted by: Rob | Apr 27, 2012 1:19:16 PM

3. This is why they hate us.

Posted by: Rob | Apr 27, 2012 1:19:20 PM

4. Obnoxious, self-absorbed, little twit who's never taken the half-second it takes to consider not all gay men are like him.

Posted by: brandon h | Apr 27, 2012 1:26:17 PM

5. If that had been said by a guy in incredible shape -great muscles and especially pecs- I would sort of respect his words...since he is not in top shape I dismiss those words of his....

Posted by: George F | Apr 27, 2012 1:36:54 PM

6. Oh, Simon... do please shut up.

Posted by: Rich F. | Apr 27, 2012 1:42:30 PM

7. There is no reason for him to exist. It would be fun watch him be eaten by hyenas.

Posted by: crowdog | Apr 27, 2012 1:42:51 PM

8. He's a gay man and he says there's no fetish group for man boobs?

He's kidding, right?

Posted by: joe c | Apr 27, 2012 1:58:57 PM

9. Hey guys, I think it was meant to be funny. And it was.

Posted by: jack | Apr 27, 2012 1:59:10 PM

10. It is my fantasy to see Simon Doonan smothered in a dogpile of sweaty leather bears.

Posted by: tikihead | Apr 27, 2012 1:59:58 PM

11. He's fanny(faggy+funny)

Posted by: Mattsy | Apr 27, 2012 2:08:23 PM

12. Maybe he should stick his Man tits in the annual Christmas windows at Barney's and sell them as stocking stuffers...or some kind of stuffer...this is really stupid!

Posted by: VDUFFORD | Apr 27, 2012 2:25:58 PM

13. This man is disgusting

Posted by: Brian35 | Apr 27, 2012 2:28:52 PM

14. I wish that clown would rid us of his stupidity.

Posted by: Michael W. | Apr 27, 2012 2:48:35 PM

15. Simon Doonan is not funny. He is a simpering, mincing caricature. I love effeminate and flamboyant men (Paul Lynde, Charles Nelson Reilly, and Snagglepuss were my childhood idols), but when Doonan goes on TV giggling and making an ass of himself (and the rest of us) with his insidious body fascism (see his recent "humor" book, Gay Men Don't Get Fat), I just want to throttle him.

With friends like Simon Doonan, who needs enemies?

Posted by: Matt | Apr 27, 2012 2:49:21 PM

16. I would rather hang out with someone with man boobs then some girly fag like Simon Doonan.

Posted by: Ted | Apr 27, 2012 2:50:52 PM

17. If I wear a shirt that looks like it's made from my grandmothers table cloth and act like a shallow little twit on national tv, can I fondle Andy Richter's chest too?

Posted by: Tim | Apr 27, 2012 3:09:31 PM

18. Remember the bro bra?

I think moobs will be 127 on my worry list. There are a lot more important things.

Posted by: Mike in the Tundra | Apr 27, 2012 3:16:23 PM

19. But seriously. High fructose corn syrup came along in 1957. Hormones and other chemicals in processed foods, it's a wonder anyone looks good.

And lest anyone kid himself- yes, you can take drugs and it helps to start out thin and thin-natured, but to develop those really beautiful magazine quality bodies takes work. Work that is being done while most people piss away hours watching TV or on the internet and complaining that they simply don't have the time for this or that.

Throw away your TV set. A good start.

Posted by: David Hearn | Apr 27, 2012 3:25:08 PM

20. Gynecomastia is a condition. Look it up, Simon.

Posted by: Dr.Theopolis | Apr 27, 2012 3:41:31 PM

21. I don't get it. Remember when Simon Doonan was a clever, sort of inspirational role model-y kind of guy? Barney's windows! Humorous editorials! And now, this shallow nastiness? I need a new hero.

Posted by: Sam Armstrong | Apr 27, 2012 3:51:59 PM

22. There's a fetish group for them - it's called bisexuals. I call mine my "bi detectors."

Posted by: BGKev | Apr 27, 2012 3:54:21 PM

23. gah, I had to sit through that annoying K Mart commercial only to have the video not load....

Okay. I have moobage. Not as much as some, but enough that it bothers me. Have had them since I was a kid. I work out and they're not as mooby as they used to be, but I finally went to see a Dr. about it - because it IS a medical condition.

After telling me I could lose weight, (I'm 75kg and 6 feet tall..WTF!??), for the $5,000 he wants to reduce them, I'll keep em. I know I like some other guys with 'em and at this point, I'd rather take that 5K and have a hell of a vacation. Truth be told, with some of the photos he showed me of before and afters... the before looked better in my opinion.

A gay man that doesn't know there are some fetish groups for just about anything? Take that fags license away!

Posted by: Kyle | Apr 27, 2012 4:22:43 PM

24. Man, there sure are a lot of really defensive fat guys commenting here.

I agree with Simon. But man boobs are really just a symptom of the larger problem of widespread obesity. Everyone should try to be healthy, and not content themselves with being obese by rationalizing that "some fetish guys like them!"

Posted by: Jeremy | Apr 27, 2012 4:45:54 PM

25. Jeremy, how do you know any of them are fat?

Gynocomastia is a medical condition and there are a LOT of men that have it. Not just fat guys. Plenty of very fit guys have it too. Which is why I thought it laughable that the Dr. in my case told me to lose weight. I told him "look at me...the only fat left on my body is in my chest and my cheeks, and the cheeks will lose it before my moobs will".

It results from excess breast tissue (yup), and fat that is sometimes the result of hormones, just what you were born to have, obesity (for some), or other causes that haven't been clearly established.

Posted by: Kyle | Apr 27, 2012 5:14:23 PM